Last Activity
    11-24-2015 12:16 PM
    Said "Thanks" 92 Times
    Was Thanked 39 Times in 31 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 37 Times
    Blog Entries

Default 3 months today

Hi all,
    Today is my 3 month aniversary with my sleeve, I have lost 53 lbs and could not be happier. For all the newbies out there the 1st 2 months are the hardest then all of a sudden food and liquids taste good again, at least for me. My mainstay is cottage cheese, I tried my best to get my water in and my protiens in, it was very difficult for me. I was never in any pain or sick. I had my surgury on a Monday and was back to work on the following Monday. I was a little tired the first couple of days but I made it. Now I usually have cereal or instant breakfast, for lunch soup or some left over chicken, dinner I have fish or some meat and one or 2 bites of veggies. sf popsicle for snacks, inbetween meals I have a tablespoon of cottage cheese or string cheese. I can eat 1/2 piece of toast with peanut butter (which I love). I don't have any desire to eat junk or fast food anymore. Oh, I think about it but when it gets down to what I will eat it's much better stuff. I have tried to eat a few things from fast food but it just didn't taste good anymore, it's all in the head that remembers the grease and the taste. The stomache just can't do it. My favorite treat is a small frosty from Wendy's, 99 cents and I can eat about 1/3 of it, yummy! I am able to drink vodka I mix it with crystal light green tea, I have not had a diet coke in 3 months. I think that has been the hardest giving up my soda. All in all this is the best thing I have ever done for myself, for sure it is not always easy, mostly while eating out with friends, there is no snacking on apitizers like before cause there is no room for your meal, it's worth it to me. Best of luck to all and keep up the good work. Sam

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    02/22/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Matthew Ricks
    Last Activity
    03-25-2013 11:40 AM
    Said "Thanks" 11 Times
    Was Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 3 months today

It sounds like you're doing wonderful. I'm so happy for you. You give me something to strive for! Congratulations and happy 3 month anniversary.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    03/28/2012
    Surgeon
    dr josh roller
    Last Activity
    03-30-2015 03:27 PM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 8 Times
    Blog Entries

Re: 3months today
    That is one of my concerns, that I will still want the fast food and all the sodas still. As long as I don't crave them, I can handle not having them. But from what I hear you saying, is that the desire is gone for those types of food? That is another reason I have opt for the sleeve because it removes that part of the stomach that sends messages to the brain that you're hungry when really you may not be. My surgery is in 2 wks and I believe I'm doing the right thing, but just very scared about it also. My pre-op appointment is next week so maybe the doctor will answer more questions for me and put my nerves at ease. So happy for your success and I hope I do as well as you have.

6. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member strawhat22's Avatar
    Name
    Sam
    Surgery date
    12/12/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    11-24-2015 12:16 PM
    Said "Thanks" 92 Times
    Was Thanked 39 Times in 31 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 37 Times
    Blog Entries

Hey music girl1,

It's truely amazing your stomache will tell you yes or no very quickly. I was craving a bite of pancakes with butter and syrup. One bite killed me for the whole day. I could care less about pancakes now. It's true what they say there are some things you used to love that you just can't eat anymore or for now, maybe down the road 6-8 months? I can eat 4 small bites of pizza, but anything spicy can't eat. I was raised on mexican food and can still eat that but one bite of pepperoni.... done. Good luck with your surgury and keep in touch. Sam