Surgeon
    Dr M. Hatter
    Last Activity
    04-07-2016 07:19 PM
    Said "Thanks" 35 Times
    Was Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 63 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Mexico Surgery - What Happened with the Member Trying to Contact Almanza after Surgical Error?

I am staying in the states for my surgery but I would suggest that anyone having surgery for any reason, be sure to thoroughly research the stats of the surgeon they are thinking of going to. ie: numbers of complications his/her pts have including, infection rates, wounds reopening, or other issues. I did that. The original surgeon I was thinking of going to, had a higher rate of infections and complications connected to his pts than most all of the other ones in the community. As a result I went with another physician, who has an very low pt complication rate. I also found out that the 1st one I looked at nearly always does his open, vs laproscopically! Bottom Line is... DO YOUR RESEARCH!! There is good and bad out there in every profession!! Best of luck to you!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Linda
    Surgery date
    09/26/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Lopez/Osuna Mexico
    Last Activity
    03-25-2020 08:20 AM
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 84 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Mexico Surgery - What Happened with the Member Trying to Contact Almanza after Surgical Error?

Hi Musicmom,How do you go about finding out the complication rates , pts, etc of a doctor in Mexico? I've searched the net with no success.
    Surgery day weight 9/26/12 187lbs, 10/26 167lbs 18" lost, 11/26 160 lbs 24" lost, 12/26 151 35" gone, 1/26/13 145.6lbs 41.5" lost, 2/26 140 lbs. 6.5" lost, reached goal weight 10 months out , 66 lbs and 62 total inches gone!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Name
    Tami
    Surgeon
    Dr M. Hatter
    Last Activity
    04-07-2016 07:19 PM
    Said "Thanks" 35 Times
    Was Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 63 Times
    Blog Entries

I don't know about Mexico other than what you might find out from others who went there. I had my surgery in the states. I searched the internet. In the states, you can also call the state board of health to inquire if there has ever been anything against the physician you are looking at. I wish I could be of better help to you..

Surgery date
    12/10/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    03-12-2019 04:32 PM
    Said "Thanks" 15 Times
    Was Thanked 145 Times in 143 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 450 Times
    Blog Entries

Wow this subject is somewhat disturbing, However I will remine prayerful and do what I need to do.

MARCHING ON TOWARD THE PRIZE.

Name
    Linda
    Surgery date
    09/26/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Lopez/Osuna Mexico
    Last Activity
    03-25-2020 08:20 AM
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 84 Times
    Blog Entries

Dont worry too much Hope4me, you no doubt have done your research on your surgeon & made your decision, go with it. I ended up going to Mexico, I worried for no reason at all, I recieved excellent care & the surgeon did an awesome job. I'm doing very well & am glad I chose the surgeon I did, it was a very good experience.
    Surgery day weight 9/26/12 187lbs, 10/26 167lbs 18" lost, 11/26 160 lbs 24" lost, 12/26 151 35" gone, 1/26/13 145.6lbs 41.5" lost, 2/26 140 lbs. 6.5" lost, reached goal weight 10 months out , 66 lbs and 62 total inches gone!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Banned
    Name
    Christy
    Surgery date
    09/08/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-16-2014 05:35 PM
    Said "Thanks" 645 Times
    Was Thanked 491 Times in 418 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 493 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hope4me View Post
    Wow this subject is somewhat disturbing, However I will remine prayerful and do what I need to do.
    You will be fine. Percentage wise, there have been WAY more complications from surgeons in the states than at the Jerusalem Clinic. Im returning to Mexico in one week for the third time!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    12-09-2013 02:53 PM
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

My main concern about having revision sleeve surgery from a 20 year old lap band by Dr. Almanza, is some of the reviews I have read on ObesityHelp.com saying things like: Dr. A has a high percentage of post-op infections, poor hygiene/housekeeping in the recovery house, someone named Benacourt giving medical advice even though he's not in the medical field, having to share a room with patients that either snored or threw up all night. Doesn't sound like somewhere I would want to have surgery. I am thinking of going to Dr. Quinones. Any first hand experience with a really great WLS package would be very much appreciated. Thx!

Gastric Sleeve Member ItCldBeSweet's Avatar
    Name
    Stephanie
    Surgery date
    03/27/2013
    Surgeon
    DR QUINONES
    Last Activity
    06-20-2018 11:22 AM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 399 Times
    Blog Entries

I have my surgery scheduled for 3/28/12 with Dr Q. I have read nothing but awesome things about him & his staff! I can hardly wait till its my turn! I have paid my deposit & went to apply for my passport card this morning! (Taking steps in the right direction!) Good luck with who ever you decide to go with!

11. Said thanks:

Name
    Joetta
    Surgery date
    08/28/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza-reyes
    Last Activity
    09-26-2013 03:02 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,960 Times

I was sleeved same day as you but by Dr.Almanza. Had a great experience and awesome care while there. No complications...

13. Said thanks: