Last Activity
    03-25-2014 11:53 AM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 47 Times
    Blog Entries

Default My SUrgical Experience / Day 4 Post Op

ON THE SLEEVED SIDE!!! YAY!

Arrived to the hospital Mon Morning and was hysterical, full of emotions, and the anesthesiologist said he would give me something to relax in preop holding. They started my IV and the next thing i remember was being wheeled into the OR ( barely remember) and then waking up in my room (i dont remember being "put out", saying goodbye to my hubby , or the recovery room)

In recovery my mom /fam informed me that the dr also repaired a very small hernia, he said there very common most ppl have them and dont know but it may have caused reflux( i think that's what he said) issues, so he fixed it.

I got up as soon as i could and started walked, and didn't stop ( still doing laps round the house). BOY does it help, you can ACTUALLY FEEL the walking helpings with the gases.

Day 2 in the Hospital, got my XRAYS and drank that drink(YUCK) got cleared for cleared liquids, but couldn't stomach and fluids after the Barium i drank, I was still on the IV so i just sipped very small amts of water. I keep up on my anti nauseous meds, even if i wasn't feelign it b/c i didn't want to get to the point i felt it, i also hear that if you get a hernia repaired the nauseous is a little worse ( per the nurses)

NIGHT 2 - Buyers remorse. I have to admit i felt like "WTH did i just do" on night 2. I think just b/c my pain / soreness and that fact your hooked up to IV and not sleeping etc. It lasted maybe 15 mins, got up walked, and felt better, the feeling has not returned

Day 3 - Release day? Was supposed to get my drain out and released in the AM, fast forward to 8pm and we were still waiting on the DR to come. eventually got released and had my first night at home last night. Pain / soreness has increased but i think its b/c of the difference in positional sleeping.

__________________________________________________ _

Overall Tips / Gripes to vent:

- WALK WALK WALK, i know everyone says this but i cannot emphasize this enough. I felt bad waking up my hubby or calling the nurses to disconnect me from the machines, but - HEY - im the patient!
    - Nurses were GREAT, but hospital SUCKED. So WHAT hospitals has constructions(jack hammering) going on ALL DAY on the floor right above a POST OP FLOOR? My hospital. It got so bad the nurses were handing out earplugs, seriously????
    - Nurses will be you best allie- be nice and patient with them as they are with you. Maybe i say this b/c i was in the med field, but the saying holds true. You catch more bees with honey than you do with vinegar. My last day there the nurses were working so hard in getting me discharged, to avoid another night in the hospital. She even stayed past shift change to do my reports to avoid delays.
    - OK here is a gripe - i put my religious background on my forms but i advised i DID NOT WANT anyone coming from the chapel, or anywhere. ppl came to my room 3 different occasions. WTH. I will be complaining to the hospital about this b/c this really aggravated me ( along with the construction) Don't share my info with anyone, ESP after i have told you NO I DO NOT WANT THIS. This, the constructions, the nurses waking me up to take vitals... LOL it was all too much for my nerves.

__________________________________________________ _____
    To sum it up, feeling OK today, tomorrow will be better and the day after that will be better and so on. I am very happy i did this and took control of my life. Thanks for all the support!

PM me if you have an questions

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member inarakatra's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    10/28/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Colleen Kennedy
    Last Activity
    10-28-2014 08:42 AM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 31 Times in 31 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 80 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: My SUrgical Experience / Day 4 Post Op

Thanks for the detail. I like hearing how surgeries goes, but some ppl just say that it went good. Loved the detail. I will keep in mind the walking for when I have my surgery.

Gastric Sleeve Member Harley Granny's Avatar
    Name
    Sue
    Surgery date
    05/29/2013
    Surgeon
    Jawad
    Last Activity
    01-13-2014 09:05 AM
    Said "Thanks" 97 Times
    Was Thanked 324 Times in 312 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 607 Times
    Blog Entries

Thanks for checking in.....I too like the good, bad and the ugly!

Glad it's getting better for you.

Gastric Sleeve Member cbridges1962's Avatar
    Surgery date
    05/08/2013
    Surgeon
    Ata Ahmad
    Last Activity
    02-06-2017 03:40 PM
    Said "Thanks" 180 Times
    Was Thanked 41 Times in 35 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2,844 Times
    Blog Entries

I can't tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time to tell your story. I was scheduled 05.01.13 but my doc's office called and said my doc had a death in the family and I am now scheduled for 05.08.13. Oh well, maybe it's for the best.

Take care I hope you have a smooth recovery.

324** 01.01.13 HIGHEST WEIGHT
    312** 04.01.13 DAY OF PRE-OP
    285**05.08.13 DAY OF SURGERY
    266**06.05.13 MONTH 1
    247**07.08.13 MONTH 2
    239**08.08.13 MONTH 3 TTL LOSS 85
    234**09.08.13 MONTH 4 TTL LOSS 90
    229***10.08.13 MONTH 5 TTL LOSS 95
    231***11.08.13 MONTH 6
    234.5***12.12.13 MONTH 7 (RESTARTING LOW CARB LIFESTYLE)
    ***myfitnesspal.com name: cindy_324_160***