Dr. Ramos-Kelly
    Last Activity
    08-13-2013 07:26 AM
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: Who's done sleeve with Mexico Bariatric Center

Quote Originally Posted by pittsaroo View Post
    fattycakes, thank you for your reply. I see that you had surgery with Dr. Ramos-Kelly. Could you please give me any suggestions. I thought that I was scheduling directly with his office. Christy is the lady that I have been dealing with. I was under the impression that this was his assistant who scheduled for him. Would you be willing to give me some guidance as to what to do and let me know how your experience was? I am confused about this whole process.
    Thank you,
    Jayme
    I scheduled with his personal assitant Laura. Mexico bariatrics is just a brokerage. you can call his office directly. 619 793 4869 is his office. They were great, his wife was who picked me up from the hospital!!! They even came to visit me everyday at the hotel. On the last day his wife took me shopping before we went to the airport. It was an awesome trip...felt like a mini vacation. Mexicobariatrics schedules for lots of doctors and bid out the operating rooms and hospitals to the lowest bidder (hospital Mi) dr. Kelly uses the hospital Oasis for his personal patients. Also, Dr. Kelly NEVER asked me for a deposit...ever!!! I brought the money with me in the form of a cashiers check the day of surgery. Id rather go straight to the surgeon then pay money to one of the coordinators.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Jayme
    Surgery date
    05/22/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ricardo Ramos Kelly
    Last Activity
    06-11-2013 02:37 PM
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

What did your package include? Did it include hotel and everything and how many days did you have to stay in Mexico? Also, did you have somebody go with you? My husband is coming with me and I was wondering about places for him to get his meals and things he might need. Thanks you for your great information.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Deborah Pitt
    Surgery date
    01/16/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ramos-Kelly
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times

What did your package include? Did it include hotel and everything and how many days did you have to stay in Mexico? Also, did you have somebody go with you? My husband is coming with me and I was wondering about places for him to get his meals and things he might need. Thanks you for your great information.
    I had mine at The Oasis hospital (Dr. Kelly's home base) It included transportation to and from the airport, 2 nights in the hospital and 2 nights at the Hotel Lucerna...which is like a resort!!! and it included everything for my husband as well. They fed him in the hospital and there was resturants; 3 of them in the hotel. Dr. Kelly and his wife took us out to dinner one of those nights. it was awesome. I am sure you will get the same kind of care from Dr. Kelly regardless who you book through....i just booked through him because I think its unfair coordinators get paid more money than the doctor makes. out of that 5200 you send the coodinators, the doctor probably only sees 1,000 I bet...thats a shame.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    07-28-2016 04:16 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I had the gastric sleeve about 12 days ago in Tijuana with Drs. Cabrera and Valenzuela with Dr. Garcia assisting. Everything went fine. I felt great. No signigicant pain, no nausea, no vomiting. The worst thing was boredom in the hospital because I so good. The staff was very attentive, competant and spoke excellent English. The hopital was clean and seemed well equiped. I stayed at the Tijuana Marriott. The accomodations were beautiful and the service was impeccable. The neighborhood seemed very safe and I walked half a mile every day to the local Walmart and grocery store.

Name
    Danays
    Surgery date
    04/24/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Quinones Sergio
    Last Activity
    05-24-2013 10:04 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4 Times
    Blog Entries

Im having mine done by Dr Sergio quinones, search a lot before u make your decision. Good Luck

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Dennis
    Surgery date
    11/21/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Ariel Ortiz
    Last Activity
    09-03-2014 12:51 PM
    Said "Thanks" 84 Times
    Was Thanked 38 Times in 37 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 214 Times
    Blog Entries

I had mine done at the Obesity Control Center in TJ with Dr Ariel Ortiz. The price was $6500.00, it was more than most of the others but Dr Ortiz was rated by Newsweek as one of the top 15 bariatric surgeons in the world, so I was more comfortable with him and his facilities. The price included everything but the airfare.

Name
    leo (nickname)
    Surgery date
    03/04/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Kelly
    Last Activity
    09-25-2013 04:47 AM
    Said "Thanks" 12 Times
    Was Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries

I just had surgery on Monday with Dr. Kelly. I had some complications *bleeding disorder) but they were prepared for them and did an excellent job. He and other colleagues were concerned about me and tried to adjust my medication to bring max benefit with fewer side effects. It turned out that I was in withdrawl from my medications and so once I took them, it was all gravy.
    I don't know if it is normal but I got a bill for other services that i thought were just part of the deal. I arrived with a fever so they treated that before the surgery and also due to my temp, heart rate, etc. they kept me in hospital for an extra day. We weren't told that we'd have to pay for that and for medicines not typical such as the meds I needed for clotting. I figured that It would even out - one extra day in hospital, one less day at La Lucerna. I was just not prepared for the amount! But I recommend them still, they did a very skilled job with me and I'm enjoying my time here at the hotel.

Take care everyone and stay safe!

10. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Jayme
    Surgery date
    05/22/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ricardo Ramos Kelly
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times

Quote Originally Posted by leo39 View Post
    I just had surgery on Monday with Dr. Kelly. I had some complications *bleeding disorder) but they were prepared for them and did an excellent job. He and other colleagues were concerned about me and tried to adjust my medication to bring max benefit with fewer side effects. It turned out that I was in withdrawl from my medications and so once I took them, it was all gravy.
    I don't know if it is normal but I got a bill for other services that i thought were just part of the deal. I arrived with a fever so they treated that before the surgery and also due to my temp, heart rate, etc. they kept me in hospital for an extra day. We weren't told that we'd have to pay for that and for medicines not typical such as the meds I needed for clotting. I figured that It would even out - one extra day in hospital, one less day at La Lucerna. I was just not prepared for the amount! But I recommend them still, they did a very skilled job with me and I'm enjoying my time here at the hotel.

That is a big fear of mine. I am very worried that I will have a complication and owe a large sum of money. I don't have the money to be paying thousands of extra dollars and what happens if you don't have the money to pay for the extras? Thanks for your information.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Deborah Pitt
    Surgery date
    01/16/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ramos-Kelly
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times

MOST people do not have complications that require extra money, if you know that you have medical complications then you might owe more. NO surgery can be predicted....not even in the US or Canada. We try our best to keep true to our word, however...complications do happen when you have other medical issues.
    That is a big fear of mine. I am very worried that I will have a complication and owe a large sum of money. I don't have the money to be paying thousands of extra dollars and what happens if you don't have the money to pay for the extras? Thanks for your information.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Jayme
    Surgery date
    05/22/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ricardo Ramos Kelly
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times

Fattycakes, do you work for any of the doctors or are you just a patient? In your last quote you said "we" try our best to keep true to 'our" word. I was just wondering because you went to the same surgeon that I am going to.
    I also understand that there is always a risk for complications no matter which country you are in. I believe that I will be in good hands - I would worry the same even if I were having surgery in the states and paying out of pocket. This is a new process for me and I always worry about things like this.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fattycakes View Post
    MOST people do not have complications that require extra money, if you know that you have medical complications then you might owe more. NO surgery can be predicted....not even in the US or Canada. We try our best to keep true to our word, however...complications do happen when you have other medical issues.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Deborah Pitt
    Surgery date
    01/16/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ramos-Kelly
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times

No I just had surgery with him and it was a typo. they do try to keep their word but if you have a problem then how can you not expect to pay more. She said she showed up sick and they had to treat her for being sick, that wasn't part of the plan or surgery cost. she said she stayed an extra day in the hospital, that wasn't a part of the deal either was it? Just defendingh a doctor I have faith in. How many days in the hospital did she stay and how many did she pay for? it is unfair for her to post such untrue things. that is what i am saying. she paid for 2 night in hospital and 2 nights in a hotel. We all know hospitals cost more than hotels. and she said she has bleeding problems. sounds like she had a lot of problems to begin with and maybe shouldn't of had the surgery.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Deborah Pitt
    Surgery date
    01/16/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ramos-Kelly
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times

I was afraid to pittsaroo. My husband was afraid they were going to take a kidney or something. I came home just fine with both my kidneys and I never paid a dime extra. (maybe because they got paid for my 1 kidney the sold)

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Deborah Pitt
    Surgery date
    01/16/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ramos-Kelly
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times

Quote Originally Posted by leo39 View Post

Just curiosity, how much extra did you have to pay? Let's be honest...it seems to me you got ALOT of extra care, how much did that cost? and from what i get from your message 4 nights in the hospital.....

Name
    leo (nickname)
    Surgery date
    03/04/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Kelly
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 12 Times
    Blog Entries

Hi
    Can I please clarify? I said a few times that Dr. Kelly and the rest of the staff were skilled and prepared and did an excellent job. I of course understand that arriving sick (we got sick on the plane, go figure) was not part of the plan. My health profile was fully disclosed from the beginning so there were no surprises that way . I can't object to the charges (and I didn't say I objected), just that they weren't explained to me in advance, until we got the bill.
    I would recommend Dr. Kelly, I chose him because of his skill and his understanding of my health profile/experience.

Name
    leo (nickname)
    Surgery date
    03/04/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Kelly
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 12 Times
    Blog Entries

Pitts it was around $400 so not thousands, not to worry.

19. Said thanks: