Surgeon
    Dr. Charles M. Ferguson
    Last Activity
    12-01-2013 02:46 PM
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Post In the beginning of the process.......

I finally made the decision to have the gastric sleeve after carefully educating myself and knowing this was going to be a lifetime commitment. I was asked by my doctor why i decided to do this and that part was easy for me. I told him I had so much to live for this including not only myself but my husband of almost 30 years and 2 great kids and 2 of the most precious grand kids God could ever allow me to have. Because if I didn't do this, I was not going to last as long as I was suppose to. So I went to my appointment on January 30, 2013 and he weighed me in and found out my BMI, and I must say I was embarrassed to no end. But the big surprise is, I am not going to go through this alone, my sister Becky is going to do it with me. We have all of our appointment's set up and going to have surgery the same day as well, thinking that this would give us both incentive to do what we are suppose to do. We go for our nutrition class this weekend February 9, 2013 and have already scheduled our psych evaluation for March 19, 2013 and then are suppose to get our actual surgery date sometime after that is done. Does anyone have any suggestions of anything I can do now to help myself? Also if I make my own smoothies at home ( Ice, real fruit, plain yogurt and add protein) what type of protein powder do you all suggest? Even though I am a big ol' gal, I am a picky picky picky eater... I have also learned that some of the things I hate to eat are going to have to be eaten anyway and that scares me i.e. ( eggs, cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream ) But you know what I will do what i have to do.....

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Anne
    Surgery date
    12/26/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Raul Rosenthal
    Last Activity
    02-19-2020 03:58 PM
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Was Thanked 58 Times in 56 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 10 Times

Default Re: In the beginning of the process.......

I'm about 5 weeks out and can't have fruit for a few months still, no carbs protein first until I lose a substantial amount of weight. Each NUT has their own rules though.