DR Zane
    Last Activity
    07-13-2011 05:08 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5 Times
    Blog Entries

Cool Food? Drug?

Hello sleevrs! just woke up, i laid in my bed thinking for about an hour. thinking of my past history, thinking of my past drug abuse on Ectacy and Meth. i first tried cocaine at the age of 9 in my home country Medellin Colombia. i would always catch my uncle doing it, one day he was passed out drunk and he left a big fat line on the coffee table and i snored half of it. lol crazy huh? well i didn't know this was going to hurt it burned like crazy and i screamed, my uncle wakes up and he kicks me in the head as he was in the couch he gets up and grabs his belt buckle and starts beating me. my nose was bleeding from the cocaine and i was terrified. i saw the door open and i raned out as fast as possible and i ran and ran and ran and ran i don't think i stopped for about half of day. omg i can almost remember. first 10 min was just escaping then i lost him and then it was just like flying. lol i ketp going and going. i came back that night and my uncle was there passed out drunk. he didnt even say a thing the next day. sad huh? kind of relieved. i came to USA when i was 12 to meet my mom for the first time. never touched drugs again untill i was 16.my step dad kicked me out at 17 because we didn't get along, i took most of moms time and he didn't get much time with her because she was trying ti make up for the 11 years she wasn't there. he was a jealous man. my mom allowed it and ever since Ive been on my own. I stopped drugs at 21 years of age. since then that's when i weight started. i leg go of a drug for another one called FOOD. there was really no one there to stop me or tell me not to over eat. i was always just trying to forget my past. repressing it with food, and smoking cigs. i quit smoking Dec 25th 2010 and I've never felt better. i broke up with my girlfriend cus i felt she was the reason why i still smoked. she didn't want to quit and i was too weak to stop she smokes like 2 packs a day. so i had to cut her out of the picture. Don't worry she was just temp anyway and she was going back to japan soon. any way i have to wrap it up im late for tennis. trying to burn some calories. so to make an end too this when i was in bed i was thinking, if food was a drug to me. then i don't want to like food anymore. since i started this liquid diet I'm really okay with it. i don't miss it at all i just want to have to pain in my belly go away. ill just have a shake or blended vegetable juice or broth and im full. can i just live like this people? is this bad? just eat soups, protein and vitamins to keep me full. am i crazy? just like i left everything else. I only seem to date Japanese woman and all they eat is soups and dumplings and steam rice. can i just stop eating food and stick to the juice, broth, protein and vitamins? or is this impossible. i don't want to like food anymore.
    thank you for letting me share a little about me here. Any questions or comments are really appreciated.

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Kay
    Surgery date
    09/01/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr.Almanza
    Last Activity
    12-26-2012 03:24 PM
    Said "Thanks" 135 Times
    Was Thanked 86 Times in 75 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 79 Times

Default Re: Food? Drug?

wow.. a really amazing story. thanks for sharing with us. I agree with you that food to me also was an addiction. I too have experimented with extracurricular activities but the phase came and went. the only thing that stayed the same was- my love for food! I see that your surgery date is coming near! I'm sure you are super excited. it's so great that you aren't having any issues with your pre-op liquid fast.. I'm a bit worried about it and been eating whenever and however much i want ever since the confirmation of my surgery. (sept. 1). I wish you luck with everything and please keep us posted on your journey.

5. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member ssmith9994's Avatar
    Name
    serena
    Surgery date
    11/16/2009
    Surgeon
    wade barker,MD
    Last Activity
    09-12-2014 06:16 PM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 115 Times in 20 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5 Times
    Blog Entries

the feelings you are having are normal...im 2 years out and just got tired of all the nasty drinks. There are so many on the market now..you just have to find the one that appeals to you. Have you tried the O'Yea chocolate drinks? just remember...everything will be different now...your cravings will not be the same. The prep time before surgery is very important for your liver to shrink and for the docs to get to your tummy. Stay focused everyday on your goal. getting that weight off and starting a brand new person! I promise you are gonna be so happy with your decision to do this. Try some ramin noodle packets MINUS the noodles..haha..they are tasty too. GOOD LUCK!

Name
    Alli
    Surgery date
    07/27/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Walter Sartor
    Last Activity
    07-06-2013 04:57 PM
    Said "Thanks" 17 Times
    Was Thanked 108 Times in 74 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 221 Times

Hi, Junglesweed!

Man, I know exactly what you're talking about. From the ages of 17-19, I was as curious and head-strong as they come (bad combination). I wanted to try every experience in life, and that included drugs. I pretty much tried everything out there, with the exception of a few, and meth was a favorite. My dance with meth lasted about six months, but then I just walked away. There were two main things that caused it: a) I like nice things and spending all my money on drugs kept me from experiencing nice things and b) I got bored with my whole lifestyle and decided to go on to college.

I lucked out though, because a lot of those friends I was partying with ended up in rehab, jail, or both. I ended up not needing those illegal drugs though because what I had available was much better in my eyes..... Food. It was cheaper; it was legal; I could get it any time I wanted. I got more of a euphoria from eating a cupcake (or 3 or 5) than from anything else.

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten.