Surgeon
    Kurian
    Last Activity
    08-29-2013 10:30 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Hello

Hello everyone I am new to the site and I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips for increasing my weight loss. I am still having difficulty eating and I would like to know if my weight loss thus far is on track.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Carri
    Surgery date
    07/05/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Avashai Meyer
    Last Activity
    03-04-2015 03:55 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 11 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hello

Lenora.. I had some serious (well serious to me the doc didn't seem to upset) stalls at 2 weeks out and again at about 4 weeks. I did not do well tolerating new things and I could not tolerate protien shakes. I was barely getting any calories in at all. I lost weight so rapid from the get go because I was back in the hospital the first week (dehyration horrible vomitting of pretty much nothing but the tiny bit of bile my pouch was producing) .. I was excited even if it was "bad" A friend at work introduced me to fiber one brownies.. at first I thought it wasn't the healthiest choice.. checked with my nut and discovered even though it wasn't packed full of protien it was FOOD soft food I could tolerate and I started losing again. I was just eating one a day and trying to cram in milk since shakes didn't work.. you really do need to get those calories in so your body doesn't think it's starving! I started them at about four weeks and on days this moody pouch of mine doesn't even want to smell food or beverage... I eat one or two a day and so far so good! I am sure there are tons of other products out there mind you besides fiber one brownies (they have a cookie with the same nut stats) but these just worked for me.. they had flavor and stayed down!! Whatever you can eat.. try to drink. I know they say water water water but remember milk if you can tolerate it (I am a milk drinker) has the protien and the fluid oz's you need! It's not a calorie counting contest when nothing else is staying in!!! Good Luck!