Surgeon
    Dr. Alvarez
    Last Activity
    04-17-2019 12:45 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

Default Good Day Alvarites

Doc Alvarez ROCKS…Right! Today I’m one month out from a definitely amazingly wonderful Gastric Sleeve (GS) procedure performed 7 Feb 2012 in Piedras Negras, Mexico. I just returned from the gym having burned 560 calories on a treadmill, now introducing sit-ups into my workout, and feel GREAT! The gym has been an essential part of my life. Today the scales had me at 306 lbs. This past January my weight was out of control at 356 lbs/42 BMI. At 63 I was factored an obese person…ouch. I’d been the epitome of health and strength most of my life. The past 10 long yrs reflected my disappointing size, weight, and deliberate research which led me to Doc Alvarez. I have traveled and lived all over the world, and the thought of going down to Mexico brought to mind border challenges all reflected in the news. I have research medical tourism and know there is magnificent healthcare across borders. I sought out people who had been to Piedras Negras, Mexico for their GS procedure. My issues were resolved with their unanimously great reports. Hospitality abounds! Piedras Negras, Mexico and Eagle Pass TX are like twin cities only separated by a border. The hospitality is excellent on both sides, the food is too. Doc Alvarez’s office was the first stop, then my hospital room into a very clean and welcoming medical center. The surgical procedure and nursing care were first class. Jessica was our Latino translator with the nurses. The procedure was uneventful, completed by noon and I was trying my jokes on the nurses that afternoon, all translated by Jessica. Apparently Doc Alvarez advised the nurses to laugh too. Next day I got my exercise walking the floors getting my exercise while my wife and Jessica went out to lunch and enjoyed the ambiance of Piedras Negras. The next day we were on our way home. Life is good and getting better!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Sunflower's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    03/10/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Ramos Kelly
    Last Activity
    09-08-2013 09:47 PM
    Said "Thanks" 682 Times
    Was Thanked 704 Times in 669 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 550 Times

Default Re: Good Day Alvarites

Congratulations and thanks for the update. Glad you're doing well.

Fast Weight loss Online at the Weight Loss Center