Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Last Activity
    01-20-2016 03:52 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Default Self-pay in Houston. Help finding a good and reasonably priced surgeon please!

I just found out my insurance will not cover bariatric surgery. I will have to pay for gastric sleeve surgery on my own. I live in Houston and would like to have the surgery here. I do not feel comfortable leaving the States. I am able to afford around $8,000.00. Any help in finding a good and reasonably priced surgeon is greatly appreciated.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member workinprogress40's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Latonyia
    Surgery date
    08/22/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr.Almanza
    Last Activity
    01-17-2014 10:01 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 47 Times in 42 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 62 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Self-pay in Houston. Help finding a good and reasonably priced surgeon please!

Dr alvarez,Dr Almanza, dr aceves,Dr Garcia, Dr Rodriguez these are all good surgeons, they are all in Mexico, I don't think you can get the surgery for that price in the US in Texas the cheapest I found it was 10500, if you do some research ,mostly all the self pay on this site have went to Mexico, I font know if your interested in going there or not,but it don't hert to do your research and consider.all the doctors I mentioned prices range from 4500-7300 hope this help.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Last Activity
    01-20-2016 03:52 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Default Re: Self-pay in Houston. Help finding a good and reasonably priced surgeon please!

Thank you for your response, but I really do want to do have it done in the States. I live alone and do not want to leave the country to have surgery all by myself. I have some savings and am willing to pay cash. I am just interested in finding a good and reasonably priced Houston surgeon. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Gastric Sleeve Member cowgirldiva17's Avatar
    Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    07/09/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    12-19-2015 05:50 PM
    Said "Thanks" 67 Times
    Was Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 59 Times
    Blog Entries

Blossom Bariatrics here in Las Vegas charges about $10.5k cash price. I am not sure if you will find any US doctor under $10k. But keep asking. Good luck

Gastric Sleeve Member VeryLargeBob's Avatar
    Name
    Bob
    Surgery date
    06/19/2012
    Surgeon
    Alamanza
    Last Activity
    02-13-2023 06:48 PM
    Said "Thanks" 15 Times
    Was Thanked 128 Times in 76 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 32 Times

I live in Houston and couldn't find a surgeon under $13,000. I went to see Dr. Alamanza in Tijuana. He's an excellent surgeon, and has probably done more bariatric surgery than all of the bariatric surgeons in Houston combined.
    Height: 6'4""
    Highest Weight: 346
    Pre-Op: 330
    Day of Surgery: 318

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    07/06/2012
    Surgeon
    Bina
    Last Activity
    04-09-2014 11:50 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 94 Times in 86 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 41 Times

2 years ago when I looked into and insurance would not pay Hospital was offering a special if you had a hernia...have you been checked for that? I want to say it was either 5-8K over what insurance pays for hernia. I will IM you the informaiton. Also when I was looking for selfpay there was a place in College Station/Byran that was not bad. Think I have that info too but that was 2 years ago.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wktSten/]

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    06/01/2012
    Surgeon
    dr victor gonzalez
    Last Activity
    03-23-2015 07:28 PM
    Said "Thanks" 36 Times
    Was Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times
    Blog Entries

dr victor gonzalez in dallas is 8,999, I highly recommend him

Surgery date
    06/29/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wilkenfeld
    Last Activity
    09-24-2012 04:49 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

I had surgery with Dr Richard Wilkenfeld last week. His office is in the Woodlands and surgery was at Conroe Regional Medical Center. His cash price was 12,500 but I think he is worth every penny!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    08/24/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ata Ahmad
    Last Activity
    11-13-2013 01:31 PM
    Said "Thanks" 10 Times
    Was Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 28 Times
    Blog Entries

I had surgery in Houston (Houston NW Hospital). Dr Ata Ahmad was my surgeon. He is off of FM1960. I paid around $10,500 for the surgery and if you have a hernia they offer a discount price. He will do an Endoscopy to check for a hernia (that's covered through insurance-depending on your carrier), if you have a hernia the hospital price drops from 9500 to 6500 (roughly, I think). His fee is 3000, you have to see a nutritionist (costs 75.00 without insurance), and the anestesia costs $700. That covers it all. I initially went to see Dr Brian Mirza, he seems like a very nice Dr but his prices ended up being around $14k once all was said and done because he was out of network for me. Hope this helps. I am 21 days post op and doing fine with Dr. Ahmad. You can inbox me at eleonorrivera@gmail.com if you want more info. Best of luck to you!

Surgery date
    09/06/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Chock
    Last Activity
    09-08-2013 07:29 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 38 Times in 38 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 62 Times
    Blog Entries

my insurance didn't cover the surgery either, I also choose to stay in the US which is twice or 3x as expensive as Mexico. So I ended up having to put off surgery and save up for surgery for almost a year so that i would have 1 /2 the money about 10k and then the rest I financed. I had surgery 9-6-12 and well worth the price I paid! with one of the best surgeons in Washington!! My surgeon also carried extra insurance coverage for self pay, no matter how good a surgeon is things happen with this type of surgery. I went into surgery knowing that I was totally covered in case of any problems that occur during or after the surgery, like leaks, stricture, heart attack, blood clots, ect....... and also I have checks ups for a year after. I hear there are great surgeons in Mexico do your research and make the desicion that works for you!! the most important thing is get a good surgeon with a great record wether they be in the US , guam or mexico....... Hope this helps !!!

Name
    Sara
    Surgery date
    11/21/2012
    Surgeon
    Sherman Yu
    Last Activity
    12-31-2014 12:37 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Hello! I am self pay and curious if this speeds up the process? Do you have to have several consultations and tests or do they do it once you arrive for surgery? I am interested in Dr. Balette or Collier possibly, but not opposed to any cheaper, good surgeons in my area (The Woodlands/Conroe/1960)

Thank you!!!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    07/06/2012
    Surgeon
    Bina
    Last Activity
    04-09-2014 11:50 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 94 Times in 86 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 41 Times

Try contacting Dr Bina (however hwy6/290) not that far. He can get you in quickly. If you have insurance and have hernia he will discount the WLS part as well.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wktSten/]

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    06-26-2017 10:02 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

There is a Doctor in New Iberia, LA that does it for a little bit under 10,000 I know several people going to him. I think his name was Dr. Borland

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    06-26-2017 10:02 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

They are all 100% happy with him and the results.

Name
    Hope
    Surgery date
    12/18/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Bonnor
    Last Activity
    01-29-2014 09:37 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 13 Times
    Blog Entries

I used Dr. Bonnor in Houston and he is AMAZING!!! I am not sure what his cash price is, but I would do it all over again. I had my surgery at Memorial Herman Memorial City and I didn't want to come home,lol. It was such a positive experience.