Surgeon
    Westmoreland
    Last Activity
    08-04-2013 07:12 PM
    Said "Thanks" 12 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: Is It Normal To Feel This Way? 10 Days Post Op

Hang in there! I am only three weeks out and am able to eat practically anything I want. I struggled a lot the first two weeks. I was so pissed at the people who told me I wouldn't be hungry or want bad food. They lied, I wanted fries and bacon! I even got a piece of bacon, chewed it up, and spit it out. It actually helped. I will tell you that I have started seeing results this week and got to shop at a store other than Lane Bryant because I no longer need to wear size 26-28. I tried clothes on at Dress Barn and wore size 22! I know there is still a long way to go to a size 12 for me but I am getting there and so will you! I know something else that has helped me is taking a very small bite of whatever I am craving to get it out of my head. My husband is not very supportive and baked chocolate chip cookies over and over and I wanted one so bad. So, I finally took a small bite of it and I had my fix. Hang in there, I promise in a few days, you will be at a different place.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    08/27/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Jeffery Allen
    Last Activity
    04-08-2015 10:50 AM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 122 Times in 115 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 370 Times
    Blog Entries

Hang in there! I have not had surgery yet but I know this will get better for you. You are so lucky not to have any problems and now things will start getting better every day.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    07/15/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Duffy
    Last Activity
    11-08-2013 06:45 PM
    Said "Thanks" 14 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

OMG! You sound just like me! My surgery date was 7/15/13 and last week I was so depressed and in such a slump! I miss food. I love food! I look at it this way - I had my share +++ my whole life, so I cannot regret not having this or that. Last week I was thinking "Will I ever be able to eat normal food?" and the answer is yes - in time and with portions that will not get me at 300+ lbs. again!
    Good Luck!

Name
    Melanie
    Surgery date
    07/17/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Bledsoe
    Last Activity
    09-26-2013 01:23 PM
    Said "Thanks" 26 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

Once again thank you allllll sooooo much! I love reading these kind & helpful words! So thankful for each & every one of you!

Gastric Sleeve Member applejacks's Avatar
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgeon
    Dr. Yenumula
    Last Activity
    05-06-2014 04:35 AM
    Said "Thanks" 12 Times
    Was Thanked 35 Times in 35 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 18 Times

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling a little better. Just remember to come here anytime and everytime you need some support because even though everyone's journey is slightly different in some way or another we ALL understand what you have been/are going through

A little history on my journey...
    I had the LapBand in Nov 2007 and pretty much lost about 120 lbs with that tool but started having some small complications on/off for about the last 3 years. My surgeron couldn't quite pinpoint what was going on. And when he left to practice medicine in another country I changed my doctors to one closer to me (same hospital and insurance) because he was located at an office 2 hrs away from me.
    My new surgeon found that my band was slipped and after almost 6 full yrs of being banded I had it removed 1 month ago. So glad to be pain free (because it was causing some pain in my back behind where they Band was placed)...but I HATE that feeling of being "hungry" again....I've had restriction for almost 6yrs and I forgot what it was like to feel "hungry"
    I am hoping to be getting my sleeve soon so I can have "restriction" again and be satisfied with eating smaller amounts of food again. But I do remember well what it was like when I first got my band to be sitting around and watching other eat things I couldn't have. I'm not saying I made the best decision but when others were eating I would go into my room and eat my "special" foods and watch TV by myself for the first month until I felt comfortable eating around others again.

For me it sucked because with the band they don't fill it up and you don't get to feel a "restriction" feeling until 6 weeks after surgery. So they had me eating things like Yogurt, Applesauce, Protein Shakes for 4 weeks but I was still "hungry" because they didn't tighten my band right away.
    Needless to say even though I am glad it's gone because of the pain that the slipped band caused me I am sad that I don't have any "physical tools" right now.
    Hang in there and keep in touch with all of us. If you ever need to talk feel free to send me a private message too!
    Take care
    April

Highest Wt. before LapBand(11/2006) -416 lbs.
    Day of Surgery to remove LapBand (6/26/13) -330 lbs.
    Goal Wt. to get Sleeve Surgery -320 lbs.
    1st Mini Goal Wt. 295 lbs. -
    2nd Mini Goal Wt. 275 lbs. -
    3rd Mini Goal Wt. 250 lbs. -
    4th Mini Goal Wt. 225 lbs. -
    5th Mini Goal Wt. 195 lbs. -
    6th Mini Goal Wt. 180 lbs. -
    Goal Wt. 170 lbs. -

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents