Gastric Sleeve Member daisymax22's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Last Activity
    08-10-2014 12:38 PM
    Said "Thanks" 65 Times
    Was Thanked 179 Times in 93 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 94 Times

Default daily intake

Could someone please give me a list of what they eat/drink (aka SIP) and types and times and also when you fit your vitamins in, trying not to stress with the soon approaching date! (inside arrrrrrghhh) Thanks guys/gals

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    03/01/2011
    Last Activity
    02-15-2012 10:18 PM
    Said "Thanks" 17 Times
    Was Thanked 33 Times in 14 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 11 Times

Default Re: daily intake

Hey Daisy, I'm on Post-Op and I am still trying to follow the Full Liquid Diet which consists of SF jello and pudding, yogurt, propel water, soups (creamy strained and broth) and purred foods. I haven't exactly followed it due to desiring more flavor I guess you can say. However, I still do eat the foods mentioned. As far as the vitamins, I take them in the morning and follow them with a flavored drink or spoon of jello to get rid of the taste. I take the liquid form of Centrum which isn't too bad. I take B-12 in a cherry flavor (liquid) and Calcium Citrate (crushed) which I cannot get use to so I don't take like I should. I sip on liquids every chance I get. I actuall carry my drink with me around the house and when I travel outside. You can't gulp so I take about 2 -3 sips every 30 min. I try. I know I do not consume 64 oz a day but I can complete a regular size of bottle water plus a half cup of Crystal Light or Propel Water. It's going to be hard, but just keep in you mind that you MUST keep drinking/sipping liquids. I even wake up in the middle of the night and take a sip when I need to go to the restroom or check on the kids. Don't stress Daisy, it will be ok. I was nervous and found that the surgery is not too bad at all. Your recovery is great, minimal pain and you have support. Just remember these 4 things: SIP, WALK, EAT SMALL PORTIONS IN INCREMENTS and REST and I promise you, you will be FINE. Keep us posted with your surgery date and your recovery. I'm here for support. Good Luck and Don't Worry...smile

Surgery date
    02/28/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Enrique Arias
    Last Activity
    12-07-2013 03:37 PM
    Said "Thanks" 17 Times
    Was Thanked 65 Times in 39 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 80 Times

Hi its okey,
    its a getting use to something.... I also take sips and sips and started with fish,chicken and eggs but chew them slowly about 30 chews before i swallow it.... I have 19 days today and i have lost 16lbs to date!!!!!

Gastric Sleeve Member daisymax22's Avatar
    Last Activity
    08-10-2014 12:38 PM
    Said "Thanks" 65 Times
    Was Thanked 179 Times in 93 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 94 Times

surgery went well...been home three days now. you are so spot on yvette, sipping, walking your advise has been gold. Broths (beef and chicken) edys sugar free frozen pops, gatorade protein recovery drink over ice chips (ice from Sonic, love it)sugar free jellos. I am doing well, other than diarrhea no problems, did you have any of that?