Mr Chris Sutton
    Last Activity
    11-10-2015 06:02 PM
    Said "Thanks" 37 Times
    Was Thanked 748 Times in 671 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 482 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: First Nutritionist vist FREAKED ME OUT! - HELP

Can you really not get enough to drink? Are you always thirsty?
    Nope. not always thirsty. Early on you have to sip because your stomach is healing. A few months in you can drink in a regular sort of way. You won't drink in the same glug-glug-glug kind of way because it doesn't feel right, but I don't spend my time feeling thirsty. Whenever I feel thirsty I have a drink. I can drink 8oz in a few minutes when I'm really thirsty.

Is anybody able to sip fluids with meals? How does the food not get stuck on the way down without water? I can get used to not drinking if I really have to; I guess I am just a little bummed by it.
    I sometimes sip a small amount of fluid with meals if it's a very dense/dry meal. Given that soup is a meal with lots of fluids and we're allowed to eat that, clearly you aren't going to spontaneously combust if you add some fluid to a meal. If you do it too much, you wash the food through your system faster meaning you get less nutritional bang for your buck and you don't feel as full for as long so lose some of the benefit of the sleeve. Honestly though, I don't find it a struggle to have far less fluid with meals, it comes naturally. My stomach just feels and wants things differently. And I used to drink several large glasses of water with a meal.

So…Who has suggestions for protein and/or meal replacement options that are not disgustingly sweet or thick? I am hoping that some of you have had similar issues with gagging on gross stuff and have found alternatives or options that might work.
    Protein powder can be added to all sorts of stuff such as savoury soups. I like creamier soups and also used skim milk powder to fortify. I also drink/drank quite a lot of skim milk straight to get fluids in with some protein.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Aspinetti's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Annette
    Surgery date
    09/23/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Atkinson
    Last Activity
    12-27-2014 10:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 37 Times
    Was Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

Default Re: First Nutritionist vist FREAKED ME OUT! - HELP

i was just like you with the protein drinks etc... i hated them my entire life and decided that i would deal with that after the fact!!! so here i am 7 days out and im still alive!! i am ready to advance to purees but kinda prefer just to keep to my shakes! you need to try bariatric advantage!! its the best tasting one i have tried so far, my fridge is filled with failed drinks that i dont know what to do with.. my tip for you is to only buy one at a time! ive spend $100's on them and wasted them! but the bariatric vanilla is my fav so far. i mix 2 scoops of protein powder, 4 ounces of water, 4 ounces of orange juice and about 5 ounces of ice and blend it up!! its delicious, that saved my life!! from there i got creative and its gotten so much easier good luck