Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    07-18-2021 07:19 AM
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Was Thanked 32 Times in 23 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 97 Times
    Blog Entries

Default I regret it!!!

I regret it so much... Getting sleeved was the biggest mistake in my life!
    I am now 3 weeks post op. I am doing everything I was told but I do not loose any weight!!! I lost 10 pounds the first 2 weeks after surgery and now nothing.
    I miss food so much. I feel bad all the time. It makes me sad to know that I will feel this way my whole life! What have I done to myself. I can't believe that it is getting better. If I would lose weight that would help with the feelings, but I don't.
    I liked my life before the sleeve much better than I do now. I was healthy - besides being obese- I could do everything I want. And now I have no energy to do the simple things in life.
    Sorry for ranting, but I really don't feel good.
    ;(

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    02/01/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Zelada Getty
    Last Activity
    06-21-2013 02:55 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: I regret it!!!

I am real sorry that you are going through this. I felt like you did the first couple of days. I am 7 months out and here to tell you if you hang on you will not regret it. Please don't watch the scale it will trick you. The scale is your enemy. Measure your waist, arms and legs. Then you go by the inches you lose. That won't lie to you. And 3 weeks out it is normal to stall. I did. Please don't give up. I am below my goal weight. You can do this. I know it is hard to imagine but I believe if I can do it so can you. Just hold on for the ride. Find something else that you can do that will make you happy. And please maker sure you are getting all your protein in, cause if you don't then you won't have any energy. I do know how hard it is to see that it will get better. I used to have people tell me that to and was like ya right,,,,,but it does. Hold on.

Gastric Sleeve Member Annabanana's Avatar
    Surgery date
    10/01/2012
    Surgeon
    Arvidsson
    Last Activity
    11-07-2012 08:48 AM
    Said "Thanks" 32 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

That is my biggest fear - that I regret after I had the surgery. I do hope, that you somehow will be happy again.

Kind regards
    Anna
    Move little turtle....MOVE!!

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Letizia (LOL)
    Surgery date
    09/18/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Jorge Acosta
    Last Activity
    04-18-2013 02:52 PM
    Said "Thanks" 188 Times
    Was Thanked 153 Times in 149 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,066 Times
    Blog Entries

Its okay to vent and let your frustrations out. I can't blame you I'm getting mine in 2 wks. Why don't you talk to your doc or his staff. Yesterday Debra(my doc nurse) told me that after surgery is best to drink room tempeture water and not to put ice on the shake since is harder to keep down. You lost some weight it took me a month to loose 5 lbs. before I did a protein diet that yes I lost a lot but gain it back and more. Stay positive don't give up.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    03/01/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    03-24-2016 07:34 PM
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 86 Times in 80 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 100 Times
    Blog Entries

Oh my....I'm sorry you feel so bad. I hope things start going better and you don't regret your decision anymore. I'm sure you will get out of your stall soon.keep your chin up...and you ll be able to east somethings again just in moderation. I haven't had mine yet, but I hope things gets better soon. Hugzzzz

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Elaine
    Surgery date
    08/21/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Mike Sofronski
    Last Activity
    05-15-2013 01:02 PM
    Said "Thanks" 18 Times
    Was Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,859 Times
    Blog Entries

I am so sorry you feel so bad. I am 15 days out and have lost 13-16 lbs depending on the time of day I weigh myself. I understand the energy level problems. Hopefully you will feel better soon. All I hear is to make sure I am drinking plenty of fluids and getting my protein in. Do you drink the protein shakes? I am sure you will see you are not alone and there are alot of people who have felt or feel the way you do right now. Hang in there and hopefully things will change and you will feel a whole lot better about the experience.
    278 was my starting weight before my Lapband in July 2008
    199 was my lowest weight with Lapband as of July 2009
    79 lbs was my total weight lost with Lapband.
    59 lbs was the amount I allowed myself to put back on in 3 years before I said "this has to stop!"

Gastric Sleeve Member aclabombard13's Avatar
    Name
    Angela
    Surgery date
    05/24/2012
    Surgeon
    Terence Clarke MD
    Last Activity
    09-02-2013 09:43 PM
    Said "Thanks" 167 Times
    Was Thanked 275 Times in 236 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 150 Times
    Blog Entries

Oh sweety.... I promise it's too early to truly regret this surgery. I stalled on my weight loss at day 10 and didn't lose anything for 14 solid days. But here I am nearly 15 weeks out and have lost 59lbs since surgery and 89lbs since my pre-op diet. In the beginning I definitely had moments of doubt... I have had several stalls (I think I'm starting my 6th one) but over all my weight loss is beyond my expectations and I couldn't be happier. You won't feel like this forever I promise. Once you can start to eat solids and figure our your sleeve you'll feel a lot better. And when you really start to see a new you in the mirror and have energy and confidence it will all be worth it. My journey hasn't been as easy as a lot of others.... I'm not one of the lucky one's who can eat anything, but I don't care! I am loving the new me and look forward to each day and month to come. You will too... just hang in there. It's hard the first month or two. I swear that a switch flipped on my sleeve at month 3. My sleeve has been much more welcoming to food. I feel so good. It's not always easy, but it's worth it for sure.

Trip to NYC Dec 1, 2011 - around 270 if I had to guess
    PCP Appt. March 1, 2012 - 260 lbs
    Bariatrics March 23, 2012 - 257lbs
    Day of Surgery May 24, 2012 - 230lbs
    39 Days Post-Op July 2, 2012 - 199lbs
    247 Days Post-Op January 25, 2013 - 135lbs GOAL

"I'd rather LIVE my life than EAT it!"

10. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    01/09/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Lautz
    Last Activity
    02-09-2015 07:21 PM
    Said "Thanks" 154 Times
    Was Thanked 299 Times in 286 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 76 Times
    Blog Entries

So sorry you are having a hard time. I think a lot of us miss food so much at the beginning after surgery. It was like losing a reliable best friend. I hope it gets better for you.

As for the energy level, it should come back. I was very tired the first months after surgery. Are you taking b12 and multi vitamins? Make sure you get enough protein shake in.
    (Goal!!! Maintenance Lane!)

• Reduce calories intake for weightloss.
    • Exercise for heart health, mental health and weight maintenance.
    • Make realistic goals.
    • Never give up.

Gastric Sleeve Member Indiangivr's Avatar
    Name
    Mary
    Surgery date
    07/11/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Joya
    Last Activity
    01-11-2014 07:08 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 900 Times
    Blog Entries

I stopped losing at week 2-3 and had a stall that lasted 3 weeks, then suddenly almost overnight I lost 14 pounds. I understand how you feel. Once I started losing again I felt much better - easier when you can see results! I hope you start feeling better soon
    That which does not kill you makes you stronger.....

Surgery date
    10/31/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Lomenzo
    Said "Thanks" 195 Times
    Was Thanked 213 Times in 182 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 24 Times

I have seen a lot of people make similar posts to yours on these forums, so don't think you're alone! I'm sorry you're not feeling well, and are discouraged about your weight. If it helps, a lot of people experience a stall in their weight loss 2, 3 or 4 weeks after surgery. I personally did not stall until I was 4-5 months out, and for me personally since then, my weight loss has slowed to a crawl, while I see others still chugging along and losing 2-3 pounds a week.

Weighing yourself every day you will see constant fluctuations -- this is normal! You may even go up a few pounds within 24 hours. That's just your body retaining fluid and shifting things around! Considering how little we're physically able to eat right after surgery, it is NOT physically possible for us to gain 5 pounds after just one day, so don't pay any attention to the the daily flux!

I know it's really hard right now, but trust me, it DOES get better. I was miserable the first 2 weeks after surgery because I had to live on 1/4 cup of yogurt at a time, or tomato soup with protein powder mixed in, and of course protein shakes, and thought I was going to die from the lack of variety. I was also extra tired for a few weeks after surgery, but in my case that was the effects of the anesthesia -- it can cause fatigue in some people for a few weeks after a major operation like the sleeve! I promise if you follow your plan and keep moving (try walking slowly every day for a bit at a time), you will eventually feel much better and have tons more energy. Good luck!
    Free Weight Loss Tickers at Weight Loss Center

Pre-Op Diet: Didn't lose any weight!
    Morning of surgery: 2 2 0

14. Said thanks:

Name
    Tina
    Surgery date
    04/02/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Robert li
    Last Activity
    04-09-2013 07:54 PM
    Said "Thanks" 248 Times
    Was Thanked 61 Times in 59 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2,883 Times
    Blog Entries

Hi Tina my name is Tina too! It gets a lot better. Your body is playing catch up. Its been through a lot. Its trying to heal up. Your hormones are all over the place. How many calories are you eating a day? Sometimes when your not eating enough calories it causes a stall too. Eating your protein first and drinking your liquids will make you have more energy too. Are you getting in your vitamins? B-12 is important one. Sleevers need the one that desolves under our tongues once a week. Because our new tummy wont absorb it from our regular vitamins. Things will start improving for you soon good luck.

16. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    08/14/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    07-18-2021 07:19 AM
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Was Thanked 32 Times in 23 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 97 Times
    Blog Entries

Thanks for all your posts.
    Maybe I should take VitB12 and see if that helps me a little. I eat about 200 - 250 kcal daily. I try to get enough protein but it is almost impossible. I don't like any of the protein shakes, so I mix unflavored protein in my soups. But it's not realy good....
    I feel that food changed from my friend into my enemy. I just don't want to eat - I realy need to force myself to eat. And when I eat my stomach hurts (I know its just air that hurts, but I don't like that feeling). I wish I could get my proteins from somewhere else.. Why are there no protein pills????

Today I tried eating a jogurt for lunch - I could only eat 3 tablespoons. Some days are better.
    I think I will force myself to drink that protein shake.. And I know I need to drink more fluids... But it is so hard...

I hope it will get better. Right now I only see the bad things with the sleeve. But maybe it will get better. I know it takes your stomach about 3 month to completely heal. I'll be looking forward to this day...

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    09-24-2012 11:37 AM
    Said "Thanks" 51 Times
    Was Thanked 100 Times in 92 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 131 Times

Have you been walking everyday? You're expecting a lot in short order of time, exercise and proper nutrition is key as you well know. It's not an easy journey but you know that. Was being obese really the better choice? NO... And you realize that fact as well.

Gastric Sleeve Member Butterfly17's Avatar
    Name
    Alison
    Surgery date
    08/15/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr.Forrester
    Last Activity
    05-12-2016 07:35 AM
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

It's easy to go through life expecting immediate results but it's not realistic. We didnt become obease in three weeks so we can't expect to loose it all immediately, either. Be patient. Don't think about it too much. Try to refocus your troughtS ! Keep your self busy!!! I'm 3 weeks out as well and I am
    Very happy bc I'm keeping my mind grounded and pure. Don't stress ! Smile x

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    09/01/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Beltre
    Last Activity
    03-07-2013 01:55 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 27 Times

Don't know what your age is but.thinknig your ok but just obese will catch up with you.I'm 64 and looking at hip replacments.Thought i was healthy too,had the sleeve last sept have only lost 60lbs have 50 more to go.I do not regret the surgery .Hang in there it will get better.I'm sure everyone on this site will encourage you

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast