11/19/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    04-03-2013 12:44 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Surgery date is coming up and the worries are coming on stronger...HELP

Hello Everyone,

I will be going to Jerusalem Hospital in Mexico on December 12 for my full mommy makeover, I am super excited to be able to finally have the last stages of my body transformation complete.

At my highest weight of 297 lbs I decided I had to make a change so on my own I lost 47 lbs,weighing in at 250 lbs at the time of my sleeve at Jerusalem on November 19th of last year. My results are amazing and I now weigh in at 167.

I am happy with my body other then my breast, so I decided to travel back to Mexico to have the augmentation and lift. I went ahead and scheduled for the full mommy make over because of the price deal, but I am having second thoughts on having the tummy tuck done. I have loose skin on my stomach and thighs, but Its not something that I cant live with. I am worried about having to wear the scar from the surgery for the rest of my life verses some loose skin I can hide in the right clothing (to me they are both just as ugly as the other)

Questions I have for anyone who has had a tummy tuck done at Jerusalem-
    How visible are your scars? How do you like the placement of your scar ( to high/ to low).
    Has anyone had any problems or complications?

I have already bought several kinds of scar reducing creams and oils to use, I have also started taking pills pre op that will help with the healing.

-Looking for any advice to help ease the worries.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Jen
    Surgery date
    12/07/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela Sanchez and Dr. Ismael Cabrera Garcia
    Last Activity
    12-23-2019 03:22 PM
    Live in Northern California; surgery in TJ, Mexico
    Said "Thanks" 31 Times
    Was Thanked 132 Times in 128 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 262 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Surgery date is coming up and the worries are coming on stronger...HELP

Congrats on your significant weight loss!

4. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member mommyducky's Avatar
    Name
    Lee
    Surgery date
    10/31/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Anya Feighin
    Last Activity
    06-24-2017 10:23 AM
    Said "Thanks" 280 Times
    Was Thanked 58 Times in 50 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 58 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Surgery date is coming up and the worries are coming on stronger...HELP

This may not be what you are looking for and I may not be able to help you yet as my surgery is still about week and a half away but I did have a c-section and I have a c-section scar which is very similar to the scar from a tummy tuck. I was told my scar would be the same just longer (go further out towards the sides of my tummy). I can honestly say I would be a little freaked out about this scar just like you are and just like I was when I was recovering from my highly unwanted emergency c-section. But the scar is so tiny, healed so well and does not interfere with me wearing low cut stuff or bikinis or whatever. What does interfere is the pouch I have left over from pregnancy. So to me, having a little longer scar is worth it to remove the extra skin which I don't even has as much of as most (I lost less than 90lbs total in one year). I think the tummy tuck is the way to go but ask me again in a few weeks and we will see haha. But really, I know you may imagine this huge hideous scar (I did too) but if it is really like they say it is then it is nothing! Also, my mom did it and you can hardly see hers! So I am so not worried. I hope this helps if only a little bit. Good luck to you and congrats on your wonderful success! <3
    Lee

There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well and that's be you. Be what you're like. Be like yourself.

Follow my journey visually on youtube:<br>theugleeducklee&#39;s Channel - YouTube

Gastric Sleeve Member ElleMarie's Avatar
    Surgery date
    06/10/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Ortiz
    Last Activity
    09-25-2013 10:07 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 202 Times in 182 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 46 Times

I am five weeks post MMO from Niebles in Mexico. My incision is very long...in my case it is a BETTER scar because they removed three other scars in the process. Yes, it is large, literally it from one hip to the other. RIght now it is ropey and I don't like it BUT the c-section scar was ropey and I didn't like it either but in a couple years it did become softer and lighter. Because there was no urgency in the MMO (c-section was literally life/death and they had to cut QUICK, as was my bowel surgery) they can take their time about where to place the scar. Presurgery they will draw on you and you may discuss the actual scar placement at that time.

Mine (as all I have seen and because I was a medical assistant to a gyn doc) and other I have seen, which are many, looks a bit like a smile. It is higher on the hips then dips into the hair line of the pubis. This is done to minimize the scar. Actually my mom had one done about 8 years ago, her scar is so light you have to look for it.

If you have the mindset that the tummy can be disguised with clothing...so then can the scar. If you are having second thought because of any other reasons, like pain or fear of an additional surgery that should be discussed with the doctor before surgery. In the end, you know YOU, no one else can know the inner workings of your mind. Do what YOU want, no one else need agree, don't allow anyone else to ultimately make your decision.

Good luck!! I know in my case it was the single best decision I have ever made for me besides marrying my wonderful husband and having the sleeve.
    God gave us people to love and things to use, not things to love and people to use.

Visit my blog at: http://laurieunapologetically.blogspot.com/

Banned
    Name
    Christy
    Surgery date
    09/08/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-16-2014 05:35 PM
    Said "Thanks" 645 Times
    Was Thanked 491 Times in 418 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 493 Times
    Blog Entries

I, also, had Dr. Niebles do my tummy tuck (and arms and breasts).
    I surely would never trade my scar for the skin that was hanging down over my you know what when I sat down. A scar fades. The excess skin will be there forever if you keep it. It is your decision, but I am afraid you will regret it if you do not have it done while you have the opportunity. My scar is so low, I can wear a bikini if I wanted to. It is not ropey at all. And, there was hardly any pain as it is numb. The abdominal muscles were sore like I did a lot of sit ups...which, by the way, I can do now without any problems and I had not done a sit up in thirty years prior to my tummy tuck!
    Good luck!!

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    11/11/2010
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    12-27-2015 08:21 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 407 Times in 175 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 42 Times

Quote Originally Posted by tasha12 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I will be going to Jerusalem Hospital in Mexico on December 12 for my full mommy makeover, I am super excited to be able to finally have the last stages of my body transformation complete.

At my highest weight of 297 lbs I decided I had to make a change so on my own I lost 47 lbs,weighing in at 250 lbs at the time of my sleeve at Jerusalem on November 19th of last year. My results are amazing and I now weigh in at 167.

I am happy with my body other then my breast, so I decided to travel back to Mexico to have the augmentation and lift. I went ahead and scheduled for the full mommy make over because of the price deal, but I am having second thoughts on having the tummy tuck done. I have loose skin on my stomach and thighs, but Its not something that I cant live with. I am worried about having to wear the scar from the surgery for the rest of my life verses some loose skin I can hide in the right clothing (to me they are both just as ugly as the other)

Questions I have for anyone who has had a tummy tuck done at Jerusalem-
    How visible are your scars? How do you like the placement of your scar ( to high/ to low).
    Has anyone had any problems or complications?

I have already bought several kinds of scar reducing creams and oils to use, I have also started taking pills pre op that will help with the healing.
    -Looking for any advice to help ease the worries.
    I had my surgery done there and my scar is low and very small. (long but fine, if that makes sense). I know you are past your surgery date and I'm sure you are finding your fears were unfounded. I had great care and was thrilled withe the results. I know you will be too.