Surgeon
    Kurian
    Last Activity
    08-29-2013 10:30 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default My Journey

Hello Everyone, For years I tried every diet known to man to no avail. I was at work one day and one of my co workers and I started discussing tummy tucks and liposuction. When I explained to her that I was considering both she mentioned the Gastric Sleeve Surgery. I later went home and researched it myself. I was pleased with the new information and I then decided to begin my journey to my weight loss success. I was sleeved by Dr. Marina Kurian at NYU in NYC on June 25, 2013. On the day of surgery I weighed 235lbs. Today August 18, 2013 I weigh 201 lbs. I don't feel that I loosing as much others but I think I might have to increase my exercise routine. Does anyone have suggestions or ideas for me to be more successful?

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member reading mom's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    05/28/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Borland
    Last Activity
    02-25-2015 06:40 AM
    Said "Thanks" 123 Times
    Was Thanked 218 Times in 210 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3,641 Times

Default Re: My Journey

Hello! Congratulations on your weight loss! My advice is try different types of exercise till you find one you like, or at least don't mind as much. You might feel more peaceful about your rate of loss if you don't compare your loss to others since we are all unique. If you are following your doc's instructions then just keep up the good work. If not then you know what to do. Keep us posted on your progress!