Dr. Chris Hart
    Last Activity
    07-30-2015 07:10 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Low BMI but desperately seeking surgery

My bmi is 36.7 and I am going in for surgery march 11 100% paid by my insurance. My preop is Monday I will keep yall posted

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    03/11/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Chris Hart
    Last Activity
    07-30-2015 07:10 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries

Oops my bmi on this dang phone is 36.7

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    05/18/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Carlos Velazquez
    Last Activity
    08-06-2018 10:38 PM
    Said "Thanks" 5 Times
    Was Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsgirl View Post
    Thank you all for your kind and well intentioned words. A few comments: I'm looking to lose 35 lbs, not 20, but in order to qualify for the surgery, I have to GAIN 20 which I would rather avoid. I did research the balloon, it is temporary and I am looking for a permanent solution. If I thought the gym, or meeting with my Dr. and devising a diet would work THIS time, I would do it in a second. I've done everything short of surgery, and just cannot stay motivated. I do not want to spend the next 40 years being unhappy with my chubby self in a skinny world. I will gain the 20 if I have to in order to reach my goal weight of 125 post surgery. It just seems silly to do that when the end result will be the same. Why is it MORE dangerous for me at 160 than if I were 180?
    Thank you for posting this. I am in the same boat. How do you feel now. I think you had the gastric sleeve. Was it worth it? My BMI is 29.3 and I am scheduled to have the surgery May 18th. I was afraid to post here because I don't want to hear how I'm not appropriate for this. I have struggled for years and have watched my mom go up and down in her weight. I hope I am making the right choice.

5. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Intheairgirl's Avatar
    Name
    Leslie
    Surgery date
    04/13/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr Sergio Quinones
    Last Activity
    03-27-2018 06:44 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

I am scheduled to have surgery with Dr Sergio Quinones on April 13th. I have a "low" BMI aa well. My weight has been 140 to 180. I am 5' 10". I hired a dietician for 4-5 months. I have hired personal trainers. I have done it. I just can't make it work/keep it off.
    I want to lose 40 pounds. I would never tell anyone struggling with their weight to just work out or eat better. You don't know their struggles. Just try to be supportive and offer advice on how to get through it.
    I don't think $4,500 is too much money to spend to avert a yo yo disaster for life or the possibility of obesity. My mother's side of the family suffers from obesity. I want to nip this in the bud before it gets out of control any further. Bravo to anyone willing to tackle this head on and seek support.
    Hugs and support to you Tomsgirl.

7. Said thanks:

Banned
    Surgery date
    02/11/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr.Sergio Quinones
    Last Activity
    03-30-2016 04:51 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 72 Times in 50 Posts

Thank you Christy!
    I also had surgery with Dr,Quinones and I feel the same way as cristy this you life nobody can tell you what you can and can not do,not to be offensive to anybody but like cristy said some one telling you,you can die that is low. Although we do need to know the risk but complications can happen to any one not just some one with a low B.M.I. I think if you think this is what you need you are probable right know one can know what you really struggle with. I would look into it. My Dr is wonderful a real perfectness in what he does. And takes care of his patients so very well. Good luck and keep in touch on your discussion.

9. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Banned
    Surgery date
    02/11/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr.Sergio Quinones
    Last Activity
    03-30-2016 04:51 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 72 Times in 50 Posts

Thank you all for your kind and well intentioned words. A few comments: I'm looking to lose 35 lbs, not 20, but in order to qualify for the surgery, I have to GAIN 20 which I would rather avoid. I did research the balloon, it is temporary and I am looking for a permanent solution. If I thought the gym, or meeting with my Dr. and devising a diet would work THIS time, I would do it in a second. I've done everything short of surgery, and just cannot stay motivated. I do not want to spend the next 40 years being unhappy with my chubby self in a skinny world. I will gain the 20 if I have to in order to reach my goal weight of 125 post surgery. It just seems silly to do that when the end result will be the same. Why is it MORE dangerous for me at 160 than if I were 180?
    I also agree with cristy this is you life and know one can tell you what to do I had wrote you a post I just do not know were it went. Know one can really know what you are going through but you. Nobody lives you life and do not know what you struggle with on a dad to day bases. I say do what you think is best for you. And for the people to say you might die that is low. People here are to support us not put us down in any way at all. I am sorry that you have had no welcoming beside cristy so WELCOME to the forums. I also had surgery with Dr. Quinones he is AWESOME. And I would recommend him to any one and I do recommend him to every body I can. Good lukh and let me know what you decide to do.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345