Surgeon
    Dr. Hector Perez
    Said "Thanks" 132 Times
    Was Thanked 103 Times in 99 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 193 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Are You Pregnant?

Quote Originally Posted by Texgal View Post
    Well on the other hand I ran into a friend at target and hadn't seen her in years. We got to talking and she was like I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant and I was like I'm sorry I didn't say anything that made me feel bad. So either way you can't win for losing.
    I would think 8 and a half months pregnant would be hard to miss as really being pregnant.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Lee Ann
    Surgery date
    07/11/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr James Davidson
    Last Activity
    10-23-2016 10:12 PM
    Said "Thanks" 72 Times
    Was Thanked 126 Times in 119 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 40 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SECRETSLEEVE View Post
    I would think 8 and a half months pregnant would be hard to miss as really being pregnant.
    I thing is I won't say congrats unless I know. 2 when you carry your weight in your upper body it's sometimes hard to tell. When you were overweight before pregnant. When I was pregnant if I wore maternity cloths you could tell. If I Just wore baggy it was hard to tell
    “It’s not the mistakes in life that are important; it’s what we learn from them.” ~Donna Guthrie

Preop 17 pounds lost
    The rest is all surgery baby :-)
    My sleeve is my new best friend

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    09-24-2012 11:37 AM
    Said "Thanks" 51 Times
    Was Thanked 100 Times in 92 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 131 Times

Thought I was on July 3rd @276 lbs , figured I was fast approaching the 3rd trimester , but turned out I was just a fatty and now I'm a loser (pun intended) and no babies on the way , woohoo false alarm!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Ebony
    Surgery date
    09/01/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Garcia
    Last Activity
    07-08-2013 09:53 PM
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times
    Was Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 12 Times
    Blog Entries

Due to my surgery my supervisor announced in the meeting today "Ebony would like everyone to know that she is..." and before she could say going on vacation. A different co worker said PREGNANT! Again my mouth fell open and the room stopped and looked at me. Most said NOOOOO others said wow you didn't tell me. My supervisor (who is my best friend of 13 years) didn't notice any of this and proceeded with instructions on how things will be handle in my absence...... Ok people 25 more days Watch Me Shrink!

Gastric Sleeve Member SongBird74's Avatar
    Surgery date
    07/24/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Nathan Allison
    Last Activity
    04-23-2013 06:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 5 Times
    Was Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 31 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ebonylove View Post
    Two months ago after a meeting at work I was cutting me a slice of cake and a new employee said "When will the baby arrive?" I didn't answer at first because I was sure she wasn't talking to me, however I did turn around to see which coworker of mine was pregnant. When I seen big eyes and everyone mouth wide open I realized she was talking to me. I proceeded to tell her that my son is 4 yr old, and out of anger ask her "how many months are you". I was so embarrassed I put the knife down and started to clean up (without cutting me any cake) out of shame. One because she thinks I'm pregnant and two that I acted just as foolish as her. So time has passed and she stays out of my way most of the time.

So Tuesday of this week I'm at my desk and my cell phone rang. I answered it because I knew it was my coordinator for my surgery and I didn't want to miss the call. I asked her a few question about my passport and confirmed how to make payment. When I ended the call another new coworker (who wasn't employed yet at the other embarrassing meeting) said " I didn't know you was expecting!" Again everyone gasp for air as I turned red. I smiled and told her that I didn't know that either. She shamefully apologized about listing in to my phone conversation. I'm sure that is not it because I never mention that I was having surgery on that call and for all she knew I could just be planing a vacation.

I had to go to the bathroom and take a look at my belly while shedding a tear. Do I really look pregnant? Why would someone ask if I was?

Lastly I must add that I work for a program that educate mothers. I would be devastated for them to ask a mom when is she due only to find out her infant is 3 month old. Most of our clients are young, single and truly need education not you reminding them they have a mommy bump.
    I am so sorry to hear that you have had to endure this level of discomfort. You shouldn't feel embarrassed because you were not the one who made the insensitive comment. As new employees, they should have asked someone else if you were preggers, then they would have been told NO. Just keep your eyes on the prize chica, then they will be wanting to know what you have done, because you don't look preggers anymore, but they are going to be too scared to even approach you, so you will just strut your stuff everytime you pass by them and make them eat their words over and over again...LOL!!!!!

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents