Dr. Fernando Garcia
    Last Activity
    01-06-2015 02:29 PM
    Said "Thanks" 38 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Not Loosing Weight! & Miserable

Thank you for posting. I'm going through exact same thing. I'm not losing weight, and I have no idea why. I don't know if I'm eating too much or too little... I feel I've just wasted a ton of money for nothing. So confused and sad. I know you posted this a few years ago, but I would love to know how you are doing these days.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Terrie
    Surgery date
    09/24/2014
    Surgeon
    Quinones
    Last Activity
    04-02-2019 09:00 AM
    Said "Thanks" 26 Times
    Was Thanked 110 Times in 87 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 12 Times

Quote Originally Posted by synthetyc View Post
    Okay, so just to reply across the thread there... I lost a lot of this weight by myself - through diet and exercise.
    Now, I paid all this money to have WLS - and this is gonna sound insane but hear me out objectively...
    Why did I pay all this money to have a sleeve, that I hoped would make a drastic difference - instead I am told to watch what I eat etc...

I am going to be very real here - I wanted to see faster results point - blank - period -
    I wanted to not only speed but I wanted to feel more like myself again now I just feel worse -
    Really, not loosing weight after WLS? It's hysterical if you think about it - Am I a Fool?

If I am consuming a fraction of what I use to - Why isn't weight loss more visible?
    I have been told by many doctors over the years, "Its not what you it, its how of it you eat" Which obviously is a BS.

Its always been a struggle for me to keep weight off, I would loose then gain - same pattern all time - Gets old

There has to be a better way than this - I have sat here and watched people lose 20+ lbs a month after surgery -
    I have yet to see any result like that - Nothing substantial - I just feel like I wasted a shit load of money for nothing -

If I have to jog 5x a time and eat crap I hate - I could do the same thing without a sleeve and obtain the same results.

I am sure this may upset some people, but come on if anyone is feeling like this step up and admit it! I seriously cant be the only one.

I started to loose weight in April 2001 Weight: 373
    Gastric Sleeve Date 11/2/2011 Weight 301
    Today - Weight 263

38 Lbs in 7 months - I lost more without the sleeve!

I can think of a reason to have spent all that money. To keep it off!!! You have lost 100lbs. Yes you want to lose more and you can. I think you just have to find what works for your body to get more weight off. I am guessing you need to increase your calories. I was PMing a lady who stopped losing and could not shed the last 30lbs. She started seeing a personal trainer and increased her calories (she was at 800per day) to 1400 calories with exercise and started losing. She lost the last 30lbs I will PM her and tell her to send you a private message. But I don't know how often she checks in here.
    But I am pretty sure if you hadn't done the sleeve you would be like the rest of us,,which is gained it all right back. So would you pay to keep it off? There is a 5% chance of keeping weight off with diet and exercise alone. I am in the 95% who always gains it back.
    Keep us posted as to your progress.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    12/12/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Landerholm
    Last Activity
    02-13-2018 09:44 PM
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Was Thanked 457 Times in 339 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 138 Times

Okay, according to your ticker you have lost 19% of the excess weight and you are what... 5 weeks post op? That is similiar to the % I had lost - I lost around 30# in 4-5 weeks post op which was about 19% of my excess and I have been wildly successful. i hope you do not expect at a lower starting weight to lose as many pounds as someone who started way heavier.

Follow the rules, and you will loose with the sleeve. Hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by BorderlineBMI View Post
    Thank you for posting. I'm going through exact same thing. I'm not losing weight, and I have no idea why. I don't know if I'm eating too much or too little... I feel I've just wasted a ton of money for nothing. So confused and sad. I know you posted this a few years ago, but I would love to know how you are doing these days.
    308# 12/1/2011 Start of Preop Diet
    300# 12/12/11 Lapband to Sleeve revision
    158# Feb 2013 - GOAL lost 150# 14 months post op
    150# 10/14/2013 - Plastics Dr Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico; removed 5.5# of skin
    140# Apr 2014 - maintaining 168# weight loss currently. Very happy with my sleeve and plastics results!

5. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member BorderlineBMI's Avatar
    Surgery date
    10/28/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Fernando Garcia
    Last Activity
    01-06-2015 02:29 PM
    Said "Thanks" 38 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the encouragement, Cowgirl. I'm trying to remain positive. I know you're right. It's just that I haven't lost a single pound in two weeks. I've been hovering between 221 and 223lbs for the last two weeks. I just finished my period, so perhaps that has something to do with the slowing down of weight loss. I know everyone loses differently and I will keep the faith and stick to the program. Many thanks for taking the time to write. It meant a lot to me. Wishing you every happiness in your journey.

Surgery date
    12/22/2014
    Surgeon
    Houston
    Last Activity
    04-19-2022 07:04 AM
    Said "Thanks" 31 Times
    Was Thanked 238 Times in 105 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 17 Times

Quote Originally Posted by synthetyc View Post
    Okay, so just to reply across the thread there... I lost a lot of this weight by myself - through diet and exercise.
    Now, I paid all this money to have WLS - and this is gonna sound insane but hear me out objectively...
    Why did I pay all this money to have a sleeve, that I hoped would make a drastic difference - instead I am told to watch what I eat etc...

I am going to be very real here - I wanted to see faster results point - blank - period -
    I wanted to not only speed but I wanted to feel more like myself again now I just feel worse -
    Really, not loosing weight after WLS? It's hysterical if you think about it - Am I a Fool?

If I am consuming a fraction of what I use to - Why isn't weight loss more visible?
    I have been told by many doctors over the years, "Its not what you it, its how of it you eat" Which obviously is a BS.

Its always been a struggle for me to keep weight off, I would loose then gain - same pattern all time - Gets old

There has to be a better way than this - I have sat here and watched people lose 20+ lbs a month after surgery -
    I have yet to see any result like that - Nothing substantial - I just feel like I wasted a shit load of money for nothing -

If I have to jog 5x a time and eat crap I hate - I could do the same thing without a sleeve and obtain the same results.

I am sure this may upset some people, but come on if anyone is feeling like this step up and admit it! I seriously cant be the only one.

I started to loose weight in April 2001 Weight: 373
    Gastric Sleeve Date 11/2/2011 Weight 301
    Today - Weight 263

38 Lbs in 7 months - I lost more without the sleeve!
    38 lbs in 7 months, or 5.5 lbs a month, just over one lb a week....

Maybe this is the safe way to lose it and keep it off?

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    10/11/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr Mario Carmelo Ramos
    Last Activity
    02-07-2015 11:56 AM
    Said "Thanks" 19 Times
    Was Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 342 Times

What is the 5 day pouch. I have not heard of it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234