Dr Almanza
    Last Activity
    03-11-2013 07:46 PM
    Said "Thanks" 26 Times
    Was Thanked 42 Times in 30 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 155 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I had te mommy make over!

Honestly, I wouldn't choose to stay in the hotel after surgery because I went alone and if something were to happen I know it would take them time to check on me. I dn't even know if it's a choice but if you stay at the hotel you pay for all your expenses foods and hotel. I believe they charge $60 per night at Ticuan and they have a restaurant downstairs it's great if you have company with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Leshuz View Post
    How were the meds? What antibiotics/pain meds? Did you have a choice of RH or hotel and did they bring your meds to you/check on you there? Was your pain controlled?

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Dee Leshuz's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    03/15/2012
    Said "Thanks" 77 Times
    Was Thanked 579 Times in 506 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 165 Times

Yeah, I've heard before that if you are in the hotel you don't get your meds on time-you were there when you first arrived b/c the RH was crowded? Thanks for answering all the questions!
    Starting weight: 255
    Pre-op weight: 228
    Surgery date: 3/14/2012

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    11/11/2010
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    12-27-2015 08:21 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 407 Times in 175 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 42 Times

Great to hear you had a good experience. I had my sleeve surgery done there and was planning on going back for the Mommy makeover. Then read a couple of bad reviews (though one seemed pretty unrealistic). So I have been checking out other options, none even close to the price they are offering at Jerusalem Hosp. And some require a 2 week stay. I do not want to be away that long. My husband is planning on coming as well, though not right away. He would come a day or 2 after my surgery. I said he would just be in the way anyway! I never had him come at all for my sleeve. Please keep posting updates. I will check back regularly. I've spent hours and hours researching, checking prices and locations so your testimony is extremely helpful.

Surgery date
    03/15/2012
    Said "Thanks" 77 Times

A lot of the reasons some of the places want you to stay 2 weeks is for your health and so they can do post op stuff like remove stitches that your US doctor may not agree to perform as they are generally leery of Mexican medical tourism patients. That does up the price and it DOES suck but it's sensible to include both the time and the cost. YMMV.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    08/04/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 26 Times
    Blog Entries

The stiches they used are dissolvable and the doctor check on you before you leave mexico. If something wrong they won't let you leave unless you leave against their advice. I met a lady that was there for 2 weeks following a butt implant because she had a fever. It's always good to research and compare and trust your instinct. Not everybody can have this type of surgery at the clinic if you're already have an existing medical condition in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Leshuz View Post
    A lot of the reasons some of the places want you to stay 2 weeks is for your health and so they can do post op stuff like remove stitches that your US doctor may not agree to perform as they are generally leery of Mexican medical tourism patients. That does up the price and it DOES suck but it's sensible to include both the time and the cost. YMMV.

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Surgery date
    03/15/2012
    Said "Thanks" 77 Times

Good to know they use dissolvable stitches, I'd heard they didn't w/ the sleeve from other patients so I assumed that was the case w/ cosmetic surgery. A number of plastic surgeons in Mexico still use the regular stitches.

Dissolvable stitches are much better and I'd rather stay until it was safe to go home than rush out of the country and risk complications that an American doctor might not want to touch.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    11/11/2010
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    12-27-2015 08:21 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 407 Times in 175 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 42 Times

I have been researching different prices and places to have some cosmetic surgery done. Had my sleeve by Dr. Almanza and was very happy with the care I received. Nothing compares to the price they offer at Jerusalem. I find it hard to justify spending several thousand more and actually getting less. Are you happy with the results so far? You didn't think that going home after one week was too soon? Your dr. at home is willing to do the follow up?
    I am wanting to book the mommy makeover for september so I want to be sure of where I'm going. You were happy with Dr. Lara and the care you received?

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    08/04/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 26 Times
    Blog Entries

I did not have any problem coming home after 1 week, if anything I couldn't wait to come home. Here's the thing I had 3 consultations with 3 different plastic surgeon here in the states. They all told me it was going to be an outpatient patient procedure. Sure they will do follow up but, I go home the same day unless I require hospitalization at my own expense. Over there I spent 1 day at the clinic with people watching me and 4 days at the recovery house under nurse's supervision. I didn't have any problem coming home although I had 2 flights, I asked for a wheelchair and I was fine. As far as the results my tummy is still sore and numb, and it's going to be numb for a while. My breast look fine but I haven't see the incision around the nipples yet and check for symmetry. I still have the steri trip on my tummy and breast incision and I was told to leave them in for several weeks. I'm going to see my doctor in another month or so unless I need to see him sooner which I doubt. He did my follow up after the sleeve he won't mind seeing me for the mommy make over. Know what you want have your questions ready for the consultation dr Lara speak good english, if you can get a free consultation with a plastic surgeon in your area do it to help guide you. If you can bring a family member with you or a friend for assistance if you decide to go to CJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful Momma View Post
    I have been researching different prices and places to have some cosmetic surgery done. Had my sleeve by Dr. Almanza and was very happy with the care I received. Nothing compares to the price they offer at Jerusalem. I find it hard to justify spending several thousand more and actually getting less. Are you happy with the results so far? You didn't think that going home after one week was too soon? Your dr. at home is willing to do the follow up?
    I am wanting to book the mommy makeover for september so I want to be sure of where I'm going. You were happy with Dr. Lara and the care you received?

Banned
    Name
    Christy
    Surgery date
    09/08/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-16-2014 05:35 PM
    Said "Thanks" 645 Times
    Was Thanked 491 Times in 418 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 493 Times
    Blog Entries

Thanks for all the info!! Did you pick the size implants you wanted at the consultation?

Gastric Sleeve Member stephintexas's Avatar
    Name
    Stephanie
    Surgery date
    01/09/2012
    Surgeon
    Mirza
    Last Activity
    05-22-2014 10:38 AM
    Said "Thanks" 49 Times
    Was Thanked 127 Times in 104 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 32 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Angel1 View Post
    I did not have any problem coming home after 1 week, if anything I couldn't wait to come home. Here's the thing I had 3 consultations with 3 different plastic surgeon here in the states. They all told me it was going to be an outpatient patient procedure. Sure they will do follow up but, I go home the same day unless I require hospitalization at my own expense. Over there I spent 1 day at the clinic with people watching me and 4 days at the recovery house under nurse's supervision. I didn't have any problem coming home although I had 2 flights, I asked for a wheelchair and I was fine. As far as the results my tummy is still sore and numb, and it's going to be numb for a while. My breast look fine but I haven't see the incision around the nipples yet and check for symmetry. I still have the steri trip on my tummy and breast incision and I was told to leave them in for several weeks. I'm going to see my doctor in another month or so unless I need to see him sooner which I doubt. He did my follow up after the sleeve he won't mind seeing me for the mommy make over. Know what you want have your questions ready for the consultation dr Lara speak good english, if you can get a free consultation with a plastic surgeon in your area do it to help guide you. If you can bring a family member with you or a friend for assistance if you decide to go to CJ.
    I had a lift in Houston a few years back. I had a nose job at the same time. I came home the same day. A week later I went back for a checkup. I continued having monthly then every few month checkups. My nose was NOTHING like I wanted, surgeon refused to redo. I had a hematoma (sp?) on my right breaast. My breasts were two different cup sizes and the areolas were drastically different. The surgeon refused to repair it. I asked if we could add implants and level out the sizes, he told me to lose weight and then come back. I had to go have corrective surgery by another doctor, pay again and then received excellent after care. Sometimes you get sh*t care here in the US as well. Sounds like your experience was better than my first round of plastics!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    05/31/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Chu
    Last Activity
    11-03-2012 12:57 PM
    Said "Thanks" 24 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 13 Times
    Blog Entries

Did this include the hotal cost...what would you say it cost you in addition to the overall medical procedure

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    08/04/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 26 Times
    Blog Entries

I did not stay in the hotel I only spent the first night there at there expense. I believe the hotel I stayed at was $55-60 per day. I spent a total of $6150 for the surgery and airfare. An additional $50 in tipping the staff and 100 in souvenir.

Quote Originally Posted by Brie View Post
    Did this include the hotal cost...what would you say it cost you in addition to the overall medical procedure

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    08/04/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 26 Times
    Blog Entries

Yes I did, I wanted to have 250 cc's the doctor advise me to go with 300 cc's because once the swollen went down they wouldn't be too big. I was a 34 C before I will probably be a 34 D or DD now.

Quote Originally Posted by Msvetrn View Post
    Thanks for all the info!! Did you pick the size implants you wanted at the consultation?

16. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member stephintexas's Avatar
    Name
    Stephanie
    Surgery date
    01/09/2012
    Surgeon
    Mirza
    Last Activity
    05-22-2014 10:38 AM
    Said "Thanks" 49 Times
    Was Thanked 127 Times in 104 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 32 Times

OMG! Sign me up! (well in a few months) I really wanna know how your belly button turns out, if you dont mind. I spent 11K on a lift and implants!

Name
    Stephanie
    Surgery date
    07/11/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Benjamin Kim
    Last Activity
    02-17-2016 12:10 PM
    Said "Thanks" 14 Times
    Was Thanked 49 Times in 46 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 45 Times
    Blog Entries

Wow, I would love to get the mommy make over...I don't get sleeved till early July, but i'm already thinking of how much of my boobs and booty will be gone after weight loss ...lol, I think that's an awsome price, hey maybe if we all get together to do the MM, we can recieve a group rate...lol.
    Stephanie....beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Day of surgery weight 195