04/15/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. David vonReuden
    Last Activity
    09-17-2011 05:52 PM
    Said "Thanks" 112 Times
    Was Thanked 149 Times in 84 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 25 Times

Default April sleevers - meet here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello all! My surgery is scheduled for April 15th and I am looking for others having the sleeve in April as well..... let's band together and stay in touch to get through the next few weeks successfully!!!! Who's in??

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member laniesmom's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Deedee
    Surgery date
    03/17/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Hugh Babineau
    Last Activity
    12-20-2022 09:46 AM
    Said "Thanks" 238 Times
    Was Thanked 198 Times in 131 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 543 Times

Default Re: April sleevers - meet here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck Just Jess, I had mine 3-17 so I am a close cousin to April...
    Deedee

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/07/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Leyton. Keesler AFB
    Last Activity
    06-08-2013 11:00 AM
    Said "Thanks" 131 Times
    Was Thanked 162 Times in 79 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 43 Times

Count me in! I am April 6th and in Mississippi. So excited! Can't wait to be able to move more and with less pain!!!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Sheryl
    Surgery date
    04/13/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ramos-Kelly
    Last Activity
    04-08-2012 04:04 PM
    Said "Thanks" 18 Times
    Was Thanked 21 Times in 7 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 240 Times

April 13th in TJ with Dr. Kelly!

Gastric Sleeve Member Minnie Mouse's Avatar
    Name
    Bonnie
    Surgery date
    04/11/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    11-10-2012 05:09 PM
    Said "Thanks" 648 Times
    Was Thanked 206 Times in 125 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 225 Times
    Blog Entries

I'm doing April 11th in TJ with Dr. Almanza. Is anyone else going then? I would love to plan to meet you there! LOL

7. Said thanks:

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Just Jess's Avatar
    Name
    "Just Jess"
    Surgery date
    04/15/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. David vonReuden
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 112 Times

thanks everyone!!! i am just looking to make better connections with others going through the same thing at the same time!!! my nerves have really gotten more apparent this week... i'm in the 3 week window and so afriad i'll be a failure at this as i was with the band... i am trying to push that out of my head and stay positive... but i want to be real as well. how are all of you feeling????

my surgery is in baltimore, MD with dr. VR!

Quote Originally Posted by laniesmom View Post
    Good Luck Just Jess, I had mine 3-17 so I am a close cousin to April...
    we'll accept cousins as well!!! haha -- how are you feeling? how was your immediate recovery? how long was your hospital stay? what kind of pain meds did you (are you?) taking? any insights on how the real deal compared with your expectations? (sorry for so many questions!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by gretchdb View Post
    Count me in! I am April 6th and in Mississippi. So excited! Can't wait to be able to move more and with less pain!!!
    YAAAAAAAY! that is this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how are YOU feeling????? are you following a pre-op diet?

Quote Originally Posted by vsgram View Post
    April 13th in TJ with Dr. Kelly!
    congrats!!! you'll be 2 days before me! i def. want to keep up with you and your journey! post here often!

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie Mouse View Post
    I'm doing April 11th in TJ with Dr. Almanza. Is anyone else going then? I would love to plan to meet you there! LOL
    another sleeve sista just days before me!!!!!!!!!! again... i def. want to keep up with you and your journey! post here often!

10. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/15/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Rodriguez
    Last Activity
    12-07-2011 09:19 PM
    Said "Thanks" 5 Times
    Was Thanked 48 Times in 27 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

I'm being sleeved April 15th. This week was the first that I actually felt a little nervous as well. I'm hoping I will do okay with getting enough protein since I'm a picky eater and not real fond of the bars or shakes.

12. Said thanks:

Name
    "Just Jess"
    Surgery date
    04/15/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. David vonReuden
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 112 Times

Quote Originally Posted by joelene4875 View Post
    I'm being sleeved April 15th. This week was the first that I actually felt a little nervous as well. I'm hoping I will do okay with getting enough protein since I'm a picky eater and not real fond of the bars or shakes.
    First, so glad you found us!

and WOW... You and I are getting our sleeves on the same day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm super excited to get to know you more and follow along with you. We'll be facing the same challenges at the same time!!! May I ask about your starting weight and pre-op diet?

14. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/15/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Rodriguez
    Last Activity
    12-07-2011 09:19 PM
    Said "Thanks" 5 Times
    Was Thanked 48 Times in 27 Posts

Hi Jess!

My starting weight is 230 pounds. I'm only 5'3". I was told to start my pre-op diet next Friday, so that I was on it 2 weeks prior to surgery. In a nutshell, it's high protein and low carb. I'm not suppose to have more than 40-50 carbs daily.

I live in Ohio. Where are you from?

16. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member laniesmom's Avatar
    Name
    Deedee
    Surgery date
    03/17/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Hugh Babineau
    Last Activity
    12-20-2022 09:46 AM
    Said "Thanks" 238 Times
    Was Thanked 198 Times in 131 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 543 Times

we'll accept cousins as well!!! haha -- how are you feeling? how was your immediate recovery? how long was your hospital stay? what kind of pain meds did you (are you?) taking? any insights on how the real deal compared with your expectations? (sorry for so many questions!!!)

I was on a morphine drip for over 24 hours but realized that it was making me nauseous so I stopped dispenseing it. I was driving by Monday, but decided to take the complete week off due to energy level(I teach Middle School). I have Lortab ELX but have only taken one complete dose(divided between 2 doses). I've lost 31 lbs total 15 before surgery and the rest since...No regrets, just hate liquids...ready to chew. But with my doctor that starts thursday this upcoming week
    Deedee

Name
    "Just Jess"
    Surgery date
    04/15/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. David vonReuden
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 112 Times

hey joelene (every time i type your name i start singing that song by dolly parton!!!! "your beauty is beyond compare, with long locks of auburn hair". just had to share that!!!) anyway, i wanted to share with you 3 things, since you're a picky eater...

first, there is a woman here in baltimore, nikki, who runs an AWESOME blog called "bariatric foodie" she comes into our doctor's office and does "shake it up" parties and other themed bariatric recipe parties! her website is: http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/ she has LOADS of recipes utilizing protein powder with other ingredients to make it yummy!!!! private message me your email address and i will send you the info. from my first pouch party with her. (OMG.. you MUST try the protein cheesecake... you will just die it is so good! and the protein ice cream isn't too bad either!)

second, another awesome blog that i remember using ALL the time when i was banded.... the world according to eggface. sounds funny - but she's awesome! not sure where abouts in the world she is - but she also has a TON of recipes and just plain good ideas as well!@
    theworldaccordingtoeggface

last, for those days you don't have time to make your shake super awesome and just have time to throw powder and milk in a bullet and be done... i have fallen in love with an INCREDIBLE protein powder called "BSN dessert protein"... they have flavors like "banana cream pudding" and "chocolate fudge" and my fav: "whipped vanilla". i buy that on the web - bc i've never seen it in a store (first found out about it by drinking a sample at a bariatric conference in bosie and FELL IN LOVE ON THE SPOT and bought 3 containers to bring home with me!) go here: BSN® - LEAN DESSERT PROTEIN™

i hope we're allowed to share other websites on this forum! i apologize if we are not!!!!!

Hi Jess! My starting weight is 230 pounds. I'm only 5'3". I was told to start my pre-op diet next Friday, so that I was on it 2 weeks prior to surgery. In a nutshell, it's high protein and low carb. I'm not suppose to have more than 40-50 carbs daily. I live in Ohio. Where are you from?
    hi there again, joelene... does anyone call you joe? i love that name for a girl! anyway... you are TINY, aren't you? my current weight is 298 and i'm 5'5"... i long to be 230 again!!!! and then 165 (goal). i got down to 202 with the lapband... but gained most of that back, as you can see, when i lost it. DEPRESSING!

i live in annapolis, maryland... my doc is Dr. vonReuden in baltimore. his practice has a great website and the staff is just amazing!!!!! i have started my own pre-op diet bc his practice doesn't require one until 48 hours before surgery... i am doing a protein shake for breakfast and lunch... and sometimes a protein bar for an afternoon snack if i'm hungry. then i eat a "lean and green" dinner. usually chicken and veggies or a salad with chicken! i like the "no more than 40-50 carb" rule... i'm going to adopt that for myself!!! THANK YOU for sharing!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by laniesmom View Post
    I was on a morphine drip for over 24 hours but realized that it was making me nauseous so I stopped dispenseing it. I was driving by Monday, but decided to take the complete week off due to energy level (I teach Middle School). I have Lortab ELX but have only taken one complete dose (divided between 2 doses). I've lost 31 lbs total 15 before surgery and the rest since...No regrets, just hate liquids...ready to chew. But with my doctor that starts thursday this upcoming week
    hey there, cousin! if you were driving by monday, you must have been feeling good!!!!!! THAT IS AWESOME! i am also a teacher (4th grade) but LUCKILY i only have to take 1 day off (4/19) because the whole following week plus easter monday is our SPRING BREAK! i am sooooooooooooooo happy the doctor's office was so accommodating to my request so i didn't have to take time off work!

if you hate liquids... check out the suggestions i gave joelene above! i had the lapband from 2006 - 2008 and really found ways to love my protein shakes!! check out some of those blogs for awesome recipe ideas... and PM me your email if you want to see the info. i got at the "shake it up" party!!!!

GIRLS, I am sooooooooooo pumped we have this little group going! this is what i needed on this site - connections! convesration! and friends!!!!

19. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    08-21-2011 06:05 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 38 Times in 24 Posts

Hi. I am Donna. Just joined the forums. I am going in to be sleeved on the 23rd. Nervous is not the word. I am in England uk and would love to be in touch with people going through this at the same time as me xx

21. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/07/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Connie Campbell
    Last Activity
    04-09-2012 04:32 PM
    Said "Thanks" 111 Times
    Was Thanked 168 Times in 82 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 21 Times
    Blog Entries

I'm April 7! And super excited, 10 day countdown!

23. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member jenssensmom's Avatar
    Name
    Wendy Jasper-Martinez
    Surgery date
    04/16/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    08-17-2015 05:47 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 58 Times in 39 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 29 Times

I am flying to Tijuana on the 15th, surgery the 16th and flying home the 19th. Will be at Hospital Jerusalem with Dr. Almanza....good luck everyone!

25. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    05-01-2011 02:51 PM
    Said "Thanks" 25 Times
    Was Thanked 35 Times in 16 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 20 Times

Mine is April 18th and my husband and I are having it done the same day..my daughter is having hers April 6th..she and I are both band revisions..we are in the Dallas area using Dr Veninga..good luck everyone..we start liquids on Monday. My daughter has been on liquids 1 week today and has lost 8 lbs. from that...says the 3rd day was really rough, but not so bad after that.

27. Said thanks:

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast