Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    08-11-2019 01:31 PM
    Said "Thanks" 34 Times
    Was Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Default Re: Is everyone a food addict?

I also have many problems because I'm obese too! I'm not a food addict actually, I've been chubby since I was little and my weight keeps growing even though I didn't eat much. So whenever my friends see me eating my meal, they always say "You eat a lot!" "Why everytime I see you, you're eating something?" Urghhhhhh , honestly I hate that!! I hate them saying it! Just wanna throw the food to their face!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Sandra
    Surgery date
    01/20/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr W
    Last Activity
    06-25-2020 09:15 AM
    Said "Thanks" 290 Times
    Was Thanked 1,067 Times in 752 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 480 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Is everyone a food addict?

Quote Originally Posted by Jull View Post
    I also have many problems because I'm obese too! I'm not a food addict actually, I've been chubby since I was little and my weight keeps growing even though I didn't eat much. So whenever my friends see me eating my meal, they always say "You eat a lot!" "Why everytime I see you, you're eating something?" Urghhhhhh , honestly I hate that!! I hate them saying it! Just wanna throw the food to their face!
    We are not all obese for the same reasons but people are ignorant and just use stereotypes when nobody is asking them their opinions.
    In the last few years research has been incredibly fast and improving knowledge about obesity, and now doctors start to understand that people don't chose to be obese and stuff their faces, but something goes really wrong in their metabolism and obese patient are actually really hungry! Of course many will eat more than the average size person but it's mainly out of their control! it's not about food addiction only, it's mainly because the brain is sending messages to eat more to fuel the large body who needs more calories..

I started to be chubby when I was 8 years old when my asthma developed, right after I took antibiotics.
    I was not obese (yet) but that was a sign. Two relatives have the same profile : asthma/obesity/hormones issues etc...and massive obesity with the first pregnancy.
    It took me years to figure out that yes, I became obese with my first pregnancy, I developed gestational diabetes and could never lose the weight after. And I did try. A lot and for a very long time! But I'm not guilty for my obesity. My health is what it is, and the more I read about obesity research the more I understand that many doctors do nothing to help obese patients and society is just about prejudice. For many, obesity is scary and a sign of failure.
    It's not: it's just a disease!
    I just finished the excellent book "The Secret Life of Fat: The Science Behind the Body's Least Understood Organ and What It Means for You" by Sylvia Tara. You should read it if you have time: it's a lot of wonderful information.

Now: I've been obese for twenty years. Do I try to educate people around me about obesity? sometimes I do if I see people ask questions and have good intentions. But sometimes I can see that people are just making comments to be mean. Why bother in that case? they are just using what they can use against me and I'm not letting it happen. Most of the time it's either because people are jealous and so happy to "make you pay" and/or they have no life, are bored and like to hurt people....in any case, I stay far away from any of those people, that's the beauty about choosing our friends.

I must say that my friends have been all really supportive as far as I can remember, nasty comments (always and only) came from relatives...lucky me I don't see them often.

HW : 150 kgs
    09/02/2014 : 142 /1st apt
    01/20/2016 : 134 /surgery
    01/30/2016 : 130 /1st post-op
    02/27/2016 : 126 /2nd
    04/23/2016 : 118 /3rd
    07/16/2016 : 109 / 4th
    10/01/2016 : 103 /5th
    01/21/2017 : 98 /1 year post-op
    February 2017 : 100 lbs lost
    07/22/2017 : 96
    10/21/2017 : 93