Surgeon
    Dr. Atkinson
    Last Activity
    08-03-2014 04:29 AM
    Said "Thanks" 112 Times
    Was Thanked 33 Times in 25 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5 Times

Default Re: I'm 7 days out of Gastric Sleeve

The unflavored protein powder is easiest and cheapest on Amazon. If you buy Isopure you can use it in hot items as well as cold. Be warned though, unflavored does not mean flavorless, it still has a little flavor to it, but its pretty easy to mask it.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member krick1982's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Kristi
    Surgery date
    03/26/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Terry Scarborough
    Last Activity
    03-26-2014 10:32 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

I am 9 days post-op and according to my doctor I was supposed to be on full liquids for 2 weeks. I was having trouble getting the protein shakes down, just couldn't stand the taste anymore. I was hungry! Yesterday I started some mashed potatoes. It was soooo good. Everything went well, so today i tried the refried beans. So far so good. I still try the get in enough liquids. Good luck with whatever decision you make.

Gastric Sleeve Member MiMiCeeBee's Avatar
    Name
    Cher
    Surgery date
    03/27/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ceppa
    Last Activity
    04-18-2014 04:18 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

I am 9 days post op. Here are my docs recommendations: Day 1 (surgery) and Day 2 clear liquids (water, Crystal Light, SF Koolaid, decaf coffee/tea, low fat broth, diet Jello) . I was in the hospital both days. Days 3-9 full fluids (skim milk, blended fat free soups, thin cream of wheat or rice, SFFF ice cream, plus protein shakes). Days 10-17 pureed foods (baby foods stage 1-2, whipped potatoes, SF puddings, pureed vegetables, pureed bananas and seedless fruits, pureed tuna, poultry, veal, pork, beef, pureed eggs including scrambled). Days 18-31 soft solid foods ( low-fat cheese, finely ground meats, flaked fish, eggs, canned tuna, no-skin baked potato, oatmeal, squash, whole grain pasta, whole wheat crackers, whole wheat toast, low-sugar cereal, cooked vegetables, canned fruits in water ).Finally unrestricted textures if no problems with soft solids after 4 weeks. I have kept pretty close to this diet, but a couple days ago I was beginning to feel week so i tried a few soft mashed potato and also SF pudding. And I mean like no more than a teaspoon. I am using Boost protein drinks and a blend a sugar-free Fudgecicle with it and it tastes better,. I find I fill up really fast even on liquids. Tomorrow I can officially start the pureed stuff so hopefully it will taste better and be more satisfying. My post op is next Thurs. which is 2 weeks out. I am down to 202 starting at 214 4 days pre-op which is now a total of 12 pounds in 13 days. I guess this is normal. I have hardly had any pain the past several days and the incisions are starting to itch. I tire easily and miss Zumba Gold and Aquarobics. I have been out a few times, starting Easter Saturday. Today was the longest I was our, a couple hours. Also, I had a band removal along with a hiatal hernia, but I have had 3 sections so abdominal surgery like this doesn't really bother me. Oh and before I had those 3 kids I wore a 7 JP! I wonder if...no....but I'll be happy to wear a women's 14 again. : )

Gastric Sleeve Member colloquial's Avatar
    Name
    Denise
    Surgery date
    03/18/2013
    Surgeon
    Raymond Georgen
    Last Activity
    10-19-2016 12:02 PM
    Said "Thanks" 24 Times
    Was Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 33 Times

I was full liquid the first week out, protein drinks and greek yogurt (minus the fruit bits) the second week, and now I'm on soft/pureed protein (for two weeks). Small curd cottage cheese goes down easiest, and I add some taco sauce for seasoning. I had some lentil soup for dinner tonight. That went down a little harder, but I feel fine now and it tasted pretty darn good. I've also been doing the refried beans thinned down with taco sauce (0 cal/0 carb sauce). Egg beaters good in the microwave was good as well. So far, so good. Pureed meats were on my list as well, but ham gruel just doesn't sound all that appealing, ya know?!

Surgery weight (3/18/13) - 249
    Onederland! (7/5/2013)

Surgery date
    03/26/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Baker
    Last Activity
    05-10-2013 04:47 PM
    Said "Thanks" 23 Times
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

I am ready for some Pureed! NEVER thought I would say that. I had my surg on 3/26 and have to wait 2 weeks also. I find myself drooling over some of the receipes on here! I have been tempted to cheat...But it is just that CHEAT! I am not going to do that to myself. Hang tough!

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Suzy
    Surgery date
    03/28/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Michael Feiz
    Last Activity
    08-07-2013 12:55 AM
    Said "Thanks" 41 Times
    Was Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Went to Doctor today for 1 week post op and was given the ok to go from clear liquids to anything as long as you can't chew. So cream of wheat, creamy peanut butter and soft cheese. In fact he insisted I try soft cheese to help bind me up a bit. As soon as I got home I had 1 1/4 cup cream of wheat with a bit of lactose free milk. It took me 15 minutes to eat it and than WHAM... I got nauseated and dry heaved. I don't think it was what I ate but that I ate a lot rather quickly. I never got the full feeling till the last spoonful. So, the light bulb went off and I think what I will do is divide it into 2 meals and eat slower. My Doc also suggested I go to Jamba Juice and add protein powder. He wants me to eat fruits at the end of the day, says fruit works better later in the day. But and this is a huge but, I learned my leason today and will stick to my protein drinks (at 30Grams per serving) for breakfast and than treat myself at lunch with cream of wheat or soup or a spoonful of peanut butter or the all important to get rid of diareha...soft cheese and than a smoothie for dinner. I have to realize that just because I was given the ok to "eat" what I want doesn't mean I have to. My self paid new tool and my brain need to work as a team. It's time I grew up and began to make smart choices. Hmmm, it only took me 50 years to get here. YAY!!!

Surgery date
    02/11/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Dennis Lewis
    Said "Thanks" 10 Times
    Was Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 29 Times

I was sleeved 2/11 and I still have restrictions. It was hard when I saw people eating heavier foods and I was still on liquids (especially since I'm not a fan of sweets and like salty things - and just about everything I was allowed in the early days was sweet!). I wanted so badly to have what I saw other people on here having - and even now, I can't have red meat until 6/11 and at almost 2 months post-surgery I see tons of people here eating more than I was allowed.

But here's the thing. The only times post-surgery I've puked is when I've had something with potatoes in it (I can't tolerate them anymore). That extra time on liquids, purees, soft foods, etc. really helped me to know when I'm actually full so that I stop before eating too much. I do not agree with everything the dietician at my doctor's office says (110 net carbs a day post-bariatric surgery?? - that's way too much!) but I decided going into the surgery that I would not exceed the restrictions until they are lifted. It's easy to say "well this is okay" and "this is okay" and then find myself eating things I shouldn't. Mindful eating is the most important, but staying within the guidelines is also - at least for me - an important part of breaking the food cycles that led to my sleeve surgery.

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right." Henry Ford.

Surgery date
    06/05/2014
    Surgeon
    Robert Marvin
    Last Activity
    11-04-2017 09:45 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 8 Times
    Blog Entries

My doctor told me - week one, clear liquids, week two thru four, pureed foods. I'm on day 7 and I have already cheated a bit, due to being sick of soups and shakes (can't stand them). I had malt-o-meal this morning and two spoons of cottage cheese yesterday. He even told me I could have finely ground beef on week two, as long as I can mash it with a fork. I had no pre-op diet either, just nothing to eat or drink after midnight.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    06/11/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mandelbaum
    Last Activity
    11-30-2014 09:49 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

I was sleeved on June 11 and I was given mashed potatoes in the hospital

Name
    Nakeshia Williams
    Surgery date
    03/17/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. F. Ayoola
    Last Activity
    12-31-2015 10:26 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 71 Times in 67 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3,035 Times
    Blog Entries

Each dr is different. My doctor had me do no pre-op, Day 1-2 was liquid, day 3-7 was full liquids, day 8-28 was soft foods and I started my regular diet after that. It depends on your dr and nutritionist.

8 month goal- 185 lbs (Conquered 11.5.2014, 12 days before I hit 8 months)
    12 month goal-175 lbs (Conquered 3.5.2014, 12 days before I hit 12 months)
    Final goal- 170 lbs. (2 lbs to this goal)

103 lbs lost... I ROCK!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12