Surgeon
    Dr. Stanley Hoehn
    Last Activity
    10-03-2013 10:29 AM
    Said "Thanks" 12 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default How Much Does a Mommy Makeover Cost?

Just wondering how much everyone has paid for these procedures in the US and Mexico. I am interested in doing a breast lift with implants, tummy tuck and possible lipo.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Banned
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christy
    Surgery date
    09/08/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-16-2014 05:35 PM
    Said "Thanks" 645 Times
    Was Thanked 491 Times in 418 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 493 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How Much Does a Mommy Makeover Cost?

In TJ, my doc will do it for "around" $6500 - depending on different variables/options.

Gastric Sleeve Member selinathorne's Avatar
    Name
    selina
    Surgery date
    07/18/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Stanley Hoehn
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 12 Times
    Blog Entries

I saw you on another post. you seem pretty happy with your results. would you be willing to tell me who your doctor was? do they offer financing? I have carecredit, do they take that?

Banned
    Name
    Christy
    Surgery date
    09/08/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 645 Times
    Blog Entries

You are right! I am V E R Y happy with my results by Dr. Niebles and no, there is no financing. There are some medical loan companies out there who will pay for a doc in Mexico. Just have to do a GOOGLE. I do not believe any doc in Mexico accepts Care Credit, but I could be wrong.

Gastric Sleeve Member ElleMarie's Avatar
    Surgery date
    06/10/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Ortiz
    Last Activity
    09-25-2013 10:07 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 202 Times in 182 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 46 Times

I went almost 2 months ago to Mexico and had the TT, lipo and lift with implants. I paid $6500 and was VERY pleased both with the doc and my results. I had a VERY large tummy flap and went in with pretty realistic expectations to just "look better" I came out with VERY different results than I thought I would get. I am SHOCKED at how good I look, for the first time in my life, I can't just walk by a mirror...I linger now!! LOL

I also used Dr Niebles. The other poster above Msvetrn, has used him a few times and she recommended him to me, she was great about helping me make arrangements and answering my questions. Being a nurse here in the States gave me even more confidence when I was choosing who to use. It is a major surgery but other than my sleeve, and my husband it was one of my best decisions. The sleeve made me feel human again...the MMO made me feel like a woman again.
    God gave us people to love and things to use, not things to love and people to use.

Visit my blog at: http://laurieunapologetically.blogspot.com/

7. Said thanks:

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Surgery date
    06/10/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Ortiz
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times

I went almost 2 months ago to Mexico and had the TT, lipo and lift with implants. I paid $6500 and was VERY pleased both with the doc and my results. I had a VERY large tummy flap and went in with pretty realistic expectations to just "look better" I came out with VERY different results than I thought I would get. I am SHOCKED at how good I look, for the first time in my life, I can't just walk by a mirror...I linger now!! LOL

I also used Dr Niebles. The other poster above Msvetrn, has used him a few times and she recommended him to me, she was great about helping me make arrangements and answering my questions. Being a nurse here in the States gave me even more confidence when I was choosing who to use. It is a major surgery but other than my sleeve, and my husband it was one of my best decisions. The sleeve made me feel human again...the MMO made me feel like a woman again.
    God gave us people to love and things to use, not things to love and people to use.

Gastric Sleeve Member selinathorne's Avatar
    Name
    selina
    Surgery date
    07/18/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Stanley Hoehn
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 12 Times
    Blog Entries

I guess I could save save save or borrow from my 401k again. ill do the research on the financing first. I am a way out yet. I need to lose about 45 more pounds first and stabilize. but I am thinking about another year. I am going to friend you two, I am sure you guys are the people to know when I start this next journey. Thanks for your info!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    02/28/2012
    Last Activity
    09-10-2016 03:48 AM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 13 Times

What about the after care though ? I had my sleeve done in Mexico but with mommy makeover u need after care ? My 1 year surgerversary coming up end of feb hoping to Lose my last pounds then hoping to have mommy makeover, good to hear good reviews

12. Said thanks:

Banned
    Name
    Christy
    Surgery date
    09/08/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 645 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Smexibeastmel View Post
    What about the after care though ? I had my sleeve done in Mexico but with mommy makeover u need after care ? My 1 year surgerversary coming up end of feb hoping to Lose my last pounds then hoping to have mommy makeover, good to hear good reviews
    You need to have a doctor here on board to assist you with after care like suture removal, drain removal, etc. It is VERY important this is arranged prior to you having your surgery. Do not assume a local plastic surgeon will assist you because chances are one won't. See my DOs and DONTS Advice in this forum!
    :-)

Gastric Sleeve Member Dee Leshuz's Avatar
    Surgery date
    03/15/2012
    Said "Thanks" 77 Times
    Was Thanked 579 Times in 506 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 165 Times

And just for balance, in the states the price tag can be anywhere from 10-20K+ depending on location, individual procedures, popularity of the doctor, etc. You can rest assured that a procedure will generally cost more in New York, San Francisco or Beverly Hills than it will in say, the Southern states or midwest.

Realself.com is a good place to get the "average" price for procedures but it should be noted that to get an average you simply take the price of all procedures, add them together and divide. It's a rough, not specific, guide.

http://www.realself.com/question/cost-of-mommy-makeover
    Starting weight: 255
    Pre-op weight: 228
    Surgery date: 3/14/2012

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    12/12/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Landerholm
    Last Activity
    02-13-2018 09:44 PM
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Was Thanked 457 Times in 339 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 138 Times

I am following these topics because although I SWORE I would never get this extensive cosmetic surgery, I am changing my mind. ElleMarie really said it "want to feel like a woman again". Okay, I already do feel pretty great, but maybe I want my body to match how I feel!

One thing I just don't understand is that I thought you were supposed to get to goal and then wait a year before doing plastics. I see that many many people are doing it even before they reach goal. Can someone educate me on this?

I have a consult on Friday, just to get the idea of what I can expect. I am near goal, but of course not really sure what weight I will stabilize at. I hope to do plastics in Nov/Dec 2013 - basically two years after my sleeve surgery.

When I was sleeved, I really just wanted to get under 200#.
    Later, I realized I could shoot a little higher and set my goal to basically get to a nice medium sized person - I set for 158 since I have a big frame and felt that would be a realistic weight.
    Now, I realize that I am enjoying my inner athelete. The weight isn't my goal, it is a level of fitness, strength, size that matters to me. I predict I will weigh in the mid to upper 140s (10 pounds under my official goal) to achieve those goals. I am at 169 so I have a ways to go.
    308# 12/1/2011 Start of Preop Diet
    300# 12/12/11 Lapband to Sleeve revision
    158# Feb 2013 - GOAL lost 150# 14 months post op
    150# 10/14/2013 - Plastics Dr Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico; removed 5.5# of skin
    140# Apr 2014 - maintaining 168# weight loss currently. Very happy with my sleeve and plastics results!

Gastric Sleeve Member Dee Leshuz's Avatar
    Surgery date
    03/15/2012
    Said "Thanks" 77 Times
    Was Thanked 579 Times in 506 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 165 Times

Cowgirl, IMO, you are correct to wait until you get to goal and your weight stabilizes-most surgeons I know or have heard of highly recommend it. I have a consult w/ a surgeon here (but that's all it is) next week but it's just to get an idea of how much things might cost-I may have part of my surgery done here, part of it done in Mex, dunno. I also have to line up the $ b/c this could be very expensive, losing weight will give me time to do that.

ETA

You are advised to wait a year after meeting goal so your skin settles...if you do it in the middle of your weight loss your skin may shift again when you reach goal weight, undoing some of the benefits of your cosmetic surgery. I can see doing a bit earlier, like 3 months after reaching goal, and I think others get it done before they reach goal b/c they want the hanging skin off NOW b/c it's getting in their way during exercise etc. and some may simply want to feel good "now" vs. later after all their hard work. I wouldn't personally go that route but I understand it.
    Starting weight: 255
    Pre-op weight: 228
    Surgery date: 3/14/2012

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    12/12/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Landerholm
    Last Activity
    02-13-2018 09:44 PM
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Was Thanked 457 Times in 339 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 138 Times

Oh, I understand it too! My tummy sort of bothers me, it doesn't HANG like i have seen some photos but is very poochy so form fitting clothes show it. So, I guess it doesn't bother me too much because alot of women my age have a little pooch so I guess it doesn't stand out as hideous. What REALLY bothers me is my thighs though. Talk about something that makes you feel unsexy - solid fit legs with these sacks of skin and emty fat and cellulite cells attached to the inside. ewww In clothes, my thighs aren't too noticable, but it is like I KNOW what they look like and it bothers me.

This pic shows the tummy pooch!
    Attached Images
    308# 12/1/2011 Start of Preop Diet
    300# 12/12/11 Lapband to Sleeve revision
    158# Feb 2013 - GOAL lost 150# 14 months post op
    150# 10/14/2013 - Plastics Dr Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico; removed 5.5# of skin
    140# Apr 2014 - maintaining 168# weight loss currently. Very happy with my sleeve and plastics results!

Banned
    Name
    Christy
    Surgery date
    09/08/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 645 Times
    Blog Entries

When I had my very first Plastic Surgery consult, the surgeon recommended to lose at least 85% of your goal but "being at goal would be best" AND 8 to 10 months after a weight lost surgery-not after you reach goal. He also said, at "my age" (57 at the time), there was no reason to wait for my skin or weight to shift or whatever or try to exercise my skin back into shape-it wasn't gonna happen. Consequently, I did wait until I reached goal and within one month (which put me at ten months out from the sleeve) had my tummy tuck and my arms done. Since I was at goal, I did not require any lipo which I was grateful for (I can't say that would be the case for eceryone who has reached goal). I have had excellent results. My breasts were done 3 months later and they, also, look fantastic. I now work for a plastic surgeon who specializes in post weight loss surgery patients and he is of the same school of thought as the first PS I consulted with. And, of course, as you know, he is the one who did all three of my procedures. But, I, personally, highly recommend waiting at least until you reach goal...of that is possible...sometimes, the weight of the excess skin is what keeps one from reaching goal.

Surgery date
    06/10/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Ortiz
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times

I was still a "big girl" when I went for plastics. I was 202 the day I left. He took off 12 lbs but when I got home I was only down a couple of pounds due to swelling (very normal) now I am 7+ weeks and am down 17 lbs. I still have some swelling but it is getting better and better all the time. I basically was stable on my weight at 200-204 for almost a year. I do NOT think it is a good idea to go until you are stable. In my case I didn't expect to look amazing just wanted my VERY large flap gone. Never knew I could look this good, but for some people my weight would not be acceptable at 185 today. I don't mind being a big girl just like that now I am curvy in the RIGHT areas!! LOL

20. Said thanks: