Last Activity
    10-17-2016 08:04 PM
    Said "Thanks" 195 Times
    Was Thanked 375 Times in 289 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Who's done sleeve with Mexico Bariatric Center

Quote Originally Posted by dbarnes7 View Post
    Would you recommend for someone to got to Dr Almanza? Someone that is VERY nervous about going to Mexico for surgery?
    I would highly recommend Dr. Quinones, I had surgery with him on Oct. 5th and he was amazing. He does at the most 5 surgeries a day...which I really liked being that it was my first time ever being out of the country, and I ended up having to go alone. The doctor spoke perfect English, and the facility was very clean. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    03/18/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Dietrick
    Last Activity
    06-10-2013 02:57 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 242 Times

Good afternoon, I curious what program you are you going through, I love that price drop and how was it before the drop? Thanks

Gastric Sleeve Member Evesangel23's Avatar
    Name
    Crystal
    Surgery date
    01/09/2013
    Surgeon
    DR. Lopez
    Last Activity
    04-22-2013 11:59 AM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries

I am having my surgery with Dr. Lopez I am so glad to see someone else that has used him. I am excited and confident on my choice of doctor and thank u for your post it makes me feel even better.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgeon
    dr illan
    Last Activity
    02-07-2014 08:39 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Hi i found out that mbc does not do business the correct way he says that hes with dr lopez but is not he is relativly new at the coordinator thing.i found out by someone he used to work for..they told me to either go to ready4achange or alighterme.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    11/16/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Alexandro lopez
    Last Activity
    11-21-2013 09:22 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Well, I had my surgery through Mexico Bariatric Center and I had my surgery done by Dr. Lopez. I am totally pleased with my surgery. And I am especially happy with Mexico Bariatric Center. Right from my first email to them I have felt like I made the right choice going through them. Their support right from Day 1 has been amazing and continues today, 6 weeks after surgery. Not sure how 'new' they are with the Coordinator service; maybe that's why Ron had so much enthusiasm in my journey. And that's not a bad thing
    Patti

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member BigGeorge's Avatar
    Name
    George T
    Surgery date
    10/11/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Liza Pompa
    Last Activity
    08-15-2013 12:58 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Liza Pompa in TJ, Mexico. I highly recommend her.

Great website too. They don't promote through 3rd parties so you wont see her name on this site much if at all but she works with a Canadian group that refer all their patients to her. I think that group is called Weight Loss Forever. Price was slightly more than the bargain doctors out there but it was well worth it.

LIMARP - Welcome

Good Luck!
    Life is short: break the 'rules', forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile.

“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” ― John Wesley

Gastric Sleeve Member Toomuchme's Avatar
    Name
    Holly
    Surgery date
    11/08/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Alejandro Lopez
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 12 Times

I was really happy with Mexico Bariatrics. I had surgery November 9, 2012 and had a great experience. I did have surgery with Dr. Lopez but I know they represent other doctors as well. I traveled to TJ by myself to have surgery and I never felt alone with Mexico Bariatrics. They checked on me frequently and made sure everything went well. They were great before, during and after my surgery. Christy sincerely cares about people...she's not just concerned about making a sale. Initially I had reservations since they had not been in business as long as some of the others, but I decided to go with them and I have absolutely no regrets. I would highly recomend Mexico Bariatrics! If anyone would like to PM me, I'd be happy to share the details of my experience.

Name
    leo (nickname)
    Surgery date
    03/04/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Kelly
    Last Activity
    09-25-2013 04:47 AM
    Said "Thanks" 12 Times
    Was Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hi there, apparently Cabrera and Louisiana won some kind of best overall service team award for 2012. Both were trained by the best and have done around 2000 sleeves. I haven't read complaints about them and the hospital and care is top notch....so I've heard. I'm going with them in March! So hopefully we are both right

Gastric Sleeve Member itsmytime's Avatar
    Name
    Misty
    Surgery date
    02/03/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    12-23-2016 11:16 PM
    Said "Thanks" 73 Times
    Was Thanked 236 Times in 213 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 154 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigGeorge View Post
    I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Liza Pompa in TJ, Mexico. I highly recommend her.

Great website too. They don't promote through 3rd parties so you wont see her name on this site much if at all but she works with a Canadian group that refer all their patients to her. I think that group is called Weight Loss Forever. Price was slightly more than the bargain doctors out there but it was well worth it.

LIMARP - Welcome

Good Luck!
    Hello there. A few years ago over on ObesityHelp some members reported having hour glass shaped sleeves done by Dr. Pompa. They said she made large sleeves. Some of them had to go to Dr. Aceves or other doctors for revisions. I'm guessing she's gotten better at it and is creating her sleeves smaller/tighter. I have never recommended her in the past based on these experiences but I'm willing to change my mind. I get a LOT of questions regarding Mexico surgeons through Facebook and other sites. But since those reports of large/improperly done sleeves were several years ago I'm willing to change my mind.
    So I have got to ask. What size bougie did she use on you? How is your restriction level? Sounds like she's gotten better over time. I'm really glad to hear that.

Starting BMI 2/3/2012 - 38
    Goal BMI-24! REACHED and BELOW!! 10/2012 Current BMI 21.0!
    The best goals reached are the ones hardest earned.

Name
    leo (nickname)
    Surgery date
    03/04/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Kelly
    Last Activity
    09-25-2013 04:47 AM
    Said "Thanks" 12 Times
    Was Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm going with Dr Kelly who is also a bit higher than some in Mexico, for good reasons. He does 2 sleeves a day, max, and not because he doesn't have the business. I have adhesions and a platelet defect and he is experienced with both so i feel confident. I asked him about his bougie an he uses a 34 which is on the smaller side. He also does a few things that he finds effective that he's learned over the years that sounded so logical and sensible to me. I ended up choosing him over Drs Cabrera/Louisana because they seemed nervous about my health profile in spite of a fairly low BMI (as compared to many who get the sleeve) and no co-morbidities. Dr. Kelly just has more knowledge and experience. I'm sure most in Mexico who only do bariatrics will provide patients with excellent care, it is all about your comfort level with them.
    Re: The Bougie, I was nervous about the smaller size - my biggest fear was not being able to keep anything down - but he convinced me that tighter is better so long as its done properly. A 34 is not the smallest you can go but its definitely on the smaller tighter side and he backs that strongly with alot of evidence in his own practice.
    I will post here after my surgery which is March 4th to let everyone know my experience. I look for ward to reading all about everyone else's! Wishing good health

Best of luck

13. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member christine53's Avatar
    Surgery date
    03/15/2013
    Surgeon
    Alejandro Lopez
    Last Activity
    03-01-2015 10:24 PM
    Said "Thanks" 84 Times
    Was Thanked 229 Times in 213 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 162 Times
    Blog Entries

For me going to Mexico is saving 10,000 and I'm using "alighterme' which have been great to work with. I go to mexico all the time anyway so I am confortable with the Country. I love it. :O)

Gastric Sleeve Member breastcancermedic's Avatar
    Surgery date
    01/21/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Jaime Ramos-Kelly
    Last Activity
    10-20-2013 10:29 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times
    Blog Entries

I went threw them and had Dr. Kelly I had an amazing experencie and bed side manner a d english is top notch.

16. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Jayme
    Surgery date
    05/22/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ricardo Ramos Kelly
    Last Activity
    06-11-2013 02:37 PM
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times

I am just in the scheduling process for Gastric Sleeve with Dr Kelly at the Mexico Bariatric Center. Could you please tell me how you made payments to them. They have me sending deposit and payment to a different company and I am just a little worried about sending them money before my surgery. If you could please let me know how your process went - I would appreciate it very much. Good luck with your surgery and please get us posted!!!!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Deborah Pitt
    Surgery date
    01/16/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ramos-Kelly
    Last Activity
    08-13-2013 07:26 AM
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Jayme, you can schedule directly with him his office number is 619 793 4869 mexicobariatrics is just a surgeon warehouse. They arent a clinic or doctors or anything. read the fine printing. Dr. kelly charges 300 more but you also have your surgery in a real hospital not at the Mi clinic.

19. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Jayme
    Surgery date
    05/22/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ricardo Ramos Kelly
    Last Activity
    06-11-2013 02:37 PM
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times

fattycakes, thank you for your reply. I see that you had surgery with Dr. Ramos-Kelly. Could you please give me any suggestions. I thought that I was scheduling directly with his office. Christy is the lady that I have been dealing with. I was under the impression that this was his assistant who scheduled for him. Would you be willing to give me some guidance as to what to do and let me know how your experience was? I am confused about this whole process.
    Thank you,
    Jayme