Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    07-28-2016 04:16 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: ?s about surgery in Mexico

I am about four months post vertical gastric sleeve. I went through MexicoBariatricCenter and Christy was my coordinator. Drs. Cabrera and Valenzuela were my surgeons in Tijuana and Dr. Garcia assisted. The surgery was at MI Hospital. It has a surgical suite, an ICU, a radiology department, and a lab on site. I spent the night I arrived and the next two nights after surgery in the hospital, then was taken to the Tijuana Marriot for two additional nights. Everything went smoothly. Every question I had was answered quickly and completely. When my plane was very delayed arrangements were made for me. I felt great post op. I had no significant post operative pain, nausea, vomiting or other complications. I walked several miles the first day I was in the hotel. I was taken to the Tijuana Marriott after being discharged from the hospital and the accomodations and service there was impeccable. The hospital was clean and well equipped and the staff was friendly and professional and spoke very good English. The cost was $4500 USD exclusive of airfare. I spent about $100 on food, cabs, tips, and a $20 bottle of 60 Omeprazole (Prilosec) we were asked to purchase and take. Air fare to San Diego was actually less expensive than to the Texas border towns. I have followed up with my own primary care doctor. I received an English copy of my barium swallow as well as a CD with the actual study on it, my dictated operative report, and my preoperative testing results prior to leaving the hospital. I am very happy with my results and would be happy to comment further on my experience.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Last Activity
    10-21-2013 06:58 PM
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 13 Times

Thank you, everyone!

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    09/02/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ortiz
    Last Activity
    10-09-2014 07:23 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

So glad to see all these replies, as I am considering going to Mexico for the surgery, too! Thank you!