Surgeon
    Dr Ramos Kelly
    Last Activity
    09-08-2013 09:47 PM
    Said "Thanks" 682 Times
    Was Thanked 704 Times in 669 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 550 Times

Default Two Weeks Post-Op!

So, I'm two weeks post-op. I've lost 14 pounds since surgery and 10 pounds on the pre-op, for a total of 24 pounds so far. I still feel weak and sometimes dizzy. My strength is not where it could be just yet, and I'm a little worried because I have to return to work fulltime on Monday. I'm still on fluids, but have been trying soupy cream of wheat for the past few days, which goes down and stays down quite well. If I make it with goat, almond, or soy milk, I don't get the runs. I have found that any cow milk products are now off the menu for me. My stomach absolutely will not tolerate it. I have also been having the Trader Joe's instant miso soup, and adding silky tofu to increase the protein. Yesterday I got a full bottle of water in, as well as 1/2 a cup of decaf coffee, 1/2 a cup of herbal tea, and about 1/2 cup of Gatorade.The most I've managed to get down in one day since surgery. By no means the right amount of fluids, but I'm doing the best I can and it's very hard. I do miss real food--the taste and texture mostly, but I rarely feel hunger pangs. I do feel other manifestations of hunger, though, such as feeling hollow, light-headed, low blood sugar, weakness, dizziness, and fatigue. I am still sleeping a lot, and while I'm still off work I'm allowing myself to rest and sleep when I feel like it. Our bodies heal and repair themselves when we sleep, so I'm trying to let it do that. I found adult gummy vitamins at Costco, which I've been taking for about a week, plus biotin and a sublingual Vitamin B-12. I still have a little discomfort on my left side if I lay on that side in bed. And sometimes, the waistband of my pants rub on an incision site. Other than that, no pain or discomfort related to surgery. For newbies considering the sleeve, I will say that I have no regrets about doing this, but don't go into this thinking it's a walk in the park. Pre-surgery we are so focused on just getting the surgery that we can neglect to plan ahead for what comes after surgery. It's a lot of work, you will go through a period of time not feeling up to par, and trying to find what foods you can tolerate, and what things still taste good to you. Before surgery I used to enjoy the occasional bottle of Lipton 100% natural green tea with citrus. I got one from the cooler section at the grocery store last night, took one sip and put it down. It now tastes wrong to me. Sometimes, I eat or swallow fluid too fast when I thought I was taking it slow--but the residula pain lets me know I just overdid it. You have to completely re-learn your digestive system all over again. But it's all worth it.

Fast Weight loss Online at the Weight Loss Center

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member boricuafever's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    IRIS
    Surgery date
    02/27/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr GUPTA ANIRBAN
    Last Activity
    09-15-2012 08:43 AM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 9 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Two Weeks Post-Op!

very ture it take time to change the way we eat but in all it will work out for the best i had my on 2/27/12 and i am doing good so faw i have loss 50.bls and i feel good i do alot of walking 5 day a week cause i cant' go to the gym but i walk and feel 100/ good .

Surgery date
    03/19/2012
    Surgeon
    Bernita Berntsen, MD, FACS
    Last Activity
    01-02-2015 05:15 PM
    Said "Thanks" 74 Times
    Was Thanked 67 Times in 60 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 40 Times
    Blog Entries

great words of advice. You are correct we do a lot of pre op research but dont take post op as much consideration. Im only 5 days post op and things are getting better
    day of pre op diet 331
    10/17 7 month ==242 ..89 lbs down
    Aug 1 224--- 110 lbs gone

Name
    Riesy
    Surgery date
    03/05/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Hollis
    Last Activity
    05-20-2014 02:09 PM
    Said "Thanks" 30 Times
    Was Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 83 Times

Yay Sunflower, you're doing awesome!!! We're the same lbs. lost this has really been a wonderful and yet challenging experience for us. Are you taking regular size vitamins? That's great your Dr. Allowed you to take gummies mine did not;( keep up the good work.

Gastric Sleeve Member Sunflower's Avatar
    Surgery date
    03/10/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Ramos Kelly
    Last Activity
    09-08-2013 09:47 PM
    Said "Thanks" 682 Times
    Was Thanked 704 Times in 669 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 550 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Msriesy View Post
    Yay Sunflower, you're doing awesome!!! We're the same lbs. lost this has really been a wonderful and yet challenging experience for us. Are you taking regular size vitamins? That's great your Dr. Allowed you to take gummies mine did not;( keep up the good work.
    Yes, my vitamins re regular size, and taste like candy Congrats on your weight loss too!

Fast Weight loss Online at the Weight Loss Center

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents