Dr. Roslin
    Last Activity
    12-21-2013 11:20 AM
    Said "Thanks" 33 Times
    Was Thanked 41 Times in 38 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2,121 Times
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Protein Shakes

OK, I am stocking up as I have surgery on the 8th and I know without proper protein, hair can fall out, muscle can be lost, etc. I have two that I love and are fairly high in protein. First, I have enjoyed PURE PROTEIN shakes for weeks now, supplementing an occasional meal when on the go with a frosty, tasty "treat." They come in a 12 0z can, so it is grab n go! The product offers 35 grams of protein and is very low in digestible carbs (1-4). The strawberry is my least favorite; the chocolate tastes similar to a frozen hot chocolate; the banana is tasty and the cookies and cream is like melted ice cream!!! It is my favorite! None of them have the chalky texture or "health food taste" that similar products do. Now, I just tried GNC's AMP whey protein shake, vanilla. It is a powder you mix w water or milk. It goes down smoothly, even more so than the PURE PROTEIN and carried a whopping 60 grams of quick absorbing protein. It can be enhanced with blended fruit or those sugar free coffee syrups they sell by the bottle in Marshall's and such places. Tasty and very liquidy, which I imagine is an asset when you cannot swallow well for the first few days. Next up is another GNC offering, ISOPURE which boasts 80 grams of protein. Will let ya know.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    06/12/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wizman
    Last Activity
    07-08-2013 02:00 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: Protein Shakes

I'm not a big fan of ISO pure, but everyone is different....try premier protein...it's pretty good, you can get it at BJ's or places like that...also, Unjury protein is good, but you gotta order it online...I had my surgery June 12th..Good luck ))