Dr. Jessee
    Last Activity
    12-13-2013 01:38 PM
    Said "Thanks" 25 Times
    Was Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 7 Times

Post New to board

Hello all
    I am new to this forum and look forward to sharing my gastric story and ideas as well as obtaining ideas.

My surgery date is for the 25th of September at the Palms of Pasadena in Tampa. I am really excited to start a whole new chapter in my life and to be a healthy one at that. I am a bit nervous of the surgery but, I'm keeping a positive attitude and know that everything will be just fine.

I've been a big girl most of my life starting around the age of 18. I've been on a variety of diets and have lost weight but, only later to put it back on and then some. I'm sure this might sound familiar to some of you.

Obesity is a side effect of unbalanced emotions and how everyday life situations are handled. Also, the A.M.A in June 2013 has declared that obesity is classified as a disease, it's an epidemic of mass proportions that are being served at restaurants. Families with incomes that are on the lower side of the scale find it easier to feed a family of four with processed foods laden with artificial ingredients and preservatives because they are cheaper than fresh fruits and vegetables.
    We are no longer walking to work or school because it's to hot or inconvenient. We have games and cell phones to keep us busy and find excuses not to exercise. It is hard to exercise because I am to heavy to carry the weight around let alone try to run with it.

The gastric sleeve surgery is a tool not to take lightly and is to be used with the utmost respect. I know that at times I can be an emotional eater and other times I eat because I'm just board. What ever the reasons are I know that this surgery will not cure all of my issues but, will help me in a way that I describe as being "forcible." Meaning that it will guide me as to not east as much in one sitting and to remember why I had this procedure. I am aware that weight can still be gained again even when I'm sleeved because a calorie is a calorie no matter what you eat etc, chocolate ice cream, or anything that is soft and full of empty calories.

I wish everyone luck in their journey to a healthy lifestyle and please excuse me if I seemed to be rambling. Ideas pop in my head and so I wrote them down.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Jenn
    Surgery date
    01/10/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Richard Boorse
    Last Activity
    04-18-2016 10:25 AM
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 32 Times in 31 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 565 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New to board

Good luck! Looking forward to hearing about your experiences.

Twitter: TheJenn_C

Gastric Sleeve Member Varden's Lady's Avatar
    Surgery date
    09/30/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Corvala
    Last Activity
    03-28-2014 02:18 PM
    Said "Thanks" 40 Times
    Was Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 53 Times
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the group. Sounds like you've got your head in the right place. I'm getting my surgery done Sept 30, so we'll be going through the challenges on the other side together!

Gastric Sleeve Member Kimpossible318's Avatar
    Name
    Kim
    Surgery date
    09/16/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Dexter Turnquest
    Last Activity
    09-08-2014 10:08 PM
    Said "Thanks" 51 Times
    Was Thanked 188 Times in 178 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,437 Times
    Blog Entries

I've been a "big girl" since I was in 5th grade, so I hear ya! I have genetics and emotional eating to beat, but I'm 100% confident the sleeve is going to help me fight both! I'm getting sleeved 9/16. We will have to follow each other's journeys. Best wishes to you! =)

Surgery date
    06/07/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Shillingford
    Last Activity
    05-02-2016 06:01 PM
    Said "Thanks" 175 Times
    Was Thanked 291 Times in 272 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 250 Times

Welcome to the forum and your decision to start a whole new life! You will love your new life!!

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents