Dr Cottrell
    Last Activity
    01-04-2017 09:36 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 15 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Down 85lbs and stopped!

Okay need help / advice! I had my surgery last year (March) and I feel so much better, but I feel like I can eat too much. I haven't lost but about 5lbs in the past 6months. I haven't weighed in for a month or so but I've stayed at a steady weight. I tend to not be as hungry in the mornings. I usually skip breakfast (I know not good), but I feel like I can eat too much at meals, not to mention I get hungry frequently. I can eat and 30 minutes to an hour later feel hungry again.

I desperately want to lost this last 20 or so lbs and need some encouragement. I need my groove back! I work a lot and have 4 kids. Its so easy to be in a "bad" routine!!!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Scubagecko's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    David
    Surgery date
    12/20/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Sang-Moon Han
    Last Activity
    12-15-2020 03:11 PM
    Said "Thanks" 95 Times
    Was Thanked 103 Times in 98 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 100 Times

Default Re: Down 85lbs and stopped!

I'm not nearly as far along as you but my suggestion would be to get back to basics with your sleeve, think 1 month out from surgery. Focus on getting all your meals, breakfast too, focus on getting your protein and water. Do your best to incorporate exercise and activity throughout your day. Take the stairs instead of escalators or elevators. Park at the back of the parking lot just so you have to walk further, etc...

You've come so far and the summit is always the toughest part of the climb but I have faith in you. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Total inches lost to date 38.6 inches 98.0 cm
    Highest weight 325
    1st Goal - below 300 (12/12/30) 9 days after surgery'
    2nd Goal - 265 weight I met my wife (13/2/23)
    3rd Goal - 250 lowest weight in my 30's (15/4/2013)
    4th Goal - 215 lowest weight as an adult ()
    5th Goal - below 200 ()

4. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Mae
    Surgery date
    04/08/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr.S. Hughes
    Last Activity
    10-10-2018 01:10 PM
    Said "Thanks" 88 Times
    Was Thanked 94 Times in 94 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2,573 Times
    Blog Entries

You have done so well. My tip is get back to basic , eat breakfast an egg or protein shake. Get your water in. Get back on schedule with your sleeve life . You can do this so get to it. You are in sight of your finish line don't stop now , you have ran this race well the finish line is in sight the prize is waiting it's time to give it all you've got work your sleeve. You know what to do. You have the tool. We await your post telling us you have finished the race. I am cheering for you. Aleetx go, go goooo.

6. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Ron
    Surgery date
    07/11/2011
    Surgeon
    Tariq
    Last Activity
    06-03-2016 10:38 AM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 17 Times

I'm right there with you. I was down about 80 at 6 months, then it ground to a halt. I do have a lot more to go than you do though. I admit, I fall back into bad habits easily and working to avoid that. I've been trying to get back to daily exercise. It's always so easy to say I'm tired today, I'll go out tomorrow. Some friends and I are forming a mini support group as we're all trying to get the good habits back, so I'm hoping that will help my focus. I also went back to replacing lunch with a protein shake as I feel like I do better getting actual food in my in the morning. Just try to think of things to help keep yourself focused. Good luck!