Surgery date
    09/28/2010
    Last Activity
    07-22-2011 05:03 PM
    Said "Thanks" 121 Times
    Was Thanked 80 Times in 44 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 84 Times

Default Professor McMahon at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital saved me

I would just like to tell everyone how wondefull my prof is and how impressed i was with his handy work . now remember i look as if i am 12 months pregnent with tripletts (3 + Hernias ) and at one stage my weight was creaping up to 180 kg and i could feel is was starting to fade i had just about given up on my self .
    Professor McMahon at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital saved me , he has given me a new chance at my life i can not begine to tell you how much better i feel and i only had the op on the 28 sep 2010. my doctors at my surgary had given up on me i was told thay did all thay could to help me i could feel i was dieing a slow death thank goodness for Prof at that point in my life when i was on my lowest God helped me and i found Professor McMahon i have all the respect in the world for him and trust that can never be broken as i am part of his hand work for the first time in my life i had an op that did not go septic now that realy made me wonder how is it all the other times the nhs staff was quick to say its due to my weight that i had gotton wound infection after an op C section and 2 hernia ops mmmmm makes you wonder how clean the staff and Hospital and equpment ect are . Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital took care of me and all i can say to everyone with whom i got in contact with is thank you for everything you all did for me while i was in your care ...

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    03-13-2014 01:56 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: Professor McMahon at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital saved me

Really good news. What are you down to now Flea?
    jane x

Dr Cierny in Brno, Czech Republic, May 12 2009

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    09/28/2010
    Last Activity
    07-22-2011 05:03 PM
    Said "Thanks" 121 Times
    Was Thanked 80 Times in 44 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 84 Times

hello jane
    my weight at the moment is standing at 153 kg
    i am waiting for my apoinment for a hernia suport belt
    and as soon as i get the belt i can start to walk how ever i do swim when i get the time to. i would be so happy the day i get the belt as i need to suport my bumps and my back but so far i cant complain i do feel so much better for having the op
    one of he first things i noticed was my ankels were not as swollen as befor the op
    and i am now able to sleep on my back as in the past i could only sleep on my sides
    my weight loss is slower but i cant complain i am still loseing the kgs

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    03-13-2014 01:56 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Hi Flea, sounds like you are having a very hard time. But you are on the road to recovery so it's just a case of slogging it out next year you will be in a very different place. I always remind myself that 'this too shall pass' whenever I am in difficulties. I hope the NHS can get your support done asap so you can continue to help yourself recover and you are doing really well on the weight loss, thats shed loads of kgs that have gone!! My loss was slow and steady too, not the spectacular loss like men get with thier super metabolisms.
    Jane x

Dr Cierny in Brno, Czech Republic, May 12 2009