Gawel
    Last Activity
    10-21-2015 09:01 AM
    Said "Thanks" 33 Times
    Was Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

Default Why am I so Crabby?!?

Hello!
    I am about 2.5 months out. I'm on Iron, Vit D, Vit B, Multi and Cymbalta (using for migraines, but should clear up any depression and anxiety).
    I am sooooo CRABBY! What am I missing?

Thanks!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    07/10/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Andrew Posselt
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Was Thanked 36 Times in 36 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 98 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Why am I so Crabby?!?

I know I am too because I am missing some of the foods I used to love. Even small bits would be nice.
    Cec

4. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    06/13/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Finley
    Last Activity
    10-31-2019 07:56 PM
    Said "Thanks" 300 Times
    Was Thanked 168 Times in 150 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 84 Times
    Blog Entries

Are you perimenopausal? Meaning are you anywhere near 45? It hit me that way 10 years before menopause. Hormone crazies in adolescence and in our middle age. Sucks.

7/10: 238lbs,size 3x; 8/11: 221lbs size 22/2x; 6/12 B4 2 day liquid fast: 210 lbs; 6/13/12: 202.6 lbs
    1 month: 185.4 lbs; 2 months: 170 lbs, size 16; 3 months: 162.6 lbs, size 14; 4 months: 151.8 lbs; 5 months: 143.2 lbs, size 10; 6 months: 142.4 lbs stalls suck ; 7 months: 131.2 lbs, size 6 - 8; 9 months 130.2, size 6 - no real loss in 2 months -- Think I am done!

6. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    08-06-2012 09:19 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

You need a energy drink. Try advocare products. They are awesome and makes you feel awesome!!! Advocare.com/12082750 this has helped me and they also have shakes that are meal replacements .

8. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member smilingkris's Avatar
    Surgery date
    05/22/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Genaw
    Last Activity
    12-25-2014 12:11 PM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 25 Times in 23 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 34 Times
    Blog Entries

Umm, I'm not so sure about the energy drink as noted above. But I notice more moodiness too. And Gayle might be on to something with the perimenopause. Also, we are still adjusting to this new lifestyle and if we feel deprived then it could cause crankiness too. Best wishes!

10. Said thanks:

11. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Sonja
    Surgery date
    05/29/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Samuel Szomstein
    Last Activity
    12-10-2015 08:10 PM
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Was Thanked 191 Times in 178 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 124 Times

I am just over 2 months post-op, very crabby especially at that time of the month, and very emotional...I cry at commercials like when I was pregnant! I know my hormones are adjusting to my weightloss in addition to being perimenopausal...Double Whammy! I expect the sensitivity will taper off at some point so for now I have to watch my tongue during PMS week...Hang in there!

13. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member bigred_tl's Avatar
    Surgery date
    04/22/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Almanza
    Last Activity
    03-02-2013 08:13 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 11 Times

it just happens. the first month or two i was moody, i think it is we are just getting use to our new body, eating habbits, ect.

15. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    12-14-2012 02:54 PM
    Said "Thanks" 18 Times
    Was Thanked 20 Times in 15 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 15 Times

Yea, I'm post-menopausal, but I've still been cranky. It's getting less and less as I'm eating more, but I used to be SO pleasant. I think there is something to be said about fat and happy. I'm still fat though. I'm just not very happy about having to control myself so much - track calories and protein, carbs and fat, take all the dang vitamins, don't forget the Miralax every freaking day so I don't get constipated! That's all not to mention having to really control myself so I don't graze all day long and/or eat something nasty and wicked like real ice cream!!! And exercise my hiney off! Even with all this discipline, I'm SOOOOOO disappointed that I'm not losing weight faster, so maybe that is carrying over into my mood. No wonder I'm cranky!

IF I had known I was only going to lose 1 or 2 (if I'm real lucky!) pounds a week, I don't know if I'd have signed up for all of this! I guess it's a good thing I didn't know then what I know now or I wouldn't be in debt for a self pay, risky surgery! Oh geez! Another reason to be cranky.

Oh, and I haven't had a drop of alcohol in like over 2.5 months! That's because I promised myself I would not until 12 whole weeks have passed. So about 3 more weeks to go and I may tie one on...sounds like I need it, doesn't it? But, it's just not near as much fun on the rare occassion when I do go out with friends, watch them eat and drink, while I have a few bites and can't even wash it down with water. More than anything, I HATE not being able to eat and drink at the same time!!!

When people say they "LOVE" their sleeves, I wonder why. They must not like to eat as much as I do. Or eat and drink @ the same time! Or like to drink carbonated beverages!

And, I know it is not nice of me, but it irks me to pieces when people were sleeved, even though they weighed less than my goal weight to begin with and now after about 6-8 weeks, they are in the "normal" BMI range. (It wasn't a revision either.) Well, good for them, but ***I*** don't really want to hear about it!!! It just seems SO unfair, and I just hate unfairness. Yes, I'm jealous - OK, I admitted it.

Oh, and did I mention I go to group sessions every week, and although I will admit they are motivating and will be good for me in the long run, they are inconvenient and there are other reasons I don't look forward to them that I can't go into on a public forum.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head...I'm crawling down off my soapbox now....feeling a bit better to vent!

17. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    12/08/2011
    Surgeon
    Ramos-Kelly
    Said "Thanks" 31 Times
    Was Thanked 55 Times in 44 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 11 Times
    Blog Entries

Our fat cells contain hormones and after wls, the fat cells releases the hormones and makes our emotions flare. I had not had a period in over 2 years before the surgery, but had it for 2 months in a row afterward....and my emotions were running wild. I would cry easily and was crabby alot too.
    It won't last.....hang in there!

19. Said thanks:

Name
    Emily
    Surgery date
    05/22/2012
    Surgeon
    Gawel
    Last Activity
    10-21-2015 09:01 AM
    Said "Thanks" 33 Times
    Was Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

Thank you for your advice!!! I'm happy to hear that others are in my situation, even though it's not fun.
    I'm only 33, so no peri-menopause yet, but it's good to know for later.
    Thanks ladies!

Gastric Sleeve Member SongBird74's Avatar
    Surgery date
    07/24/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Nathan Allison
    Last Activity
    04-23-2013 06:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 5 Times
    Was Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 31 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Feather View Post
    Yea, I'm post-menopausal, but I've still been cranky. It's getting less and less as I'm eating more, but I used to be SO pleasant. I think there is something to be said about fat and happy. I'm still fat though. I'm just not very happy about having to control myself so much - track calories and protein, carbs and fat, take all the dang vitamins, don't forget the Miralax every freaking day so I don't get constipated! That's all not to mention having to really control myself so I don't graze all day long and/or eat something nasty and wicked like real ice cream!!! And exercise my hiney off! Even with all this discipline, I'm SOOOOOO disappointed that I'm not losing weight faster, so maybe that is carrying over into my mood. No wonder I'm cranky!

IF I had known I was only going to lose 1 or 2 (if I'm real lucky!) pounds a week, I don't know if I'd have signed up for all of this! I guess it's a good thing I didn't know then what I know now or I wouldn't be in debt for a self pay, risky surgery! Oh geez! Another reason to be cranky.

Oh, and I haven't had a drop of alcohol in like over 2.5 months! That's because I promised myself I would not until 12 whole weeks have passed. So about 3 more weeks to go and I may tie one on...sounds like I need it, doesn't it? But, it's just not near as much fun on the rare occassion when I do go out with friends, watch them eat and drink, while I have a few bites and can't even wash it down with water. More than anything, I HATE not being able to eat and drink at the same time!!!

When people say they "LOVE" their sleeves, I wonder why. They must not like to eat as much as I do. Or eat and drink @ the same time! Or like to drink carbonated beverages!

And, I know it is not nice of me, but it irks me to pieces when people were sleeved, even though they weighed less than my goal weight to begin with and now after about 6-8 weeks, they are in the "normal" BMI range. (It wasn't a revision either.) Well, good for them, but ***I*** don't really want to hear about it!!! It just seems SO unfair, and I just hate unfairness. Yes, I'm jealous - OK, I admitted it.

Oh, and did I mention I go to group sessions every week, and although I will admit they are motivating and will be good for me in the long run, they are inconvenient and there are other reasons I don't look forward to them that I can't go into on a public forum.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head...I'm crawling down off my soapbox now....feeling a bit better to vent!
    Just wondering, did you have to go through 6 months of nutritional counseling before you were sleeved?