Surgeon
    Dr. McCluney
    Last Activity
    03-01-2016 07:20 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: Anyone from Massachusetts?

Hi I am from Ma. I have a surgery date of Jan.8th at St Elizabeths hospital. My doctor is Dr. McCluney. I am having my lapband out and hopefully sleeved the same time. He says depending on the scare tissue around the band. Him and the director of bariatric surgery will be doing it because its a revision and that hospital requires both doctors to be there. I'm ok with that Just means two sets of eyes watching over me I m excited to get this band out of me and, but also nervous.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Chatty Kathy's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    02/04/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Lautz
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times
    Blog Entries

I am from Billerica MA. Just started the process and I hope to have my surgery by the end of March 2014. I am with Lowell General Bariatric program and my surgery will be done by Dr. Rebecca Shore. I was told that their facility is rated #5 in the country for this type of surgery. They invest a lot of time in the pre-op and post-op care of their patients. I have not met anyone on this site yet who is in the same program as I am. Juliek1968, I hope you are recovering from your surgery. I originally was going to have the lap band. After attending the information session and talking to several people, I have decided to get the sleeve. I only have the courage to do this one time! I need this procedure to be successful. After reading so many positive stories, I know I have made the right decision for me.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    01/08/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. McCluney
    Last Activity
    03-01-2016 07:20 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

Hi, I am doing good thank you. The doc was able to do the revision in one surgery! I am home from the hospital and doing good. I wish i did the sleeve first,b but it wasn't covered by my insurance then. Good luck to you!! Take care!!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    03/04/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr Gee
    Last Activity
    09-30-2014 11:03 AM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi, I am from Marblehead, and went through MGH Weight Center. They are a great group of folks and I really like my team.

Gastric Sleeve Member cindylbandtogastsleeve's Avatar
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Cindy P
    Surgery date
    05/18/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr Darius Ameri
    Last Activity
    05-05-2016 05:37 PM
    Said "Thanks" 10 Times
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 41 Times
    Blog Entries

I am glad it worked for you. I have to try to locate a doctor locally, but I am limited because of my insurance. I work for a hospital and must choose a physician within my network. I am going to get back into looking for a new surgeon, since unfortunately mine had his license suspended. Dr. Sheldon Randall was my doc; sad, but he has four cases against him. I am ready to seriously look for a new surgeon soon! Thank you for writing to me. Cindy P

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    12-16-2014 12:36 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Hi Chatty Kathy
    I know you posted this message a long time ago but when I read it I just had to reply. I just moved from Billerica (lived there 5 years) to Nashua. I am also with Lowell General Hospital and my surgery will be also done with Dr. Shore. I am having my first appointment with her in January. Right now I am taking all my classes and doing all the tests.
    How are you doing? How was your experience with Dr. Shore? Did you like her? Would you recommend her? Was your recovery good? I am dying to know! Anything you can tell me would be great. It is impossible to find anyone from Lowell General or Dr. Shore in these forums. Best of luck!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    12-16-2014 12:36 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Chatty Kathy View Post
    I am from Billerica MA. Just started the process and I hope to have my surgery by the end of March 2014. I am with Lowell General Bariatric program and my surgery will be done by Dr. Rebecca Shore. I was told that their facility is rated #5 in the country for this type of surgery. They invest a lot of time in the pre-op and post-op care of their patients. I have not met anyone on this site yet who is in the same program as I am. Juliek1968, I hope you are recovering from your surgery. I originally was going to have the lap band. After attending the information session and talking to several people, I have decided to get the sleeve. I only have the courage to do this one time! I need this procedure to be successful. After reading so many positive stories, I know I have made the right decision for me.
    Hi Chatty Kathy
    I know you posted this message a long time ago but when I read it I just had to reply. I just moved from Billerica (lived there 5 years) to Nashua. I am also with Lowell General Hospital and my surgery will be also done with Dr. Shore. I am having my first appointment with her in January. Right now I am taking all my classes and doing all the tests.
    How are you doing? How was your experience with Dr. Shore? Did you like her? Would you recommend her? Was your recovery good? I am dying to know! Anything you can tell me would be great. It is impossible to find anyone from Lowell General or Dr. Shore in these forums. Best of luck!

Gastric Sleeve Member Chatty Kathy's Avatar
    Surgery date
    02/04/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Lautz
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times
    Blog Entries

Hi, sorry to say but I did not end up having surgery with that program. My BMI was 39.8 and my insurance would not cover it. I am currently enrolled in a program with Emerson Hospital and my BMI is now 41. I am approved to have surgery and as soon as my ulcer in my esophagus heals, I am good to go! I was supposed to have surgery tomorrow, but, it had to be cancelled because of that. SO UPSET. But, have to listen to the doctors.

I did like the program there as they covered everything to expect. I did not go back to them because once I was denied, they just stopped contact with me. I would have thought they would be encouraging. Good luck and attend the support groups and ask lots of questions.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Last Activity
    08-05-2015 01:32 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Hi all!

It's interesting to see that others have also had the Lap Band and converted to the sleeve. I had my band removed in 2011 and though it was suggested I convert at the time, I opted not to as I didn't feel mentally prepared. Now it's almost four years later and I'm looking into doing the sleeve. Dr. Shikora did my surgeries (put the band in at Tufts, took it out at BWH) and I plan on continuing with him as I've been very satisfied with my experience with him. Hope you all are continuing to do all on your journeys!