07/30/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Michael Perez
    Last Activity
    10-17-2015 04:33 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: Seeking info from medicare approved gastric sleeve members.

Hi D..
    I figured the psyhe said you would be approved but even I worried!

I PM'd you but I don't have a contact list so you may not be able to PM me back. However, I left my email addy.

TTYL alese

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    07/30/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Michael Perez
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Hi Lizzy,

You are doing so well so far....Your going to be a whole New You in a very short time! Get used to the compliments that will be coming your way but use them to bolster or booster you to your goal.

Are you on Medicare and had your procedure yet? I am assuming your having the sleeve !

Good luck and Keep on going !

alese in SE Florida outside Fort Lauderdale....

Gastric Sleeve Member DBarringer58's Avatar
    Name
    Debbie Barringer
    Surgery date
    01/27/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr Baumon
    Last Activity
    01-07-2017 11:37 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts

Yes I am having the sleeve in Jan. And yes I am on Medicare. Thank for boasting my moral! I am just thrilled! How much were you able to lose if you don't mine me asking?? I need to lose around 100. I just need to stay in the right mind frame!!! That's why I love to come on this board. Great support from everyone. Than you
    High weight 246
    Sleeve weight 224
    cw eight 193
    Sleeve date 1/27/2015

Thank you,
    Debbie Barringer

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    07/30/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Michael Perez
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Hi D...
    I am abit confused regarding your being on Medicare....if so, then you will be fully covered.? Medicare is your number one insurance. Your husband's, you said is the secondary, will only pick up where Medicare leaves off but I don't think I had any additional fees. I do not have a secondary insurance...

I don't mind revealing my weight loss. I started at 235 lbs but only had 2 wks to pre-diet (as recommended by my insurance-Humana PPO), to show that I could comply with the program and lose some wt to take off fat from the liver...the surgeons like the patient to lose some wt off the liver as it makes it easier for the surgeon to find and work in the stomach cavity.

I lost 107 lbs from 235 to 125 lbs. I am 5'4.5" and that wt was too low for me, as ppl said. I didn't mind it. Rather loved being in the 120's. I've increased my eating so has been difficult to get down to that wt again....my BMI is still within the "normal" range and not overweight, etc. I don't exercise and never did. Don't like to exercise....at your age, it might help you to absorb some of the skin that is dropping. I did have dropping skin on my back, however, those rolls have disappeared....my thighs went down beautifully so no "thunder thighs" as they say or wide hips. My boobs are another story but at my age I am not about to have a boob job ! At your age, if necessary, after a year or so and you think it is necessary, go for it...your skin will have settled in by then.

If you click on my name above (alese inFL) my profile will pop up. I haven't written much as my primary sleeve site is ObesityHelp.com . If you do go there, my photo is on there, however, I was 160, and proud of that, but had gone down to 125 lbs (35 lb loss) but my stay weight now is between 135-137 lbs with a 25 lb loss from that photo.

How tall are you? Some ppl handle wts different than others. Whatever wt is good for you but lose the wt where your BMI says your in the "normal" wt range.

GO FOR IT AND THEN KEEP GOING!
    alese