Dr.Daniel Harrison
    Last Activity
    05-30-2016 11:16 PM
    Said "Thanks" 22 Times
    Was Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 51 Times
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up prevent hairloss before it strikes

So, I have read that down the road may start losing hair by the handfuls. My sons girlfriend and my cousin included. I myself lost most of my hair last year from my liver abscess journey. {{Went from long down my back, is now shoulder length growing back}
    Anyway, the way 2 prevent this, is to make sure you are getting the protein in that your body needs. You wll not notice a problem til its to late, so just wated to give you a heads up so you don't have the thinning hair issues.
    It took me 6 months to stop my hair from falling out, and it was because I was manly able 2 eat fruit back then. So, now I am paying very close attention to the protein that is going in.
    If your already losing hair, I packed in protein and carrot and apple juice freshly juiced.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Heidi
    Surgery date
    06/27/2012
    Surgeon
    Peter Kelly
    Last Activity
    10-12-2016 10:11 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5 Times

Default Re: prevent hairloss before it strikes

Excellent post! I too am losing hair from not getting enough protein in the beginning. I didn't eat much of anything after my leak and definitely did not get all the recommended protein. I am very fortunate to have REALLY thick hair, so the past two months of hair loss is not showing for me. But I totally agree with your post. GET YOUR PROTEIN in the beginning!! It's such a pain in the butt to clean hair from EVERYWHERE... :-)

Surgery date
    06/13/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Finley
    Last Activity
    10-31-2019 07:56 PM
    Said "Thanks" 300 Times
    Was Thanked 168 Times in 150 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 84 Times
    Blog Entries

Most people will lose their hair no matter what they do. It is not a function of the sleeve surgery -- just ANY surgery. I have taken biotin, vitamins and zinc daily. Always meet the 70+ grams of protein. My hair is long (to my waist) and started coming out by the overloaded brush load about one month ago (month 4). It is now about half the volume and still coming out. Same thing happened when I had my gallbladder surgery in 1999 and my hernia operation in 2001.
    Protein is important for satiety so that you don't overeat your sleeve though, so keep it up!
    Please let me know if you hear of anything that works. I would appreciate it.
    Hugs

7/10: 238lbs,size 3x; 8/11: 221lbs size 22/2x; 6/12 B4 2 day liquid fast: 210 lbs; 6/13/12: 202.6 lbs
    1 month: 185.4 lbs; 2 months: 170 lbs, size 16; 3 months: 162.6 lbs, size 14; 4 months: 151.8 lbs; 5 months: 143.2 lbs, size 10; 6 months: 142.4 lbs stalls suck ; 7 months: 131.2 lbs, size 6 - 8; 9 months 130.2, size 6 - no real loss in 2 months -- Think I am done!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    12/12/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Landerholm
    Last Activity
    02-13-2018 09:44 PM
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Was Thanked 457 Times in 339 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 138 Times

Well, it is a nice idea.... but somepeople lose alot of hair even with the protein, iron, zinc etc. I met monthly with a nutrtionalist and had blood work done regularly - i STILL lost about half my hair. Luckily, I had a lot to lose so it looks pretty okay now! I think as it completes growing back in I am going to start having it thinned out by the hair dresser...lol
    308# 12/1/2011 Start of Preop Diet
    300# 12/12/11 Lapband to Sleeve revision
    158# Feb 2013 - GOAL lost 150# 14 months post op
    150# 10/14/2013 - Plastics Dr Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico; removed 5.5# of skin
    140# Apr 2014 - maintaining 168# weight loss currently. Very happy with my sleeve and plastics results!

Name
    Diane
    Surgery date
    11/06/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr.Daniel Harrison
    Last Activity
    05-30-2016 11:16 PM
    Said "Thanks" 22 Times
    Was Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 51 Times
    Blog Entries

I hadlost most of my hair from the liver abscess and hair was down my back...I started juicing carrots apples beets greens cuz a friend told meit would help it grow and seems it did.
    Doc told me to make sure I get my protein in so I don't get an instant replay, but mine was rolling accross the floor like tumble weeds and when I washed my hair, my hands were full of hair.
    I'm trying hard 2 get protein in. And also juicing organics for a rounded diet.

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents