Surgeon
    C Evanson
    Last Activity
    03-16-2013 10:38 AM
    Said "Thanks" 17 Times
    Was Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5 Times

Default How many carbs should I have??? Four months out

Hey everyone. I joined myfitnesspal.com and I'm loving it. It really is easy to track and helps me stay focused on what I'm putting in my mouth. However, something I haven't thought about so far, how many carbs should I have? I hear people say different things. And I know there is different kinds of carbs, but the fitness tracker says I should have 165g daily for a 1200cal diet. That doesn't sound right! I want to do a juicer so I can get fruits and veggies in a little easier (I'm still having trouble eating most things) so, how many carbs? And, I'm gluten-free, so I never eat regular bread products, but I will have two gluten-free crackers when I eat tuna. Also, I can sometimes eat cereal, that has carbs. Ugh. I want to do this right, but I don't want to be obsessed!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Banned
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christy
    Surgery date
    09/08/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-16-2014 05:35 PM
    Said "Thanks" 645 Times
    Was Thanked 491 Times in 418 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 493 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How many carbs should I have??? Four months out

I have never counted carbs from fruit and veggies. They are complex carbs and are totally needed by your body in order to function. I have been juicing with fresh fruit and veggies since one month out. But then, I have never counted anything, so....
    You say you want to "do this right". You have been sleeved for four months and have lost 60 pounds...you must be doing something right.

4. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    08/03/2012
    Surgeon
    C Evanson
    Last Activity
    03-16-2013 10:38 AM
    Said "Thanks" 17 Times
    Was Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Msvetrn View Post
    I have never counted carbs from fruit and veggies. They are complex carbs and are totally needed by your body in order to function. I have been juicing with fresh fruit and veggies since one month out. But then, I have never counted anything, so....
    You say you want to "do this right". You have been sleeved for four months and have lost 60 pounds...you must be doing something right.
    Thanks! What do you use for juicing? I haven't done it before, but I have such a hard time eating that I think it would be a good idea. And, by "doing this right" I mean, once the sleeve lets me take over, I want to make sure I know what I'm doing.

Banned
    Name
    Christy
    Surgery date
    09/08/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-16-2014 05:35 PM
    Said "Thanks" 645 Times
    Was Thanked 491 Times in 418 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 493 Times
    Blog Entries

I have a VITAMIX I bought way back in 1991 that I barely used until I got sleeved last year. I throw in strawberries, blueberrries, banana, oranges, apples, carrots, Kale or spinach, etc. I put a scoop of Unflavored UNJURY protein powder, ice and water. I use to add stevia, but then realized I didn't evenneed any kind of sweetner because the fruit is sweet enough. I cannot tell you the amounts because it seems like its different each time. There is also a good Veggie Protein Powder, FRUTEIN. That will give you a Green Smoothie with lots of veggies and the protein-it looks gross but it tastes good. I've even throw a little carton of Activia in the Viamix with all the other stuff. When I am out and about I go to Tropical Smoothie Cafe and ge the JETTY JR. (kids smoothie). I tell them NO SUGAR or SLENDA, add blueberries and once scoop of WHEY protein. YUM! Its the perfect amount for my tummy.

7. Said thanks: