Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-16-2014 05:35 PM
    Said "Thanks" 645 Times
    Was Thanked 491 Times in 418 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 493 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I am the Coordinater for a fabulous Dr!!!

Quote Originally Posted by judy79 View Post
    I paid on my Sleeve for the last few months and never had a date in mind trying to get past the holidays. I just made my date a couple weeks ago, and have been paying on my surgery for 3 months!!!
    Judy-I paid on my Sleeve AND some of my plastics for MONTHS every payday until they were paid in full and then I had the proccedures. I am NOT a "saver", so that is how I had to do it, too!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Banned
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christy
    Surgery date
    09/08/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 645 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaL View Post
    Judy - I am having my sleeve done with Dr. Q on March 22. How long do they usually recommend waiting to get the MMO after your surgery? (Besides the obvious of when you reach a sufficient weight).
    Amanda-LOTS of folks on this forum will say "Wait a year AFTER GOAL IS REACHED". I say...bologna...my Plastic Surgeon said 8 to 10 months post SLEEVE IF you have lost at least 85% of the weight you want to lose. I was 10 months out from the sleeve and had lost 100% of my desired loss. My personal opinion is for sure the 100% of what you want to lose - IF POSSIBLE....sometimes, you can't reach your goal weight if the excess skin weights a lot. So, you have to take that into consideration.
    Hope you don't mind me answering...but, again...everyone hears different "rules" just like with the sleeve.

Gastric Sleeve Member Enfury8me's Avatar
    Name
    Terrie
    Surgery date
    10/23/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr.Sergio Quinones
    Last Activity
    12-08-2015 05:43 PM
    Said "Thanks" 57 Times
    Was Thanked 135 Times in 127 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 74 Times

Judy is certainly not a SCAMMER! She is a part of us just like everyone else. She is coordinating Plastic Surgery thru another Doctor and not SELLING anything. Lighten up people, what is wrong with you all?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    Blessed to have had my Sleeve and now the Journey Ensues:
    Highest Weight 2012 - 272 lbs
    Lowest Weight 1999 - 150 lbs
    Start pre-op diet - 272 lbs
    Date of surgery - 272 lbs (10/23/12)

Gastric Sleeve Member Joanne1958's Avatar
    Name
    Joanne
    Surgery date
    12/17/2012
    Surgeon
    Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    03-16-2014 08:40 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 8 Times
    Blog Entries

That's cuz there wasn't any Becca!

Surgery date
    12/08/2011
    Surgeon
    Ramos-Kelly
    Said "Thanks" 31 Times
    Was Thanked 55 Times in 44 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 11 Times
    Blog Entries

Aren't we all on this site for the same reason....support and information? I personally am not offended that we have coordinators to give us information if requested.

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Grace
    Surgery date
    08/22/2011
    Surgeon
    Portsmouth Regional Hosp
    Said "Thanks" 919 Times
    Was Thanked 1,296 Times in 1,005 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5,008 Times
    Blog Entries

Wanted to point out this from the official rules of this website. I am not, I repeat, not attempting to inflame this. Just to let everyone know what's expected re: advertising. And there we are. And I ask no one attack me on this one. I'm a bit fragile emotionally at the moment and if you are a newbie and don't know me, just look at my stats. I've been here a very long time and have posted over 3600 times. Generally I'm a peacemaker. Official rules below. Have a peaceful day.

10. Commercial posts, links, and signatures. An occasional link or a recommendation to a bariatric surgeon or a bariatric or cosmetic product is allowed, provided the vast majority of your posts do not contain such links or solicitations. Please do not plan to use your account on our gastric sleeve forum with the sole purpose to solicit business for your surgery facility or other type of business. The idea here is we do not want our community to be a competition of gastric sleeve surgery coordinators one-upping each other and competing for business, or cosmetic line representatives flogging their products to the community. Your posts should be helpful, supportive, conversational, etc, and if so, an occasional recommendation or link will be allowed. We monitor the forums closely and we reserve the right to make judement calls along these lines and clean up spammy posts. If you are unsure, it can't hurt to ask a moderator beforehand what is or isn't allowed. Building up a reputation and having a strong presense beforehand is always recommended. Additionally, please remember that this rule may change over time, based on the growth and direction of our community, potential abuse of this rule, and overall site policy changes that may occur in the future. The buying, selling, or trading of signatures is prohibited. Images in signatures should not exceed 468 pixels wide. You may have a maximum of three images and/or two off-site links in your signature. Videos in signatures are not allowed.
    Best NSV - fitting on a kid's amusement park ride with my 4 yr old grandson!
    CFIDS =Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) Also dx with post-bariatric reactive hypoglycemia; and chronic gastritis (both sleeve complications). Permanently disabled.
    Start weight 335, down to 218, up during gastritis. Have accepted there is no way to lose it with my hypoglycemia. Current weight 260. Currently doing 10 day sleeve reset and determined to get back down to my post surgical weight or close to it.

9. Said thanks:

Name
    Peggy
    Surgery date
    07/24/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Lalor
    Last Activity
    04-22-2015 04:45 PM
    Said "Thanks" 197 Times
    Was Thanked 346 Times in 318 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 107 Times
    Blog Entries

For me, I don't care either way. For the ones complaining, after reading the initial post, if you didn't like it, leave and go to another post. GEESH!! Seems pretty dang simple to me! Now if Judy or Christy starts putting their dr's info on EVERY post, yep, that would be going overboard. Instead, she started her own thread, with "coordinator" in the title, for people to COME TO HER to ask questions. She wasn't posting on your threads, or hunting you down to shove her info in your face. You came to her thread. If you didn't like it, just move on. Problem solved.

And by the way, the very FIRST question EVERYONE wants to know is..."HOW MUCH?"
    ~~Peggy~~
    Highest weight: 249
    Weight at pre-op: 224
    Weight at surgery: 216

Gastric Sleeve Member Dee Leshuz's Avatar
    Surgery date
    03/15/2012
    Said "Thanks" 77 Times
    Was Thanked 579 Times in 506 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 165 Times

Hmmm, thanks for that, Grace, I hadn't read that.

ETA

I'm a bit surprised at it b/c of the prominent Dr. Almanza/Alvarez advertising and other commercial posts MediaHound has let stand.

IMO it's better to have the info as to whom works for whom above board so we know that, it's better than having people who work for doctors acting like they are former clients (not saying that everyone does this, just that some have here and on other boards I've seen) undercover and trying to manipulate people. I also prefer that to the "doctor wars" I've seen on this and other boards.

I also like the idea of keeping it to a single thread so it's not all over the place, too. MediaHound has the final word, however.
    Starting weight: 255
    Pre-op weight: 228
    Surgery date: 3/14/2012

Banned
    Name
    Christy
    Surgery date
    09/08/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 645 Times
    Blog Entries

Now, I feel awkward. Do I seem like I'm trying to manipulate people? I mean, I have a fulltime job outside of being Dr Niebles' coordinator!! I just want people to have what I have gotten from him - truly good results and satisfaction. And, I still comment on lots of other stuff on the Forum...please..HELP me out here! I am sorry if I have annoyed anyone!!!!

Gastric Sleeve Member workinprogress40's Avatar
    Name
    Latonyia
    Surgery date
    08/22/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr.Almanza
    Last Activity
    01-17-2014 10:01 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 47 Times in 42 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 62 Times
    Blog Entries

Christy!!!! Please dont feel awkward i personally thank you for being a coordinater because without you and your experience it would be very hard to find a PS in TJ since Jeruselum Hospital will not be offering plastic surgery. Thanks again and please continue to educate us on the different things about Plastic surgery.

Banned
    Name
    Christy
    Surgery date
    09/08/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 645 Times
    Blog Entries

Thanks, Latonyia! Two more days and I will be back at it, again. AND>>>the last procedure. I mean there will be nothing left to have done - well -except thighs, but I don't see myself doing that. HOPEFULLY, I will have some great "AFTER" pictures to share of my facelift. YIKES! I surely do have some HORRIBLE "before" pics!! lol! I keep saying I just need some of my fat back in my face!! BUT...I don't want to gain 40 pounds back just to get my plump cheeks back!!

Surgery date
    12/08/2011
    Surgeon
    Ramos-Kelly
    Said "Thanks" 31 Times
    Was Thanked 55 Times in 44 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 11 Times
    Blog Entries

Christy, is he going to do any fat grafting to your face, or just a standard lift? Since losing over 80 lbs my face has lost quite a bit of volume. I'd love to add that back but not by regaining the weight

Name
    Judy S
    Surgeon
    Dr Yily De Los Santos Plastics!!!
    Last Activity
    05-25-2015 10:39 PM
    Said "Thanks" 35 Times
    Was Thanked 86 Times in 84 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 260 Times

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaL View Post
    Judy - I am having my sleeve done with Dr. Q on March 22. How long do they usually recommend waiting to get the MMO after your surgery? (Besides the obvious of when you reach a sufficient weight).
    6 months to a year as soon as you get close to your goal weight. I have heard of women being 200 pounds and having it. I think I'll wait till I'm around 160-170 to have mine. Congrats, I can't wait to get mine!!! Huge boobs and butt here I come!!!
    Dr Quinones screwed up my sleeve

Name
    Judy S
    Surgeon
    Dr Yily De Los Santos Plastics!!!
    Last Activity
    05-25-2015 10:39 PM
    Said "Thanks" 35 Times
    Was Thanked 86 Times in 84 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 260 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Msvetrn View Post
    Judy-I paid on my Sleeve AND some of my plastics for MONTHS every payday until they were paid in full and then I had the proccedures. I am NOT a "saver", so that is how I had to do it, too!
    Yep, I owe $700 left on my Sleeve, and plan to pay $1000 a month till I get my MMO+BBL!!! If I have that money in my hand or in the bank, it would be gone!!! This was my only option, I do everything in cash (no credit, because its to bad lol). So after Sleeve here come the deposits again!!!
    Dr Quinones screwed up my sleeve

Banned
    Name
    Christy
    Surgery date
    09/08/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 645 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scgal21 View Post
    Christy, is he going to do any fat grafting to your face, or just a standard lift? Since losing over 80 lbs my face has lost quite a bit of volume. I'd love to add that back but not by regaining the weight
    I am planning on it...he talked about it and so did a PS here in Virginia I consulted with. I used Juvederm last year, but Dr Niebles said using one's own fat is better..the only problem is that means LIPO and I raelly dont want lipo. Ive never had it. And I dont know if I have enough fat anywhere for him to get enough to transfer. Well...I probably do on my hips but I lOVE my curvy hips!