Name
    Lisa Limbach
    Last Activity
    02-13-2013 08:40 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default girliebear

I am considering gastric bypass surgery. I know its risky, but I am hopeing I can prepare myself. If anyone has had it please let me know how it went, and any complications you may have had. I am doing this for my health, I have tried everything known to man. I lose some and gain more back. I suffer from lower back pain that lays me up and rhuemitoid arthritis. Very severe case. I am hoping when I get it and some weight comes off and will be able to move better around the house, and start to feel better about life. Thank you in advance for your concern and your help.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member aquilazion's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    11/19/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr.Almanza
    Last Activity
    07-12-2013 04:20 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: girliebear

Go for it, I did and it changed my life, blood pressure sugar levels are now normal, lost over 20lbs so far, able to play with my grandkids without joint pain..where ever you choose to go God be with you

Gastric Sleeve Member livingonaprayer's Avatar
    Surgery date
    01/16/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ragui Sadek
    Last Activity
    08-01-2014 09:45 AM
    Said "Thanks" 27 Times
    Was Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3,286 Times
    Blog Entries

I also was going to get the gastric bypass because I felt it would be the best way to lose a lot of weight. However, when my doctor did the surgery, he found a few internal medical issues that would not allow him to do the gastric bypass but he was able to do the gastric sleeve. Honestly, it was a blessing in disguise, IMO. He told me I can still have the bypass after clearing up the issues he found but I am just going to stick with the sleeve. It is going to be a more "normal" but also new lifestyle. And many people have lost so much weight with the sleeve. I must admit, I am never hungry and am glad I don't need to deal with the malabsorbtion issues. I believe there is a website similar to this for those that had or thinking of having gastric bypass. it would probably be a good idea to check out that website. It is a hard decision, but you know either way you will get surgery and begin to get healthy again.

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you all the luck and may God help you in your decision. Keep us posted on what you decide to do.

Gastric Sleeve Member marilynlw's Avatar
    Name
    Marilyn
    Surgery date
    11/12/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Lorenzo
    Last Activity
    01-02-2014 02:32 PM
    Oahu, Hawaii we moved from Ohio to wormer weather.
    Said "Thanks" 61 Times
    Was Thanked 742 Times in 711 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,174 Times
    Blog Entries

Hi The VSG and the RNYbypass are both excellent procedures to help you lose weight. I am sure the doctor will help you make the right decision for you. I chose the sleeve because it is a simpler operation and I have had intestinal issues in the past which have made the bypass more risky. Good luck with your weight loss journey.

Highest weight 440 lbs. lowest weight 9.5 lbs at birth
    Date of surgery weight 340
    12 week checkup 301 BMI <50 yeah!
    Weight on birthday 3/24/48 Goal 285 would be nice.