Dr. Ariel Ortiz
    Last Activity
    03-21-2014 01:26 PM
    Said "Thanks" 20 Times
    Was Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: aeriel ortiz

My daughter and I had our sleeves down by Dr. Ariel Ortiz in August 2011. The day we decided to call to arrange our surgeries, Dr. Ortiz was named one of the top 15 bariactric surgeons by Newsweek magazine. (July 22, 2011) He travels around teaching and speaking at conferences and at the time of my surgery had performed over 10,000.

He and his staff are amazing. Part of the surgical fee was our stay at the Marriott Hotel. We left Tijuana feeling like we had been treated like royalty. Even by the cab driver who graciously drove us to the coast so three Canadian girls could see the beach. Dr. Ortiz was very caring and thorough. He discovered I had a hietal hernia and repaired it before doing my sleeve. No extra charge. (Sleep Apnea gone!)

I have lost 105 pounds and my daughter has lost 141. Good luck in your decision.

Gastric Sleeve Member dogs&cats's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Kelly
    Surgery date
    07/16/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ariel Ortiz
    Last Activity
    07-19-2014 01:46 AM
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 90 Times

My surgeon was Dr. Ariel Ortiz. I would send anyone to him and I was very well looked after. The nursing staff is excellent, and I never had to ring for the nurse because they checked in on me so often! Dr. Ortiz is very friendly and personable with perfect English and one of his surgeons is on call and at the center 24/7. They have a cardiologist on staff who evaluates you prior to surgery - he did an EKG. They also have a nutritionist who is a Dr who meets with you prior to surgery. The center takes up one floor of a modern office type building with secure parking underground for the hotel shuttles to bring you in and up in a secured elevator. There are about 6 hospital rooms - all private with washrooms at the end of the hallway and the place is spotless. Anyone entering has to wear shoe covers. I stayed one night and was discharged back to the Marriot hotel (very nice) the next morning. I got in the hotel shuttle van daily for the next two days that took me back to the center for check ups. On day # 3 the removed the drainage tube and one of the surgeons did the leak test which you can watch on an overhead monitor. I had no nausea or vomitting, very little pain or gas and didn't have to pace or walk like most others report. He used a #32 bougie, providing good restriction but I can still drink well. Now 3 months later I do have some acid reflux and take medication for that but it's very common to have for awhile after this type of surgery. The center also sends you weekly email surveys to fill out for the first few weeks then monthly after that asking how you are doing etc. I was very pleased with Dr. Ortiz and the OCC.

5. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    09-05-2013 08:03 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

thanls for the re[ly