Surgeon
    Dr. Anya Feighin
    Last Activity
    06-24-2017 10:23 AM
    Said "Thanks" 280 Times
    Was Thanked 58 Times in 50 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 58 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Mommy makeover! Advice? Opinions? Suggestions?!

Hello everyone! I have been at a stable weight very close to my goal weight (I can't seem to shake off those last 2/3lbs but no biggie). I am actually very happy with my size. I am petite at 5'1" and 127lbs. My breasts, which once were a full 38DD now do not even fill a C cup. But being small was always my goal. I have had a c-section and I did breastfeed my daughter. She is now four and I do not intend to have more kids (though at my age, you never know what may happen). Anyway, I am researching doctors for a mommy makeover. I want to get rid of the ugly little pouch that I have which I believe is from gaining so much weight during pregnancy. And my breasts are tiny and super saggy! I definitely want to do a lift and remove excess skin. But I do not want lipo and I would prefer to avoid putting any artificial crap in my body (breast implants). I am concerned that the doctors will say my breasts will not look right without implants. That is what happened to my mom. Her surgeon said that her breasts were too empty. She got the smallest implants available and now has full and beautiful C cup breasts. But I do not like them for myself. I was never very girly and part of that was because I was fat but also because I like being able to dress however I want. I love wearing dresses now that I am skinny. In my head I am a "small" girl and I want to be that small girl. For example, I prefer to wear flats so all my girl friends ask me why I don't wear heels or platforms to give me some height and I say it is because I like being short and I want to use that. I don't know if I'm making sense or just rambling haha. Sorry! Anyway, I really think a B cup would best fit my frame and I can always buy padded bras for when I am feeling like I want some more boobage haha. I will always be curvy, I have a small waist and an hourglass shape. I actually am very pleased with my shape. My ass is great as is and my legs are super sexy. All I need now is a flat tummy and small, perky breasts and I think I will finally have my dream body. I have scheduled consultations with several doctors in my area and I can't wait to see what they say.

Anyone who has done a TT and BL, I want to hear from you! Especially anyone who did any surgeries in the Miami area, if you are happy with your doctor I would love to get his name and schedule a consult. I have a doctor in mind. Ary Krau of Miami did a bunch of surgeries (TT, implants, lift, some facial stuff) for a friend of my mom and she says he is amazing. I am meeting him on Wednesday. So if anyone has any advice for me regarding doctors, breast size, anything at all I want to hear it! I am nervous and excited! I want this more than anything. It is the final step in becoming the girl I feel has been hiding inside me all my life! Thanks to anyone who read my long post and thanks in advance to all who post their support and advice! Love you all! <3
    Lee

There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well and that's be you. Be what you're like. Be like yourself.

Follow my journey visually on youtube:<br>theugleeducklee&#39;s Channel - YouTube

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member ElleMarie's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    06/10/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Ortiz
    Last Activity
    09-25-2013 10:07 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 202 Times in 182 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 46 Times

Default Re: Mommy makeover! Advice? Opinions? Suggestions?!

I am three weeks post Tummy Tuck, Breast lift with augmentation and extensive lipo. I am SO pleased with my results, he far exceeded my expectations. I went to Mexico for mine, having this much done in the states was just not in my budget.

Couple of things, if you decide on lipo find out what the level of experience is, this is an area that can go quite wrong. Make sure your surgeon only uses name brand implants with warranty. If you want it local get online and find info on the doc you are using or ask others who they used. If you don't get many replies here I know that Obesity Help (another online support group) has a very large following, maybe you could post the same questions there. If you would consider Mexico as an option, I would be happy to get you in touch with the proper people to answer your questions.

Congrats on your decision to fine tune your new look. I have NO REGRETS and am a happy camper. Good luck as you do your research.
    God gave us people to love and things to use, not things to love and people to use.

Visit my blog at: http://laurieunapologetically.blogspot.com/

4. Said thanks:

Banned
    Name
    Christy
    Surgery date
    09/08/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-16-2014 05:35 PM
    Said "Thanks" 645 Times
    Was Thanked 491 Times in 418 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 493 Times
    Blog Entries

Dr Niebles gave me he the perfect body, also. Hourglass. Flat tummy. Perky breasts. No lipo for me, though. I csn send you picyutes if you PM me.

6. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member mommyducky's Avatar
    Name
    Lee
    Surgery date
    10/31/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Anya Feighin
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 280 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ElleMarie View Post
    I am three weeks post Tummy Tuck, Breast lift with augmentation and extensive lipo. I am SO pleased with my results, he far exceeded my expectations. I went to Mexico for mine, having this much done in the states was just not in my budget.

Couple of things, if you decide on lipo find out what the level of experience is, this is an area that can go quite wrong. Make sure your surgeon only uses name brand implants with warranty. If you want it local get online and find info on the doc you are using or ask others who they used. If you don't get many replies here I know that Obesity Help (another online support group) has a very large following, maybe you could post the same questions there. If you would consider Mexico as an option, I would be happy to get you in touch with the proper people to answer your questions.

Congrats on your decision to fine tune your new look. I have NO REGRETS and am a happy camper. Good luck as you do your research.
    Thank you so much! I have decided to go with my first choice because I like his attitude and his background and he is highly recommended. I have scheduled my surgery for BL with implants as apparently my breasts will be a small A once the skin is removed and I want to be a full B. I am also doing a tiny amount if lipo with my tummy tuck, he said I really don't need much as I am now. I am so nervous and excited but scared about the size of my breasts! I am looking at photos and trying to decide what I want to look like as far as size and shape of breasts. It is so hard!
    Lee

There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well and that's be you. Be what you're like. Be like yourself.

Follow my journey visually on youtube:<br>theugleeducklee&#39;s Channel - YouTube

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    11/11/2010
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    12-27-2015 08:21 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 407 Times in 175 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 42 Times

Quote Originally Posted by mommyducky View Post
    Thank you so much! I have decided to go with my first choice because I like his attitude and his background and he is highly recommended. I have scheduled my surgery for BL with implants as apparently my breasts will be a small A once the skin is removed and I want to be a full B. I am also doing a tiny amount if lipo with my tummy tuck, he said I really don't need much as I am now. I am so nervous and excited but scared about the size of my breasts! I am looking at photos and trying to decide what I want to look like as far as size and shape of breasts. It is so hard!
    Every surgeon I sent pics to said I needed implants with my lift (when I was getting quotes from various clinics). Even the local surgeon here, who I saw in person, said the same thing. They all said "my upper globes would be empty without implants". Well who has full upper globes at 48? I barely had that ever!!! I am so happy I didn't get implants. I didn't lose any cup size. I can still wear the same bras, just tighter. If I want "full upper globes" I wear a push up bra. I have plenty!! I was a DD before weight loss, a C after weight loss and am still a C after just a lift. I didn't want any larger breasts and I didn't want to have something foreign in my body. I did lots of research about health problems associated with them, esides having to have more surgery in the future if something went wrong with them, as is common. No implants for me and no regrets!!!!

9. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Lee
    Surgery date
    10/31/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Anya Feighin
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 280 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful Momma View Post
    Every surgeon I sent pics to said I needed implants with my lift (when I was getting quotes from various clinics). Even the local surgeon here, who I saw in person, said the same thing. They all said "my upper globes would be empty without implants". Well who has full upper globes at 48? I barely had that ever!!! I am so happy I didn't get implants. I didn't lose any cup size. I can still wear the same bras, just tighter. If I want "full upper globes" I wear a push up bra. I have plenty!! I was a DD before weight loss, a C after weight loss and am still a C after just a lift. I didn't want any larger breasts and I didn't want to have something foreign in my body. I did lots of research about health problems associated with them, esides having to have more surgery in the future if something went wrong with them, as is common. No implants for me and no regrets!!!!
    I really do not want implants but my mom and doctors have convinced me and I have been talking myself into it. But my breasts have shrunk so much and I was told they would be itty bitty if I do not get implants. I currently wear a C cup because I took my moms bras after my other bras became huge as I lost weight. But I am actually a B cup now and doctor said most of it is skin, not fat and once removed I will have barely anything left. My mom also did the same exact procedures: sleeve 4 years ago and then mommy makeover. She was a C cup before implants and they told her without implants she would have that "empty look" so she went with the implants. My doctor who saw her said that she would be the same without implants since she got 120cc, the smallest implants they do. She says she is happy with them but I was pretty sure I would not get them. I am, like you, against having a foreign substance in my body and having to have multiple surgeries. I am 28, I have no clue how often I will have to replace my implants in my lifetime. My mom keeps telling me I am being irrational and saying how she knows tons of people with implants for years who are happy. She has had hers for about two years but she had major complications with hers. She was battling infections and in and out of the hospital for three months after getting her implants. She had a giant hole on her left breast which wouldn't close and was leaking pus. It was gross and painful. But now she says it was worth it cuz she loves her breasts. I do not know what to do. I feel like I am being bullied into getting implants but if my doctor told my mom she did not need her implants and then he tells me that I will be tiny without them then I am worried. After reading your post, I am even more confused. But you did have much more to work with than me. I think I will ask my doctor to show me something to help me decide like maybe an image of how I will look with implants and without so I can decide if I can live without. If I can look decent without them then I will pass! Even if it is not my ideal size/shape, I will be happy with small and perky instead of the saggy things I have now. I am willing to compromise on my look and wear a push up bra like you said and a padded bra when I want more size. I would much rather not have implants if I can avoid it. I am now officially panicking hehe. Eep. My surgery is so soon and I am not sure what to do! I do not want to regret my decision because I cannot afford to change my mind. Whatever I choose to get done, I am stuck with it. My mom already told me she will not pay to remove implants or put implants however the case may be if I do not like my results. And she already paid a lot for this surgery so I cannot blame her. I am now so lost. Don't know what to do! sorry for rambling. Your comment gives me a lot to think about and brings back my original doubts that I was trying to squash. Hehe
    Lee

Banned
    Name
    Christy
    Surgery date
    09/08/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 645 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful Momma View Post
    BeautifulMama, Although I appreciate your comments, I believe your situation and this 28 year old's situation could be TOTALLY different. She has posted multiple blogs about her situation as well as private messaged me asking to see my breast augmenatation results which are totally irrelavent to her situation, as well.
    Lee, you need to take the advice of your surgeon as I am sure he is well qualified as to what you need to get positive results. Nobody on this forum, whether they have had implants with a lift or just a lift or just implants is qualified to give you advice on this. If you are so unsure, scared, whatever...DON"T GET ANYTHING DONE AT THIS TIME.
    Just saying and keeping it real....

12. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    11/11/2010
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    12-27-2015 08:21 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 407 Times in 175 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 42 Times

Of course we could be totally different. I wasn't telling her what to do, I was simply telling her that I went through the same indecision as well as being told by every surgeon I consulted that I needed implants. The most important thing is to make an educated decision as well as one you can live with. I researched everything to death because I wanted to be sure. The more I read, the more I did not want implants but I was still seriously considering them. The two things that helped me make the decision to NOT get them was a plastic surgeon on a forum saying if you are happy with the size of your breasts in a bra, then implants are likely not needed. Also, I knew I could always go back and get implants after if I really was not happy with them after a lift. As I stated though, I am thrilled. I didn't lose any cup size and I had a lot of skin! This forum is for expressing opinions, experiences, etc. And she asked so I gave my experience.

14. Said thanks:

Name
    Lee
    Surgery date
    10/31/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Anya Feighin
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 280 Times
    Blog Entries

I appreciate everyones comments and I will ultimately go with what my surgeon tells me is best. I will meet with him one more time to discuss how I feel and I am sure he is equipped to handle these situations and relieve my worries. I am very excited and looking forward to doing this surgery! Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences; I know we are all different but it is still nice to share! <3
    Lee

Gastric Sleeve Member selinathorne's Avatar
    Name
    selina
    Surgery date
    07/18/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Stanley Hoehn
    Last Activity
    10-03-2013 10:29 AM
    Said "Thanks" 12 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

how much does it cost to get the tummy tuck, lipo and BL with implants? Here in the states and also in Mexico??

Name
    Terry
    Surgery date
    09/26/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    05-30-2015 08:12 PM
    Said "Thanks" 108 Times
    Was Thanked 90 Times in 86 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,055 Times

I have another question relation to breast surgery for you guys that have had it done, and I know each person is different. I am considering a reduction, I'll see what size I end up at the end, but I have heard from a couple of ladies at work that they lost sensation in their breasts. Did you guys experience this? I would like if possible this not happen and it might affect my decision for the type of surgery...thanks in advance Terry

Heaviest 2006 297lbs
    Sept 2011 282lbs
    Sept 21/12 start pre-op diet 272lbs
    Sept 26/12 gastric sleeve 263lbs
    Dec 21/12 3 months 222lbs
    March 21/13 6 mon 202lbs
    June 21/13 9 mon 190lbs
    Sept 26/13 YEAR1 186lbs

Banned
    Name
    Christy
    Surgery date
    09/08/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 645 Times
    Blog Entries

It seems if a couple of ladies are tellinlg you this, it must be true. But, I had a neighbor once, who had a breast reduction and she ended up breastfeeding a baby and said it hurt like hell when the baby latched on to her, just like when her first baby did prior to the breast reduction.

Gastric Sleeve Member healedheart's Avatar
    Name
    Judith
    Surgery date
    01/24/2013
    Surgeon
    Eckles/Westmoreland
    Last Activity
    04-29-2017 11:29 AM
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times
    Was Thanked 34 Times in 33 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3,460 Times

Would you mind sharting the name of the surgeon in Mexico that did your cosmetic work?