Brigitte
    Surgery date
    08/24/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Said "Thanks" 159 Times
    Was Thanked 400 Times in 330 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 140 Times

Default Re: Dr. Almanza? To good to be true?

Quote Originally Posted by pieganjane View Post
    sound of crickets
    I was actually asking you. You are the one making the claim that "many on it are his coordinators."

(bolding/underlining mine)
    Nov. 15/17 - re-sleeve, hiatal hernia repair, gallbladder removal with Dr. A. Lopez from AloBariatrics in Puerto Vallarta

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member pieganjane's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Jane S.
    Surgery date
    10/15/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Zuccala
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 41 Times in 35 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 19 Times

I do not know the answer to that. Yes the two ladies you mentioned are paid, and over the last few months there have been posts from a few others who represent different doctors. I'm sure if you scroll through the posts you will see them. The only way people will know who on this site is being paid for their recommendations is for those people to say something. I really do not care where anyone has their surgery or under what circumstances. The reason I posted the info about the site being promotional is that I find people in general to be naive about medical care, looking for the cheapest bargain or wasting money on the dopiest products because Dr. Oz or some other media personality like Suzanne Somers recommended it. I have my own opinions and my own prejudices regarding surgeons and hospitals. Prehaps I should keep them to myself in the future.

Name
    Jane S.
    Surgery date
    10/15/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Zuccala
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times

http://www.gastricsleeve.com/forum/b...us-doctor.html

Here is another coordinator, and if you read through the posts you will see I am not alone in not liking this hustle.

Name
    Jane S.
    Surgery date
    10/15/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Zuccala
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times

Name
    Jane S.
    Surgery date
    10/15/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Zuccala
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Jane S.
    Surgery date
    10/15/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Zuccala
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times

Name
    Jane S.
    Surgery date
    10/15/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Zuccala
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times

http://www.gastricsleeve.com/forum/b...e-surgery.html

another, and I am too bored to keep looking but if you type in coordinator on this site you can see them for yourselves.

Name
    Brigitte
    Surgery date
    08/24/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Said "Thanks" 159 Times

http://www.gastricsleeve.com/forum/b...e-surgery.html

another, and I am too bored to keep looking but if you type in coordinator on this site you can see them for yourselves.
    Again, I wasn't making the claim, you were. I still haven't seen any coordinators for Dr. Almanza, like *you* claimed.

I never disputed that there were coordinators here, but I am disputing that *many* reference, especially WRT Dr. Almanza. You are now trying to spin it and backpedal.

I will ask again, who are the *many* coordinators on this site that represent Dr. Almanza?
    Nov. 15/17 - re-sleeve, hiatal hernia repair, gallbladder removal with Dr. A. Lopez from AloBariatrics in Puerto Vallarta

Name
    Jane S.
    Surgery date
    10/15/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Zuccala
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times

Well now I suspect you are one of the people who get paid on this site."She doth protest too much" as Shakespere said. It doesn't matter if I named Dr. A's coordinators or not because anyone with one working eyeball can see his name and phone number and bargain price splashed all over this site.

Name
    Jane S.
    Surgery date
    10/15/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Zuccala
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times

Re: Advertising by Coordinators? In General?

Below is a quote from Dee posted not too long ago. If you are trying to get me or other readers convinced that Dr A. does not find many patients from referrels on this site, it won't fly.

"Which occaisional post are you referring to? There were a lot of posts by different people on that thread, some of which have been edited. I just want to be very clear on what you mean as this site has advertising by Almanza/Alvarez and at least 2 plastic surgery moderators plus "snake oil" people in the past selling lotions/creams designed to "shrink skin" which don't work." posted by Dee

Name
    Brigitte
    Surgery date
    08/24/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Said "Thanks" 159 Times

Well now I suspect you are one of the people who get paid on this site."She doth protest too much" as Shakespere said. It doesn't matter if I named Dr. A's coordinators or not because anyone with one working eyeball can see his name and phone number and bargain price splashed all over this site.
    Not likely and I expect you to retract that.

How about you admit you were wrong? Your backpedalling is outrageous.

Name
    Jane S.
    Surgery date
    10/15/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Zuccala
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times

"Moreover, particularly with respects to public forums such as newspaper letters to the editor, and Internet chat and news groups, the disinfo type has a very important role. In these forums, the principle topics of discussion are generally attempts by individuals to cause other persons to become interested in their own particular position, idea, or solution -- very much in development at the time. People often use such mediums as a sounding board and in hopes of pollination to better form their ideas. Where such ideas are critical of government or powerful, vested groups (especially if their criminality is the topic), the disinfo artist has yet another role -- the role of nipping it in the bud. They also seek to stage the concept, the presenter, and any supporters as less than credible should any possible future confrontation in more public forums result due to their early successes. You can often spot the disinfo types at work here by the unique application of "higher standards" of discussion than necessarily warranted. They will demand that those presenting arguments or concepts back everything up with the same level of expertise as a professor, researcher, or investigative writer. Anything less renders anydiscussion meaningless and unworthy in their opinion, and anyone who disagrees is obviously stupid -- and they generally put it in exactly those terms. .."

Thought you might be interested in this clip from an article on "disinformation" and lying. Basically the idea is that people who fudge the truth get hung up on one small point missing the big picture. For you to harp on the site having no obvious coordinators is ignoring the big picture that it is a PAID advertisment for doctor A. And silly me, I never noticed who YOUR surgeon was, my goodness Dr. A. who could have guessed. Look,many of us like or love our doctors but truly there must be a thousand raves about Dr. A. on this site..obviously there is an incentive to do so. I suspect it is like Tupperware that if you say something wonderful about the product and it turns into a new sale to a new customer, you get something off your next purchase.

Name
    Brigitte
    Surgery date
    08/24/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Said "Thanks" 159 Times

"Moreover, particularly with respects to public forums such as newspaper letters to the editor, and Internet chat and news groups, the disinfo type has a very important role. In these forums, the principle topics of discussion are generally attempts by individuals to cause other persons to become interested in their own particular position, idea, or solution -- very much in development at the time. People often use such mediums as a sounding board and in hopes of pollination to better form their ideas. Where such ideas are critical of government or powerful, vested groups (especially if their criminality is the topic), the disinfo artist has yet another role -- the role of nipping it in the bud. They also seek to stage the concept, the presenter, and any supporters as less than credible should any possible future confrontation in more public forums result due to their early successes. You can often spot the disinfo types at work here by the unique application of "higher standards" of discussion than necessarily warranted. They will demand that those presenting arguments or concepts back everything up with the same level of expertise as a professor, researcher, or investigative writer. Anything less renders anydiscussion meaningless and unworthy in their opinion, and anyone who disagrees is obviously stupid -- and they generally put it in exactly those terms. .."

Thought you might be interested in this clip from an article on "disinformation" and lying. Basically the idea is that people who fudge the truth get hung up on one small point missing the big picture. For you to harp on the site having no obvious coordinators is ignoring the big picture that it is a PAID advertisment for doctor A. And silly me, I never noticed who YOUR surgeon was, my goodness Dr. A. who could have guessed. Look,many of us like or love our doctors but truly there must be a thousand raves about Dr. A. on this site..obviously there is an incentive to do so. I suspect it is like Tupperware that if you say something wonderful about the product and it turns into a new sale to a new customer, you get something off your next purchase.
    Jane. Please read this VERY carefully.

Retract and desist from this accusation that I am a coordinator for Dr. Almanza.

This message from me is your last warning. I WILL escalate this, if necessary.

Name
    Jane S.
    Surgery date
    10/15/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Zuccala
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times

escalate away..am I supposed to be afraid of your wrath? I hate bullies and will not be threatened by whatever you plan to do because as you full well know there is nothing you can do. I am allowed to "suspect" anything I want to, and who the hell are you to stop my freedom of opinion with threats of some imaginary peoples gastric sleeve court of law. You are a joke, not a funny one, but a joke all the same.

Gastric Sleeve Member Dee Leshuz's Avatar
    Surgery date
    03/15/2012
    Said "Thanks" 77 Times
    Was Thanked 579 Times in 506 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 165 Times

If you're going to quote my words (p. 25 on this thread) please include the link where they came from, otherwise there is confusion because there is no context. Thank you.
    Starting weight: 255
    Pre-op weight: 228
    Surgery date: 3/14/2012

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast