Last Activity
    01-21-2014 03:32 AM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Pre-surgery bloods

Hi again,

I had all my pre-op bloods and ECG carried out yesterday!! 9 viles of blood!!! Thank God I had a good vein. Anyway it's green to go provided nothing shows up in the bloods. Less than 40 days to go and to be honest I am not very nervous at the moment. I am actually more excited than anything else.

I told my mum yesterday and she is freaking out. There is still a perception amongst the Irish that traveling abroad for surgery is not safe, however, the reality is the complete opposite. during the course of my research I found that Ireland doesn't have a dedicated bariatric surgeon, they have general surgeons who dabble in bariatric surgery when they have to. Regardless of what my mum and others say, I am confident that I have made the right decision about the surgeon I have chosen in Belgium.

I am starting to reduce my portion size and I read on the internet that it is a good idea to use a pastry fork for eating to get used of the small bit sizes. I have to say I have been doing this and I find it very helpful. I have lost 7lbs by just stepping back from the table but the hunger sensation is slightly overwhelming at times. I am looking forward to not experiencing this post op.

Anyway, that's it for me at the mo and I will check back in soon.

Garrett

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    08/22/2013
    Surgeon
    Mr Van den bossche
    Last Activity
    03-11-2015 11:02 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: Pre-surgery bloods

Good luck with the rest of your journey DeLaRoche. My mum also freaked out about the op although she was more worried that I'd been inquiring after the band. Once I told her I was getting the sleeve she was great. Even showed her the op being done on YouTube. I'm having mine done privately in the uk but from reading a lot of posts about people going abroad for surgery, I think as long as you've researched and researched and possibly researched again you should have some peace of mind. It's unbelievable the difference in cost! Good luck x x x