Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Gastric Sleeve Member LagunaLucy's Avatar
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Was Thanked 48 Times in 44 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 982 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 2 Years out, and not there yet...HELP

just throwing this out there but have you thought about a 'FitBit'?

The intellect has little to do with the road to discovery. There comes a leap of consciousness, call it intuition or what you will, and the solution comes to you and you don't know why or how.

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member incredibleshrnkngshirly's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Shirley
    Surgery date
    07/13/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Terry Scarborough
    Last Activity
    10-18-2015 10:26 AM
    Said "Thanks" 290 Times
    Was Thanked 99 Times in 82 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2,398 Times

Quote Originally Posted by LagunaLucy View Post
    just throwing this out there but have you thought about a 'FitBit'?
    Interesting...what is that?

Name
    Shirley
    Surgery date
    07/13/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Terry Scarborough
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 290 Times

Quote Originally Posted by incredibleshrnkngshirly View Post
    Interesting...what is that?
    Ah, looked it up...that thing looks neat!

Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Blog Entries

It's a great motivator. A friend's sister who is diabetic, type 2, had one and has shed 30 lbs without surgery. I was impressed.

The intellect has little to do with the road to discovery. There comes a leap of consciousness, call it intuition or what you will, and the solution comes to you and you don't know why or how.

Name
    Holly
    Surgery date
    06/06/2012
    Surgeon
    Cuningham
    Said "Thanks" 97 Times
    Was Thanked 96 Times in 94 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 260 Times

Try finding a walking buddie someone that needs this walk too, hold each other acct. it will help

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member erinspice's Avatar
    Name
    Erin
    Surgery date
    08/01/2011
    Surgeon
    Trace Curry
    Last Activity
    07-16-2019 06:39 PM
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times
    Was Thanked 26 Times in 23 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 13 Times

Oooh, my husband just got a FitBit and LOVES it. As soon as we have the money to get another one (or enough points in our insurance account) I am getting one. It is a WONDERFUL motivator for my husband. He is a goal-oriented person, loves games and loves beating the game, so a fitbit plays in to that perfectly. He is more motivated to eat better too and has already lost 17 pounds in less than three months. It took me 2 years of super strict dieting to lose that, the jerk. JK, I am very proud of him, his body just actually works when he does the right things.

Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Blog Entries

I am really green at this and have only been researching a little over a week but I just read on another website that at 2 years post op, you are only supposed to reach 76% of your goal.

Name
    Shirley
    Surgery date
    07/13/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Terry Scarborough
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 290 Times

Oh I know what you mean Erin, my husband has lost over sixty pounds and did it without surgery. He is so kind, he never said a word to me about my weight. Even at my heaviest or when I had to use a bi-pap machine just to breathe at night. He encourages me by telling me good job when the scale goes down. He said he would walk with me. I don't know how long that will last though because he has Restless leg syndrome and it seems to hurt more when he walks too much. Had a couple of friends say they would go with me....but nobody came :-(. I guess this is something I have to do alone. I'm feeling better about myself though.

Name
    Shirley
    Surgery date
    07/13/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Terry Scarborough
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 290 Times

Quote Originally Posted by LagunaLucy View Post
    I am really green at this and have only been researching a little over a week but I just read on another website that at 2 years post op, you are only supposed to reach 76% of your goal.
    Really? I wish I knew what I was suppose to weigh...but I'm sure it's less than what I do! I was aiming at 165.....

Gastric Sleeve Member christine53's Avatar
    Surgery date
    03/15/2013
    Surgeon
    Alejandro Lopez
    Last Activity
    03-01-2015 10:24 PM
    Said "Thanks" 84 Times
    Was Thanked 229 Times in 213 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 162 Times
    Blog Entries

what do you weight? I think your ticker disappared

Name
    Jill
    Surgery date
    10/22/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Oliak
    Said "Thanks" 145 Times
    Was Thanked 569 Times in 561 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 195 Times

Quote Originally Posted by christine53 View Post
    To start with you have not failed! You have lost 80 freaking unbelieveable pounds. You know how many people would give the cat away to do that. You are going through a huge stange in your life and it has caught up with you. What would happen if you woke up and were a size 14 ? The world you live in would not stop but you sure as heck would fit better in it! You got this girl !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now go take a walk and talk to the birds
    Ok I would not give away the cat, teenage son, yes, cat no!!! LOL

Start weight: 286 (8/28/12)
    Pre-op weight: 272 (10/22/12)
    Goal to weigh what my drivers license says: 225 (3/9/13)
    First goal weight: 199 (7/20/13)
    Second goal weight: 186 - 100 lbs lost ( )
    Third goal weight: 175 ( )
    Fourth goal weight: 150 ( )
    Final goal weight: remains to be seen

Name
    Jill
    Surgery date
    10/22/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Oliak
    Said "Thanks" 145 Times
    Was Thanked 569 Times in 561 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 195 Times

Shirley, pick yourself up, you got this. YOU GOT THIS. I am by no means an expert but I will tell you what works for me, may or may not help you. I track what I eat and drink (vitamins too) on myfitnesspal. Really helps to see it in writing. If I eat junk, I track that too.

Somehow they need to figure out how to do a sleeve on our brains. I still wrestle w/the same demons (stress and boredom eating) and have to really be aware of what I'm doing. I have certanly given into it and tell myself the next day that its a new day and I will get thru this.

I know you dont care for exercise and believe you me, I get it. I was never fond of exercising but I think for me it was because I was the FAT girl and everyone knew it (of course). But when I had this surgery, I knew this was it. I started attending classes at my gym. I'm still the fat girl, but I dont care, and neither does anyone else. You have to find something you like tho. I can't stand treadmill, bores me to no end, classes with others I love. So find something that you like that you will keep doing. There are lots of DVDs out there, maybe start w/one of those at home? I think exercise is really necessary on this journey and it makes you feel better in so many other ways as well. And trust me, last year I would have never said that (while sittting on the couch w/a bag of potato chips).

You can do this

Start weight: 286 (8/28/12)
    Pre-op weight: 272 (10/22/12)
    Goal to weigh what my drivers license says: 225 (3/9/13)
    First goal weight: 199 (7/20/13)
    Second goal weight: 186 - 100 lbs lost ( )
    Third goal weight: 175 ( )
    Fourth goal weight: 150 ( )
    Final goal weight: remains to be seen

Name
    Shirley
    Surgery date
    07/13/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Terry Scarborough
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 290 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Its_Me View Post
    Shirley, pick yourself up, you got this. YOU GOT THIS. I am by no means an expert but I will tell you what works for me, may or may not help you. I track what I eat and drink (vitamins too) on myfitnesspal. Really helps to see it in writing. If I eat junk, I track that too.

Somehow they need to figure out how to do a sleeve on our brains. I still wrestle w/the same demons (stress and boredom eating) and have to really be aware of what I'm doing. I have certanly given into it and tell myself the next day that its a new day and I will get thru this.

I know you dont care for exercise and believe you me, I get it. I was never fond of exercising but I think for me it was because I was the FAT girl and everyone knew it (of course). But when I had this surgery, I knew this was it. I started attending classes at my gym. I'm still the fat girl, but I dont care, and neither does anyone else. You have to find something you like tho. I can't stand treadmill, bores me to no end, classes with others I love. So find something that you like that you will keep doing. There are lots of DVDs out there, maybe start w/one of those at home? I think exercise is really necessary on this journey and it makes you feel better in so many other ways as well. And trust me, last year I would have never said that (while sittting on the couch w/a bag of potato chips).

You can do this
    Thank you so much Jill, you don't look like the fat girl to me. You are such a pretty lady with a brilliant smile!
    I've been going outside and pulling weeds in the flower beds and garden. I figure it's a start. I know that walking is going to be my thing. I just have to do it alone and get used to it. I feel depression settling in, I've had it so much I know what it feels like. I've been trying to recognize patterns in my eating and I've found a couple. I'm changing what I do in those instances. This is truly hard but I believe I can do it. I'm so grateful for all the feed back and advice.

Name
    Shaah
    Surgery date
    01/04/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Sadek
    Last Activity
    04-13-2014 09:26 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 10 Times

i will keep you in my prayers. i feel your disappointment. i am over a year and i am not at goal. the scale just stays the same. i did just go back to my trainer but when im with her i dont lose pounds just inches. due to personal issues on her end i am left to train myself and keep up the work. i dont exercise everyday but i get in at least 2 days a week for a half hr. do i hate working out? hell yeah, some days i HATE it, but i know that i NEED it to keep the weight down or to help it to go away. i have days i slip up and eat more than i should, im getting laxed in watching my calorie intake, but i have to check myself and say hey being laxed is how i got as big as i was. my wife is almost 5 months out and she has been slipping with the junk food but yesterday i sent her a pic of us before the surgery. she immediately went home and started exercising for over an hr. that pic is our motivation to never go back to that life. you can do this Shirly!!! and you look amazing by the way

Gastric Sleeve Member glaciereux's Avatar
    Surgery date
    12/27/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Melvin Look
    Last Activity
    07-04-2013 01:02 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

I am exactly on the same boat as you, I don't even bother updating my ticker because I am back to my pre-op weight now 1yr 7 months after op. If it helps, I am also the laziest piggy in the world that refuse to exercise so I am resorting to the Fat Flush Water and trying to watch my diet a little and drinking no-sugar soy milk with banana for breakfast to drop the inches on the belly. (I only started the soy milk today, but I watched a Taiwanese health TV program & it said research has proven soy milk does not drop weight but helps drop inches.) (As for the FFW, many people on the Get the Weight Down Facebook Group tried it and showed results & I personally felt it made sure I did not gain any more despite my horrific binges the period of time I was drinking it.

Hope it helps.
    Anyway, I am re-reading the book The Secret, and it said to have positive mindset and be joyful belief in what we want (something along that lines) so think of it that way... the stomach is a living tissue... so if we start eating lesser again like pre-op... wouldn't our stomach shrink back to like just after op... maybe. just maybe...