Last Activity
    11-08-2013 08:57 PM
    Said "Thanks" 16 Times
    Was Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Something is Wrong with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy825 View Post
    I had doubts for almost a year. In Nove 2011 I weighed 303 pounds and 4 months later I decided it was time for me to get this thing in gear and start a new life. I had surgery on June 12 I weighed 283 pounds I am now down 195 and I the happiest I have ever been. The last time I weighed under 200 was when I gave birth to my first child that was 27 years ago!. Do not doubt yourself, that is a mistake. Take it one day at a time listen to the people on this board they have been through up and downs and struggles and pulled out okay! You will be just fine. Make another appointment go and ask as many questions as you can. Your mind and your body will let you know when it is your time to change your life. Your foot is in the door, don't swing and go the other way...go through YOU WILL BE AMAZED ON HOW YOU WILL FEEL POST OP!!! LOVING MY SLEEVE!!!! KEEP US UPDATED.
    Just what I needed to hear! I won't give up and so glad you didn't and are doing so well! I plan to go Nov 12th! I will keep you all posted. Thanks again!
    "It's ALL Good!"

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Nita
    Surgery date
    10/08/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Anderson
    Last Activity
    01-02-2017 03:56 PM
    Said "Thanks" 21 Times
    Was Thanked 57 Times in 52 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 74 Times
    Blog Entries

I wish I fit underneath the bed, ah those were the days! ha ha. Thanks for sharing your journey and sounds like it all worked out the way it was suppossed too. I appreciate you sharing this, something to keep in mind on my journey. If you have a "regular" psychiatrist can you go to them for the approval? Thanks!

The first jerk didn't care I saw someone on a regular basis the second one did !

Name
    Lori
    Surgery date
    12/04/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Carauna
    Last Activity
    08-02-2014 06:21 PM
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Was Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 106 Times
    Blog Entries

I'm waiting for insurance approval now and am nervous as can be. I'm so ready for this I just hope I don't have to endure the disappointment of not getting approved. Keep me posted on your progress. Best wishes
    Lori

5. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Savagels650's Avatar
    Name
    Sheryl
    Surgery date
    02/11/2013
    Surgeon
    Sergio Quinones
    Said "Thanks" 46 Times
    Was Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 347 Times
    Blog Entries

Everyone's comments are so encouraging and helpful and sweet. I will be anxious to read of your joy and happiness, too, when you are able to be one of the many that takes this incredible opportunity for a new life! Feel the love! ttyl, sheryl

7. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    10/17/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Almanza
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Oh my goodness, as I read the threads, it seemed as if all of u, became my sisters and brothers. We have truly worn the same shoes at one point or another. I chickened out to the point, I barely made it to the airport for my flight bcuz I was too afraid and kept coming up with a Illinois excuses

I am 6 days post op and EXTREMELY HAPPY that I went ahead with the surgery. I am still a lil uncomfortable, but I welcome it. It just shows me that change is on the way.

I am holding your hand while u muster up the courage to start the journey, of becoming the confident you, that has had to hide behind the weight.

We r all here to help u through. We r sleeves for life.

9. Said thanks:

10. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Harts4you's Avatar
    Name
    Patti
    Surgery date
    11/29/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Jose Rodriguez
    Last Activity
    12-16-2018 10:26 PM
    Said "Thanks" 119 Times
    Was Thanked 74 Times in 72 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,411 Times
    Blog Entries

Dan, I'm so sorry you had this trouble, but thank you so much for posting about it. What a great group of people we have on this forum!! What great advise from everyone. I'm bookmarking this thread for when I'm having my doubts. Everyone here is so wonderful and helpful and I thank you all. And Dan, just
    remember that God is always with you. When I had surgery on my ankle in early September, I was saying, ok, it's me and you Lord as they rolled me into surgery. Please also rememer that He wants the Best for you. I'm praying for you. <<<Hugs>>> Patti

" Eating is no longer my favorite hobby. Eating is for living."

All time high 267 pounds
    Weight Pre Surgery 250 pounds
    Day of Surgery 243 pounds ///// 10 months out 181 pounds
    1st Day Home 250 pounds
    6 weeks out 225 pounds
    8 weeks out 217 pounds
    12 weeks out 208 pounds

12. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member itsallgood's Avatar
    Name
    Thrilla Gorilla
    Surgery date
    02/18/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Joshua Steiner
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 16 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dranga1 View Post
    I'm waiting for insurance approval now and am nervous as can be. I'm so ready for this I just hope I don't have to endure the disappointment of not getting approved. Keep me posted on your progress. Best wishes
    I have fingers crossed you get approved. Oh please keep us posted. I haven't gotten that far yet. So right now, we will cheer you on for approval.
    "It's ALL Good!"

Name
    Thrilla Gorilla
    Surgery date
    02/18/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Joshua Steiner
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 16 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Savagels650 View Post
    Everyone's comments are so encouraging and helpful and sweet. I will be anxious to read of your joy and happiness, too, when you are able to be one of the many that takes this incredible opportunity for a new life! Feel the love! ttyl, sheryl
    I couldn't agree more, the folks on this thread and surely on the site, are amazing. So kind, so encouraging, SO Supportive. It's a shame there not a site like there out there for Every day. Maybe there is. Regardless, these people are the BEST. I feel so blessed to be here and to have met such genuine heartfelt friends. Thank you and Everyone!
    "It's ALL Good!"

Name
    Thrilla Gorilla
    Surgery date
    02/18/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Joshua Steiner
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 16 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Band2006needsleeve2012 View Post
    Oh my goodness, as I read the threads, it seemed as if all of u, became my sisters and brothers. We have truly worn the same shoes at one point or another. I chickened out to the point, I barely made it to the airport for my flight bcuz I was too afraid and kept coming up with a Illinois excuses

I am 6 days post op and EXTREMELY HAPPY that I went ahead with the surgery. I am still a lil uncomfortable, but I welcome it. It just shows me that change is on the way.

I am holding your hand while u muster up the courage to start the journey, of becoming the confident you, that has had to hide behind the weight.

We r all here to help u through. We r sleeves for life.
    Congratulations!!!!! And, Thank You! Isn't the thread amazing, everyone is just so great on this site. Wonderful is just what describes everyone. I LOVE it here! I agree, we are forming a bond that is for life. But I will take it one day at a time. Thank you again, Congrats and Keep up your hard work!
    "It's ALL Good!"

Name
    Thrilla Gorilla
    Surgery date
    02/18/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Joshua Steiner
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 16 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Harts4you View Post
    Dan, I'm so sorry you had this trouble, but thank you so much for posting about it. What a great group of people we have on this forum!! What great advise from everyone. I'm bookmarking this thread for when I'm having my doubts. Everyone here is so wonderful and helpful and I thank you all. And Dan, just
    remember that God is always with you. When I had surgery on my ankle in early September, I was saying, ok, it's me and you Lord as they rolled me into surgery. Please also rememer that He wants the Best for you. I'm praying for you. <<<Hugs>>> Patti
    Thanks Patty, I couldn't agree with you more on all fronts. I am very spiritual in nature too. I have to trust God period. His will not mine be done. So, it will all work out the way he wants it too. That's how I have always believed and it's always worked out well for me. :") Thanks again, you contribute to the site just like all those other wonderful individuals that make this the most supportive site ever. I feel so connected and lucky to have found it! Thanks!
    "It's ALL Good!"