07/10/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default a friendly newcomer

hi,
    i had gastric bypass RNY laproscopically in 2005. it was very successful initially, but i have now regained 40lbs. i can eat normal portions like anyone else at the table, so apparently my stomach has stretched back out. anyone else with similar post bypass experinces? i am hoping to hear about experiences with dr. almanza and from anyone who has had revision surgery of any kind (or wants to/is going to). good luck to all of you!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member frog girl 57's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    03/12/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    04-22-2012 07:05 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5 Times

Default Re: a friendly newcomer

hi, i had RNY in 2004 at 289lbs. by 2006 i was down to 199lbs. everyone said i looked anorexic or like a crack head. so i listened to them (ps i am a food addict) and i ate myself back up to 179lbs by 2008. so i went and had lap band. worst mistake of my life!! for 4 years i have been unable to use it as advertised due to acid reflux, vomiting food that was stuck, and what i felt to be the beginning of erosion. so march 12 i had dr. almanza remove the band and revise my stomach to a sleeve. he also removed my old stomach that was just sitting around doing nothing over to the side. it has been 4 weeks and i have lost 10 pounds and feel great. this time i am not looking for a quick fix but a new way of living with food.
    Frog girl 57

4. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    07/10/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: a friendly newcomer

hi frog girl57! i tried to PM you, but it didn't work, so hopefully you'll see this...
    i emailed almanza's people again, and was told that a sleeve revision wasn't possible by louise. but you said you had it done. could you tell me who your rep was and if you consulted with almanza himself prior to surgery? i would REALLY be grateful! thanks!