04/12/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Robert Zane
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 69 Times in 51 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 25 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Only lost 50 lbs after a year

Everybody's metabolism is different. I had my gastric sleeve on April 14. By the time I got home from the hospital I had lost 13 pounds and I have only lost one pound since then. I had the sleeve because even eating only 600 calories a day, I didn't loose weight. In my pre-op classes they said that you lose more weight quickly with the gastric by-pass, but after 5 years the total amount of weight you lose is the same between the two types of surgery. I'm sure I will lose more, but right now I'm just happy I lost anything.

Good luck and hang in there!:

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Grace
    Surgery date
    08/22/2011
    Surgeon
    Portsmouth Regional Hosp
    Said "Thanks" 919 Times
    Was Thanked 1,296 Times in 1,005 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5,008 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Only lost 50 lbs after a year

I'll truly be happy with 50 lbs in a year. I figure if I don't have this done, in 5 yrs I'll just be 50 lbs heavier. So, if I lose 150 in 5 yrs I'm doing well
    Wondering if your thyroid might be an issue? Just a thought. I couldnt lose even an ounce eating 600 cal for years until I found a great endo who worked with me to get my TSH down below .5 , the common "ok" TSH is up to 4 but I didn't start losing until we got me under 1. It took 4 yrs of playing with doses but it's working. Losing weight changes our thyroid function sometimes. Just wondering if it might be worth the test?
    I think you have a great attitude and it will start coming off again soon. Hi Ho Protein! Away
    Best NSV - fitting on a kid's amusement park ride with my 4 yr old grandson!
    CFIDS =Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) Also dx with post-bariatric reactive hypoglycemia; and chronic gastritis (both sleeve complications). Permanently disabled.
    Start weight 335, down to 218, up during gastritis. Have accepted there is no way to lose it with my hypoglycemia. Current weight 260. Currently doing 10 day sleeve reset and determined to get back down to my post surgical weight or close to it.