Last Activity
    05-02-2014 06:33 AM
    Said "Thanks" 12 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5 Times

Default Re: 2 Years out, and not there yet...HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Cece42 View Post
    Shirley,
    I just came back to this forum after taking a little detour in life and gaining 17 lbs. I also am 2 years out (in August) and feel your pain! I also love popcorn-- the salty, crunchy demon. I also ate it every day after work (stressed?). I don't have it in my home anymore, did the 5 day pouch test and came back here for support. I know the "magic" is gone but for me, carbs and snacking create a never ending cycle. God must have heard you, look at all the support you have here! Also, I think that a lot of people struggle and many of them get discouraged and leave the boards...you're here and we are in this together! If you're feeling discouraged, get out a before picture...and remember how far you've come.
    What is the 5 day pouch test

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member incredibleshrnkngshirly's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Shirley
    Surgery date
    07/13/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Terry Scarborough
    Last Activity
    10-18-2015 10:26 AM
    Said "Thanks" 290 Times
    Was Thanked 99 Times in 82 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2,398 Times

I am overwhelmed and greatly honored at all the posts....I can't thank you all enough. Just to feel that I am not alone or in a corner being ignored, is such a shot in the arm for me. I feel like I can finally look ahead and see that goal in front of me. I am going and doing more activity than I was. I'm off the sofa and doing more outdoors in the evening when it's cooler ( well, as cool as it can get down here in August/September) I've been walking about a block and a half to work. We are getting a new building so we have to park down the street a ways and get shuttled. Several people always stop and ask if they can give me a ride somewhere. Or they ask if I'm in trouble. I often wonder, if I was still 278, would anybody stop and ask me if they could help? Or would they think, heh, she NEEDS to walk! Nah, it's Texas....they would give me a ride! LOL thank you everyone for the lovely comments, the support...I know now that I'm not alone....I'm eating off of a saucer now instead of a salad plate...it's working! I've lost four pounds by eating less and moving more. Has anybody else tried the smaller plate thing? Are y'all weighing and measuring? I did that in WWatchers...worked for while...but I'm too lazy to stick with it :-/

Name
    Shirley
    Surgery date
    07/13/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Terry Scarborough
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 290 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Msvetrn View Post
    I use to have a husband (lol) who NEVER finished anything. He told me once that he didnt ever finish things becuase then if the project did not turn out well, he could not say, "Im not finished yet". I have no clue if that even relates to you, but.....

I can relate to your life...I was always underweight! Never exercised - hated it and still do. I have never exercised since my sleee except some occasional swimming and sporadic hikes with my dogs. I was 118 when I got pregnant with each child and always returned to 118 post pregnancy. Then, at 35, I had a hysterectlmy and it was WEIGHT GAIN HISTORY from then on until I was 57 and finally had the sleeve. Unlike you, though, I was quite anxious to get back to my thin self! Now, at 132, Size 6/8, I am happy with my weight and feel so good about myself. I did go the extra couple miles with Plastics to increase my self esteem even more because I DESERVE it and so do you. Dont hold YOURSELF back. Get to your goal and get it over with!!! :-) You dont need advicer on how or what to eat or how to exercise...you know all that. You need to get out of your own head. GOOD LUCK! Email me anytime!!

Thank you Christy, I know you are right. Right now I am fighting the urge to go eat. So I pulled out the old IPad and straight to the forum. It helps so much to come here and talk to lovely folks like you and Jen. Everyone who replied to this thread has helped me so much. My weight is back on the down slope again. It also helps not to have the junk in the house! I'm currently looking for an over eaters anonymous group here locally. I need help, I know it....I cannot gain anymore...it has to stop. Thanksgiving and Christmas is coming....yikes! Thank y'all so much...I thank God for folks like you all! Thank you for being there for me!!!

Gastric Sleeve Member 1happyloser2b's Avatar
    Surgery date
    04/18/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr.Minkin
    Last Activity
    12-15-2014 11:20 AM
    Said "Thanks" 15 Times
    Was Thanked 35 Times in 34 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6,566 Times
    Blog Entries

You have not failed!!! You can do it just refocus!!! Restart!! There is no set time to finish or reach your goal, it is not too late!!! You have done well you are just off track right now!! . God Bless!! 🙏

Gastric Sleeve Member short sleeve's Avatar
    Name
    Karie
    Surgery date
    07/05/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Keith Kim
    Last Activity
    10-24-2014 06:38 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 36 Times
    Blog Entries

Shirley you replied to one of my posts and shared that you too had a yorkie. You mentioned that your yorkie is overweight, I would like to hear that both you and your pet are enjoying long, leisurely walks, enjoying each others company and getting healthy together. Getting out and doing something to improve both of your lives will certainly improve your health and your outlook. Best of luck to you both, my thoughts and prayers are with you. You can do this!!!

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member girliegirl777's Avatar
    Name
    Erika
    Surgery date
    09/25/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Nguyen
    Last Activity
    09-28-2014 11:15 PM
    Said "Thanks" 61 Times
    Was Thanked 136 Times in 127 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 150 Times
    Blog Entries

What you are describing is very common among women and especially women with weight and subsequent self-esteem issues. By taking the step to be honest in this forum, that shows me that you are desiring success for yourself. It also sounds like you many be going through some stressful times financially. Let go of those old patterns of using food for comfort. A short walk really does wonders for your self-esteem and is a natural depression fighter. Find a local high school track and start with one lap and work your way up.

Sometimes weight loss can be such a boost to your overall outlook that people don't want to let that feeling go, so they hold on to a bit of weight to continue the weight loss journey. If this is the case, it might be time to look at the excitement you will have by tallying up all of your days of weight maintenance and the benefits you will bring to others on this forum as a successful sleeve veteran.

Best of luck - we are rooting for you.

Surgery date
    10/19/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    01-02-2014 10:36 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 42 Times in 36 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 150 Times

Shirley, I am just now 2 yrs post op & I am gaining slowly but I cant get my mindset where it needs to be I LOVE to eat as well. I will honestly say that I a food addict. I need to make some serious changes or I will eb back where I was 2 yrs ago. you are DEFINITELY not alone

Name
    Heather Rhyne
    Surgery date
    06/24/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Greg Mancini
    Last Activity
    09-22-2015 05:08 PM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 67 Times in 60 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times
    Blog Entries

Sorry I am not praying for you that's not going to help get you moving!!!
    But doesn't mean I don't care about you on the contrary .. What you need is a rocket from behind and let me be your rocket!
    Hey! Listen you went through all that hard work and pain to get where you are a size 16 and that's brilliant! You look great!
    But you need to get with it and Get moving! I too hate exercise in fact I wrecked my knee doing some Jillian Michaels exercise so
    I don't feel like moving but I need to!
    How about I encourage you to do some walking and I will too...??? I need someone to encourage me ..
    So you get moving and I will too.. And we can compare notes... Don't give up !!!!!! You need to get with it!!!
    30 minutes a day starting tomorrow???? What do you say???
    Hev

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Theresa
    Surgery date
    02/08/2012
    Surgeon
    Tri State
    Last Activity
    12-13-2021 08:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 16 Times
    Was Thanked 78 Times in 74 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 352 Times

I sooo needed this whole thread!!
    I stopped losing over a year ago. Then, I started gaining.
    I didn't really exercise but I walked and moved a lot more than I did before.
    I don't eat a ton. I don't fantasize about food, I don't crave donuts or cheeseburgers or crap like that...
    I made tacos for dinner tonight. I only ate one. that's all I can really eat at a time.
    BUT ... i LOVE LOVE LOVE smart foods white cheddar popcorn.
    For the past 30 years I rarely drank any liquor, but for the past 15 months I have at least one or 2 a day (and sometimes more)... I stopped the Baileys Irish cream.. too many calories and carbs. I stopped the Three Olives Triple Shot Espresso Vodka (i make iced lattes with that) I still have my vodka, but it's with the 5 calorie cranberry juice or v8.
    I have started going to the gym 3 days a week for an hour or so. I work with weights, I can do 35 minutes on the eliptical.
    I have gained 30 lbs back in the past 15 months.
    I made a call today to the bariatric surgeons' office. I have an appt for thursday. WHat the hell is wrong with me?

I don't even know what my ticker says here, it's been that long since I've really been here to chat with anyone.
    I was upset with everything today, I feel like a failure... BUT .. I am happy with myself that I made the call and that I am NOT NOT NOT going to be back where I was. I did NOT go through all of that just to gain it all back again... NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOO!

Did my stomach stretch out? or am I just eating stupid stuff? I don't think I do eat that much.. NOTHING like I did before... so why am I gaining? did my body adjust to minimal calories and now I CAN"T eat like a 'normal' person?

I also had to go shopping today for clothes. Last time I really did, I was still losing, and most of the thigns I bought were because I WAS still losing. Today was not good. I had to buy size 16 pants. .... I WAS in a 14.. and I DID have 2 pair of size 12 jeans. the sweaters were XL... I was in large.

THAT was depressing,, but I have to go to a meeting tomorrow with Corp peeps, so jeans just won't work.

YES I know that I used to have to go buy a 22/24 and settle for whatever there was that I could get into without looking like a sausage... and YES I do weigh less than I did a few years ago... BUT .. I DO NOT want to ever be there again. I don't want to be a size 6.. (the skin would just be UGLLY) but I want to be back to that 12...I am scared to death of gaining it all back!!

ANd I can't believe I just spilled my guts here. I am however THRILLED that this was a thread that was right there for me to read when I finally decided to come back here for support.
    This was the best place to be when I was prepping for and had the surgery.

Thanks for being here everone and for your honesty.

Name
    Shirley
    Surgery date
    07/13/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Terry Scarborough
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 290 Times

Quote Originally Posted by short sleeve View Post
    Shirley you replied to one of my posts and shared that you too had a yorkie. You mentioned that your yorkie is overweight, I would like to hear that both you and your pet are enjoying long, leisurely walks, enjoying each others company and getting healthy together. Getting out and doing something to improve both of your lives will certainly improve your health and your outlook. Best of luck to you both, my thoughts and prayers are with you. You can do this!!!

We sure are Karie and my husband even started going too. It's just me and him and our little Jazzi...we had gone camping and she was breathing so horribly, it scared me...so she and I have both cut back on our food and we walk every day up and down our street. The vet told me she would slow way down or even stop when she couldn't go any more. I watch her so carefully...she is the love of my life and my husbands too...we are just nuts over her. Thank you for responding..and most of all for the prayers...we need them! Love Shirley :-)

Name
    Shirley
    Surgery date
    07/13/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Terry Scarborough
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 290 Times

Quote Originally Posted by 1happyloser2b View Post
    You have not failed!!! You can do it just refocus!!! Restart!! There is no set time to finish or reach your goal, it is not too late!!! You have done well you are just off track right now!! . God Bless!! 🙏
    Thank you happy loser....I'm doing much better...the weight is coming back off again...I'm re learning how to use the tool...thank you so much for your support...sorry it's taken so long to respond....

Name
    Shirley
    Surgery date
    07/13/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Terry Scarborough
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 290 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Theresa View Post
    I sooo needed this whole thread!!
    I stopped losing over a year ago. Then, I started gaining.
    I didn't really exercise but I walked and moved a lot more than I did before.
    I don't eat a ton. I don't fantasize about food, I don't crave donuts or cheeseburgers or crap like that...
    I made tacos for dinner tonight. I only ate one. that's all I can really eat at a time.
    BUT ... i LOVE LOVE LOVE smart foods white cheddar popcorn.
    For the past 30 years I rarely drank any liquor, but for the past 15 months I have at least one or 2 a day (and sometimes more)... I stopped the Baileys Irish cream.. too many calories and carbs. I stopped the Three Olives Triple Shot Espresso Vodka (i make iced lattes with that) I still have my vodka, but it's with the 5 calorie cranberry juice or v8.
    I have started going to the gym 3 days a week for an hour or so. I work with weights, I can do 35 minutes on the eliptical.
    I have gained 30 lbs back in the past 15 months.
    I made a call today to the bariatric surgeons' office. I have an appt for thursday. WHat the hell is wrong with me?

I don't even know what my ticker says here, it's been that long since I've really been here to chat with anyone.
    I was upset with everything today, I feel like a failure... BUT .. I am happy with myself that I made the call and that I am NOT NOT NOT going to be back where I was. I did NOT go through all of that just to gain it all back again... NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOO!

Did my stomach stretch out? or am I just eating stupid stuff? I don't think I do eat that much.. NOTHING like I did before... so why am I gaining? did my body adjust to minimal calories and now I CAN"T eat like a 'normal' person?

I also had to go shopping today for clothes. Last time I really did, I was still losing, and most of the thigns I bought were because I WAS still losing. Today was not good. I had to buy size 16 pants. .... I WAS in a 14.. and I DID have 2 pair of size 12 jeans. the sweaters were XL... I was in large.

THAT was depressing,, but I have to go to a meeting tomorrow with Corp peeps, so jeans just won't work.

YES I know that I used to have to go buy a 22/24 and settle for whatever there was that I could get into without looking like a sausage... and YES I do weigh less than I did a few years ago... BUT .. I DO NOT want to ever be there again. I don't want to be a size 6.. (the skin would just be UGLLY) but I want to be back to that 12...I am scared to death of gaining it all back!!

ANd I can't believe I just spilled my guts here. I am however THRILLED that this was a thread that was right there for me to read when I finally decided to come back here for support.
    This was the best place to be when I was prepping for and had the surgery.

Thanks for being here everone and for your honesty.
    I know exactly how you feel and it took me a very long time to say something. I too felt like a failure...but as you can see on here...you and I have folks like Hev and Karie and the others...to care about us...we are not alone!!! Write anytime....I was so depressed I had stopped even looking at the forum....I felt too ashamed and embarrassed to look. Plus I was so jealous of the other folks losing weight and I was gaining! Terrible huh? But God made our bodies so wonderful, we can help them get back on track!! Lets do this together....hugs.....

Name
    Shirley
    Surgery date
    07/13/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Terry Scarborough
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 290 Times

[QUOTE=Hev;366882]Sorry I am not praying for you that's not going to help get you moving!!!
    But doesn't mean I don't care about you on the contrary .. What you need is a rocket from behind and let me be your rocket!
    Hey! Listen you went through all that hard work and pain to get where you are a size 16 and that's brilliant! You look great!
    But you need to get with it and Get moving! I too hate exercise in fact I wrecked my knee doing some Jillian Michaels exercise so
    I don't feel like moving but I need to!
    How about I encourage you to do some walking and I will too...??? I need someone to encourage me ..
    So you get moving and I will too.. And we can compare notes... Don't give up !!!!!! You need to get with it!!!
    30 minutes a day starting tomorrow???? What do you say???
    Hev[/QUOTE

Yeaaaaaaaaaaa Hev you are my hero!!! I'm going to do it!!! I'm getting out the old treadmill and gonna actually use it!!! 30 mins a day....I'm with ya...then I got to walk my little pooch Hazzi!!! LOL

Name
    Shirley
    Surgery date
    07/13/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Terry Scarborough
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 290 Times

Oops...Jazzi...not Hazzi....LOL

Name
    Linda
    Surgery date
    09/26/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Lopez/Osuna Mexico
    Last Activity
    03-25-2020 08:20 AM
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 84 Times
    Blog Entries

Your a beautiful lady Shirley, you can do it, for you, your husband and your little Jazzie, if not to look and feel better, for your health and longevity!! I wish you much success on this journey.
    Surgery day weight 9/26/12 187lbs, 10/26 167lbs 18" lost, 11/26 160 lbs 24" lost, 12/26 151 35" gone, 1/26/13 145.6lbs 41.5" lost, 2/26 140 lbs. 6.5" lost, reached goal weight 10 months out , 66 lbs and 62 total inches gone!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods