Last Activity
    11-22-2013 11:49 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5 Times
    Blog Entries

Cool New Here & Seeking Surgeon Reccomendations

Hello All,
    I am new here and hoping to make some new vsg friends soon. I have been contemplating this surgery now for roughly the last two years. I've struggled with my weight my entire life and last year finally found out I had developed Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome which for those of you that know what that is know what a pain it can make losing weight when you have it. You name the diet and I've tried it! Most recently I spent $295 this past September on 6 weeks of HCG Shots and a Dr. monitored 500 calorie diet. Did I have success with it, yes I lost nearly 30 lbs in the first six weeks but have only been able to maintain about 20 of those pounds off with a more normal calorie intake, juicing, diet and excercise. I am so tired of battling this weight gain, obsessing over my latest yo yo diet and nearly killing myself at the gym for little to no results! This surgery is my last hope and I hope I am just as successful as the majority of you who have already been sleeved. If any of you out there are former patients of Dr. Fernando Garcia or Dr. Ariel Ortiz please post your warnings or rave reviews below. I've waivered back and fourth on a few different doctors over the past year or so, but am currently leaning towards one of these two doctors to perform my gastric sleeve procedure sometime between this March-Mid May. It's nice to meet you.
    -Nicole

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    10/15/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. M. Roslin
    Last Activity
    06-02-2015 07:28 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 29 Times in 29 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

Default Re: New Here & Seeking Surgeon Reccomendations

Congratulations on taking these steps!! I wish you the best of luck!!

Gastric Sleeve Member ebonyalicia's Avatar
    Name
    Ebony
    Surgery date
    11/10/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Robert Casillas
    Last Activity
    08-22-2014 07:40 PM
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Do it! It's life changing!

Gastric Sleeve Member ictgurl316's Avatar
    Name
    Shirley
    Surgery date
    05/01/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Holover
    Last Activity
    04-04-2013 05:21 AM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 24 Times in 24 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 86 Times
    Blog Entries

Good morning Nikki : ) This is a wonderful surgery, Its has really saved my life. I thank God everyday for a second chance at life.... Do your research on the sleeve.... THIS SITE IS A AWESOME SITE!!!! It came into my life at the right time... But you have to remember what one person went through having the surgery does not mean you will go through the same thing.... I had no problems with my surgery at all, and I'm down 100 Ibs : )) So the first suggestion is to make sure you and your doctors/surgeons are on the same page..... and keep all the negative people at a distant because they will bring you down.

GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS,
    Shirley : )

Gastric Sleeve Member Texas Girl's Avatar
    Name
    Angie
    Surgery date
    01/15/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Ariel Ortiz
    Last Activity
    06-21-2016 12:42 PM
    Said "Thanks" 158 Times
    Was Thanked 111 Times in 106 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 531 Times

Well, nothing but rave reviews here for Dr Ariel Ortiz. I was sleeved by him a little over a week ago and I was beyond impressed with both him and OCC. My comfort level with being at an Intl Center of Excellence was very high. Everything was extremely clean and sterile, they wore gloves, etc. etc.

The level of care that I received was second to none I've ever received here. Blew away the experience of having my gall bladder removed.

From the moment they picked me up in San Diego and took me across the border until the moment they took me back, it was spectacular. Oh, and the border crossing changed as of 1/1/13, so now you have to get out, with your stuff, and stand in a VERY long line to get back across. Our awesome driver got out a wheel chair, had my friend push me, and we were able to walk right past all the lines and go through in about 5 minutes. FABULOUS!!!

My post-op pain has been minimal and I had almost no gas pains. He really got that out of me, because I never had the shoulder pains and such that so many people talk about. Surgery was on Tuesday and by the time I went home on Friday, I felt almost completely back to normal! Incredible!

If you have any specific questions about them, feel free to let me know. Also, we have a group for him if you want to connect with other patients of his.

Good luck!!
    My Blog: Intentional Living (haven't updated since gaining most of my weight back... )

Heaviest Weight 11/13/09: 283
    Lowest Weight 06/07/11: 159
    Surgery Booked 11/26/12: 238.8
    Post "food mourning" 12/11/12: 245ish
    Pre-Op Diet Start 01/06/13: 232.2
    Surgery Date 01/15/2013 (Goal 227): 222.8

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents