Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    03-17-2014 06:32 PM
    Said "Thanks" 17 Times
    Was Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6,345 Times
    Blog Entries

Default HCG injections with sleeve?

Has anyone combined HCG injections with their sleeve to compound results? I have done the hcg diet which is very low cal and used the injections with success in the past. The hcg helps preserve muscle and release fat stores. I am just wondering if anyone has tried it and if so did it work any better? My surgery is next week and I am just trying to get my plan together. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member aboutime4me's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Mary
    Surgery date
    05/01/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Soong
    Last Activity
    09-15-2016 10:02 AM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 368 Times in 333 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 17 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: HCG injections with sleeve?

Hi Leisa, I've had my sleeve 3 months now and a few years ago did the HCG diet by itself, several rounds in fact and dropped about 65 lbs. I did gain the weight back quickly and never really did change my eating and habits, etc. That being said, fast forward to the present. When the sleeve came to my attention and I studied the surgery, the pros and cons, the permanent nature of stomach removal and the fact that it is a TOOL and not a fast cure for obesity, I faced the demons within and knew the sleeve was my answer for lasting success. I was getting off the diet roller coaster and would have a way to not regain what I had lost through the reduction of my stomach. I would personally say I would not do the HCG with the sleeve because I don't see the point. With the sleeve I'm combining increased physical activity and exercise with my diet and that's my way of life for the rest of my life. I am not looking at other alternative diets to maximize weight loss more quickly. I think that would render a "false" result. I have the answer within me now, both physically and emotionally. I don't know how others feel about this but I'm free for the first time in my life of dieting and hunger, being driven by my out of control desire for all things "sweet". I wish you much success with your surgery and recover. Keep us posted on how everything goes.

Surgery date
    05/07/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Syn
    Last Activity
    08-23-2013 10:31 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 104 Times in 100 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 104 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime4me View Post
    Hi Leisa, I've had my sleeve 3 months now and a few years ago did the HCG diet by itself, several rounds in fact and dropped about 65 lbs. I did gain the weight back quickly and never really did change my eating and habits, etc. That being said, fast forward to the present. When the sleeve came to my attention and I studied the surgery, the pros and cons, the permanent nature of stomach removal and the fact that it is a TOOL and not a fast cure for obesity, I faced the demons within and knew the sleeve was my answer for lasting success. I was getting off the diet roller coaster and would have a way to not regain what I had lost through the reduction of my stomach. I would personally say I would not do the HCG with the sleeve because I don't see the point. With the sleeve I'm combining increased physical activity and exercise with my diet and that's my way of life for the rest of my life. I am not looking at other alternative diets to maximize weight loss more quickly. I think that would render a "false" result. I have the answer within me now, both physically and emotionally. I don't know how others feel about this but I'm free for the first time in my life of dieting and hunger, being driven by my out of control desire for all things "sweet". I wish you much success with your surgery and recover. Keep us posted on how everything goes.
    I second this. I lost > 50 lbs over about a years time with HCG only to gain it all back in 5 months. I too don't see the point. My hunger is controlled by the removal of the gland that makes the gherlin when 85% of my stomach was removed. I understand the way HCG works, and wondered the same thing myself, but came to the same conclusion as abouttime4me. I want to learn how to eat correctly and do it for the rest of my like. I don't want to depend on any more diet supplements. That said, I would be curious to see if someone has done it and how it worked for them. I know that maintenance can be accomplished with drops, but I wonder if I have done the shots so much that they would no longer be effective. I do know your body can set up immunities to this shot.

Gastric Sleeve Member ninaricci46's Avatar
    Name
    Nina
    Surgery date
    09/03/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Almanza, Mexico
    Last Activity
    08-05-2013 08:45 PM
    Said "Thanks" 62 Times
    Was Thanked 31 Times in 30 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 89 Times

Thank you for sharing. Best of luck for your sugery.