03/25/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Randall Baker
    Said "Thanks" 28 Times
    Was Thanked 54 Times in 52 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4,758 Times
    Blog Entries

Smile Scale friend and foe!

I am almost 6 months post op. My weight loss is slower than others that I have seen on this forum and I am totally ok with is. I have learned this is my journey and I am really enjoying it! I started this process in a tight 16 should have been really wearing an 18 but my damn pride wouldn’t let me do it!
    I digress, I am getting in all my protein and water and I exercise 4-5 times a week. My body is shedding inches like crazy-this does not always show on the scale.
    I was making myself scale crazy every morning I would run downstairs to the scale. If the scale didn’t say what I had hoped I would tell myself if I just pee or potty one more time the scale would move. True enough if I waited long enough I would use the restroom and the scale would go down sometimes a pound or .2 .3 etc., you get the point. This process would take hours just waiting for some movement on the scale. So instead of eating my breakfast @ 7:00 it could be 11:00 or later…this was insane so now I was behind on my food and my water and spent the rest of the day playing catch up and with a tiny tummy this isn’t a good idea. Some days I wouldn’t clear 700 calories a day. My current calorie content is supposed to be 900-1100 calories. 1100 if I work out this is struggle (who thought a chubby girl would ever have trouble getting calories in!!!!)
    I even at times resorted to taking a quick acting laxative cause I like most of you have issues in that area. I finally 2 weeks ago said the hell with waiting for the scale to make me happy so I could move on with my day. I now only weigh myself once a week and I chose Saturday so I am not making myself late for work or other obligations. Stalls happen no matter what it seems, and I did this to become healthier not to need anxiety meds over the scale, LOL.
    I see many of you posting about the scale not moving and stalls. Be patient if you are doing what you were told it will happen-the scale will move and you will lose weight! I highly encourage you to measure yourself monthly. Prior to my surgery I saw one of the women here posting her weight and measurements it is an excellent idea to see how far you have come!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member goestogym's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    02/08/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Sasse
    Last Activity
    03-30-2024 02:55 PM
    Said "Thanks" 92 Times
    Was Thanked 116 Times in 88 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 246 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Scale friend and foe!

I don't consider your progress to be slow. I'm sure people are complimenting you, and that you feel and look great. I weigh no more than every week. The scale is covered with a black garbage bag and over that a Macy's shopping bag, so it's a process to weigh!

4. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Said "Thanks" 71 Times
    Was Thanked 96 Times in 89 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Scale friend and foe!

Ur doing awesome..I only weigh myself Monday mornings

6. Said thanks: