Surgeon
    Dr.Edward Chin
    Last Activity
    09-13-2013 08:53 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

Default Hello

Hello hello my name is Tania first time here and looking forward to get to know the members of this community ... im here because im contemplating on getting the sleeve maybe by the end of this year...need information to see if im ready or not for it because surgery is a huge step and irreversable and ive been thinking about it for somewhat 5 years. this week i had a doctors apt and in a period of about two months ive gain 22 pounds so as of now my weight skyrocketted to a nice 277 lbs... ..so i must do something fast that will keep it of because diabetes runs in the family...hoping you guys will shed some light in this journey...nice to meet you all

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Katie
    Surgery date
    05/29/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Rita Hadley
    Last Activity
    12-10-2012 08:30 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 9 Times

Default Re: Hello

Welcome!! I dealt with similar issues. I looked into surgeries and researched for a few years before I finally did something. The process took a few months, and its been 2 months since my surgery and its still one of the best decisions I have ever made. Now is the time to deal with the problem BEFORE your health gets worse. You'll do great, keep us posted on your journey!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Tania
    Surgery date
    08/06/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr.Edward Chin
    Last Activity
    09-13-2013 08:53 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

Thank you...actually im so scared but at the last weight in i felt so so bad...i feel i dont eat enought yet im so overweight....im working with the insurance first beacuse at the hospital i was referred to they dont take my insurance but looking forward to meet a surgeon and discuss my options...ive heard a million and one as to why should i opt for surgery and i can just diet and exercise but when you have been overweight your entire life change and permanet change is what you look for...if i diet sure ill loose pounds but the minute i fall of that wagon i gain double what i had lost and im just sick of...i have friends who have done the gastric bypass but i feel the look sick afterwards but ive seen people with the sleeve and the difference is much better and healthier i think?? ....and good luck on your journey @KSTOD

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Katie
    Surgery date
    05/29/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Rita Hadley
    Last Activity
    12-10-2012 08:30 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 9 Times

Yep I was the same way! What happens when you don't eat enough is your body goes into a starvation mode, and then your body holds on to whatever food you do eat, causing you to gain more weight. Keep us all posted on how your appointments go....trust me, its worth it. I was scared too, but sooo glad I finally did it

Name
    Kerri Forrest
    Surgery date
    08/21/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Alan Thomas
    Last Activity
    09-07-2012 06:53 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 14 Times

I too did a lot of research etc before I reached this stage. I am as yet not sleeved but am sooo looking forward to mine in 19 days, a big difference to the fear I held at the very beginning of this journey!!! Well done on joining this forum, everyone here is so supportive and helpful that I know it will seem more like an option than a 'radical treatment' soon. My advice is the time to be healthier has to be sooner rather than later. Each day you wait is a day closer to potentially some very serious health issues. I decided my time was now and here I am. An awesome book I am currently reading is called "The Emotional First Aid kit: A Practical guide to life after bariatric surgery" It is excellent. Its written by a nurse who has done bariatric assessments for years and these are the things she found came up with patients most often.
    Well good luck in your journey and I hope to hear about your decisions in posts soon.

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents